Gransnet forums

Chat

What I did today No.2

(433 Posts)
BradfordLass72 Mon 11-Nov-19 10:28:33

I so much enjoyed hearing about everyone's daily happenings but the thread seems to have withered and died, so I'm reviving it.

Please don't think your day to day tasks sound mundane, they're not to me. smile

BradfordLass72 Sun 22-Dec-19 08:38:33

Cooking, GN and laundry all day.
smile

Short and welcome visit from the lady for whom I make shortbread; she brought a shiny package for under the tree.

Lovely neighbour opposite came over with a bouquet of silver beet as 'thanks' for the cake. His daughter has just a glimmer of hope that she may rise up the list for housing.
Fingers crossed.

Ate a tin of sardines for tea. Now off to bed. moon If anyone is still reading this thread, Night-night.

Luckygirl Sun 22-Dec-19 09:32:11

Eldest DD is sown from up north and it was lovely to see her.

We all spent quite a while with OH in NH - he was pleased to see her, but quite "out of it."

Spent lovely evening at DD2's where visiting DD is staying - had a lovely salmon meal and watched Murder on the The Orient Express by the lovely warm woodburner. DD1 then drove me home in more floods and pouring rain.

Luckygirl Sun 22-Dec-19 09:32:26

sown??? - down

BradfordLass72 Mon 23-Dec-19 08:01:23

Luckygirl Glad you had a lovely, bright spot in what has been such a long and trying time for you.
And that wretched weather doesn't help sad

Have been on the go all day. Nothing exciting, just last-minute shopping and preparation and cleaning.
To be truthful, I didn't know it was 23rd today, thought I had two more days to play with.

Mended a picture frame which fell off the wall and which contained my grandson's art work.

Went out to put a net over the fig tree; not one fig on it, possibly due to the drought, so a futile exercise.
Pruned both roses and the pittisporum. Watered the tomatoes and added fertiliser.

My homecare lady gave me a gorgeous bunch of flowers.

Invented a new dessert [smile} I had made mille feuille and there were some flaky pastry crumbs on the tray after trimming.
Also made strawberry tarts, with melted dark (sugar-free) chocolate in the base.
So on a whim, stirred the flakes into the left-over chocolate and let it set, then sprinkled it onto the 2tbs of creme pattiserie left over and added a few strawberries. e Voila! a new dessert. Yummy.

Only disappointing note today is that I've lost even more sight in my right eye (which was the better of the two). Felt like saying a very naughty word grin

BBbevan Mon 23-Dec-19 10:42:09

We got up early and went to Tesco for some last minute things We got there at 7:15 along with the world and his wife . "How can gin and sherry be last minute?" I asked DH as he merrily added them to an already full basket. Anyway back home now and getting out the Christmas plates and table cloths. Spot of ironing and then lunch. I love this time when everything is ready. A bit sad that DS, DiL and the 2 DGDs will not be here but they are abroad with their other GPs and having a great adventure.

Marmight Sun 29-Dec-19 15:12:32

Good heavens! Where has the last week gone? I’m just surfacing from a week at DD3’s plus DD1 and their families plus the in-laws. 22 of us including 18 month old twins, a 10 month old and 8 others under 11. Too much food, too much alcohol and, despite the Secret Santa rule, too many presents. On Christmas Day the boiler broke down so no hot water/heating until the plumber comes next week. My allocated position was twixt the hob, heating saucepans full of water and the sink, washing up the dishwasher having collapsed under the strain. You can imagine the rest ?. I drove home yesterday feeling distinctly jaded, took to my bed and slept for 12 hours. Much as I enjoyed it, I am pleased to be home, albeit alone, in relative comfort & peace. All over until next time!
I hope you all had a good time too...,

BBbevan Sun 29-Dec-19 15:21:41

Thanks Marmight, a lovely quiet Christmas.
Weather forecast said mild and overcast. Well we decided on a walk. Just to the sea and back. It was overcast but perishing cold.
Got home glowing. I feel we have been indoors forever, what with the rain and cold. DH made cheese omelette for lunch. ( masses of cheese in fridge) Last of the turkey for dinner, with roast potatoes and veg.
Quiet evening in store.