Gransnet forums

Chat

What I did today No.2

(432 Posts)
BradfordLass72 Mon 11-Nov-19 11:04:32

Pantglas2 grin

Yorksherlass I went swimming in the morning, managed an hour's hard work then 5 minutes in the spa pool to warm me old bones.

At home I put swimming things in the machine with a few more towels; ate a crispy salad and cocoa (separately smile) then came to my computer to catch up on email and write my diary.

I'd had a very full weekend, including lunch with the PM at Te Mahurehure Marae and on Sunday attended an Armistice Day ceremony where, with my elders group, I sang, so a lot to be written up.

My homecare lady, Sia arrived at 2pm and I sat and watched whilst she cleaned my little house.

Now it's midnight and I still haven't finished my diary but tomorrow is another day......

Marydoll Mon 11-Nov-19 10:50:10

I got up early for painkillers, as usual.
Washed my hair, it took ages as it is so thick and my hands were painful and I kept stopping to read GN rest!

Spent ages on the phone trying to sort out a cardiac rehabilitation appointment. Luckily I did, as they were about to take me off the list, as I had taken too long to respond.
I'm now off to have an angina review with my GP and track down a missing prescription. Such an exciting day!

I had considered a quick look round TKMax, as it's in the next town, only ten minutes away from my doctor's, but it's wild here, I may pass on that.

Have a good day.

tanith Mon 11-Nov-19 10:38:27

I’ll give it a go, I’ve walked to the gym a lovely sunny morning although I got muddy feet walking through a local footpath that takes me to a footbridge over the A40. The traffic below as usual at a near standstill, I love that I no longer have to sit in that never ending queue to get to work anymore.
Now I’m home to find a parcel I ordered only last night hidden up the drive behind my car because I was out when they tried to deliver it. So now quick coffee and a shower then have a tidy up.

Enjoy your day

Yorksherlass Mon 11-Nov-19 10:34:15

It’s a bit parky here in Scotland ( 3c ) so I’ve made a tomato and lentil soup for lunch , keeps kitchen warm too . What have you been up to ?

MiniMoon Mon 11-Nov-19 10:32:03

Thank you BradfordLass. I didn't contribute much to that thread, but really enjoyed reading about other grans days.

Pantglas2 Mon 11-Nov-19 10:31:00

Gosh BradfordLass72 I thought initially this thread was about my morning toilet habits......

BradfordLass72 Mon 11-Nov-19 10:28:33

I so much enjoyed hearing about everyone's daily happenings but the thread seems to have withered and died, so I'm reviving it.

Please don't think your day to day tasks sound mundane, they're not to me. smile