Gransnet forums

Chat

What I did today No.2

(433 Posts)
BradfordLass72 Mon 11-Nov-19 10:28:33

I so much enjoyed hearing about everyone's daily happenings but the thread seems to have withered and died, so I'm reviving it.

Please don't think your day to day tasks sound mundane, they're not to me. smile

ayse Mon 11-Nov-19 14:51:02

Pottered about for a bit, chatted to DH, sorted the washing and was just deciding what to do when DD3 called. She was in a panic thinking she’d left her straightener on at home. Well, car has died so I caught 2 buses to go to her house. Arrived to find the offending equipment was off. Tidied the kitchen and sitting room, put the dishwasher on and did some hand washing up. Hung the washing on the clothes horses, helped myself to a mini Twix and coffee, watched Bargain Hunt and then did the reverse journey.

Arrived home to find the parcel I’d been waiting for (Parcel Force) could not be delivered. Tried to rearrange online but it wouldn’t accept the number on the card. Called the centre to be met with an automated voice. Put the tracking no. in again, not recognised. It asked for my address, name etc and I finally managed to arrange redelivery. I loathe talking to computers! Didn’t put the call down and guess what? A real person answered the phone. Apparently the driver had failed to put the suffix GB on the number. I had a grumble! Hung my own washing up and now I’m going to make a pot of tea!

Not the day I planned but never mind. It helped my DD out and she said I was wonderful. It’s lovely to be appreciated.

grannysyb Mon 11-Nov-19 17:54:48

Got up , had breakfast, then went back to bed as I'm still not sleeping well since my op. Got up, showered, dressed then DD came and took me shopping as I can't drive until the weekend. Came home had lunch, then friend came and took me to our sewing class. Now home and sorting supper as DH starting a cold and he will need early night.

cornergran Mon 11-Nov-19 18:04:13

Finally getting over the lurgy. Sadly Mr C is still struggling so listened to him cough, a lot. Put a chilli in the slow cooker with enough to freeze for three more meals. Made sausage rolls, took some to a neighbour and chatted with her for an hour. Bits and pieces in the shops this afternoon. Thoroughly enjoyed it all. Good to feel energy coming back.

mumofmadboys Mon 11-Nov-19 18:20:53

Went to U3A table tennis first thing. Since then made a fish pie for tea, made a loaf of bread ( in bread maker so dead easy!) DH and I moved our bed and hoovered underneath it. It was so dusty!!

Dottydots Mon 11-Nov-19 18:28:46

It was really windy this morning but I felt I must go out for a walk. I walked 20 minutes to the shops and popped into the butchers to buy some mince. I had a cheeky chat with the butcher and he said "See you again, sweetheart." I know it might sound silly but I walked home with a spring in my step.

M0nica Mon 11-Nov-19 18:37:50

Lemongrove love Bampton and Aston Pottery. It is not that far from us and we go to Banpton Opera in the Deanery most summers.

DS is a Morris dancer and Folklorist and sometimes comes home specially to visit the Morris dancing day in May.

theretheredear Mon 11-Nov-19 20:00:05

I had a lie in this am, day off. Windy so washing out, it's still out though, as it rained so heavily whilst i went food shopping, it's sopping!
I've taken 2 bags to the charity, vacuumed the house again & cleaned up for the umpteenth time. We are moving in Dec & have just had building work etc..
Ordered a new mattress and sorted some packing. I've had only chocolate & brioche buns today ,so now need to cook dinner as so hungry..

EllanVannin Mon 11-Nov-19 20:07:29

The furthest I've been today is to the bin. Did some tidying up and sat with the newspaper listening to the rain belting against the front door----then the thunder, peculiar weather.

Enjoyed a quick meal of ham, egg, sausage ,beans and fried bread rounded off with a cup of tea. That'll keep the cold out.

D popped in with a bedspread which she'd washed in her machine as it's got a large drum, so handy because I was going to send it to the laundry, dried in her larger dryer too.

Then a friend called so we had a good catch up.
Crackers with cheese and pickle and that's that.

MiniMoon Mon 11-Nov-19 23:10:28

I tidied a bit this morning, and then made lunch for DH and me. We had leftover chicken casserole with a cheesy potato topping and cauliflower cheese.
I cleaned up the kitchen and then settled down with a cup of tea and my crochet project. I'm making elf ears for a friend to attach to the elf hats she is making.
I had a sandwich for tea as DH w as working.
Watched Only Connect and University Challenge, solved the first wall before the team did!!! Then Any and Dec 's DNA Journey.
Now settled in bed, see you tomorrow.

Callistemon Mon 11-Nov-19 23:29:18

I went to a Remembrance Service held by DGD's primary school, then a coffee with lovely people.
Did some washing, continued crocheting and leftovers for dinner (quick and easy but I had done a lot of cooking at the weekend).

Well done for solving the Wall, minimoon

glammanana Tue 12-Nov-19 08:48:14

An early morning for me today I have to be at Drs for blood tests so shower hair and make-up done but it looks so cold outside and very windy.
I think I shall spend the rest of the day indoors if the weather improves I will take my lazy Basset out for a walk but she is very fond of the sofa and it may be hard to convince her to move.
Tomorrow my GGS (18mths) is here for the day whilst mummy goes to work so I need to get into the shed and find his box of toys if the weather is better he can help in the garden with his grandpa.

Cambia Tue 12-Nov-19 10:03:10

Lovely warm morning here in Crete. Got up and had breakfast then we drove down to Rethymnon and mooched about the little old streets. Very different here in winter. The streets are quiet not thronging with people. Sat on the harbour front now with a coffee listening to Greek chatter.

teabagwoman Tue 12-Nov-19 10:34:43

Recovering from extensive foot surgery so lying on my bed, at dd’s house, with leg raised and ice packs on foot and under the back of my knee. Can’t take any weight on the foot so have to hop supported by a walking frame. Takes me ages but is doing wonders for my arm muscles and my balance. Will get up and dressed shortly and hop into the living room, then it will be reading, knitting, scrabble and TV until dgd comes home and it’s reading practice and silly games time.

BradfordLass72 Tue 12-Nov-19 10:56:55

A lazy day for me. Friendly phone call from my dil who began with 'Hello love...' it made me smile all day.

We chatted about the books she's bought her son, so I don't duplicate. Then what I'm taking to their place when I go over for Christmas. Mince pies, brandy butter, Black Cherry Mille Feuille (to be assembled there) and cheeses. Oh, and a traditional Yorkshire Pork Pie for breakfast. Look like I'll be baking most of December! smile

After a week of gorgeous sunshine, the weather was very poor in the morning: storms, hail then heavy rain. Sunnier in the afternoon though.

As always happens (so why don't I learn?) the moment I took the duvet off the bed and all my winter jumpers off their hangers to store away in lavender for summer - the temperatures plummented. sad

Ate mashed potato, carrot and swede for lunch (yesterday's left-overs from tea time) then had a very jolly time wrapping Christmas presents and listening to 'Ashes to Ashes' by Margaret Duffy - exciting stuff.

Now, once again it's 2 mins to midnight and I really should be in bed.

Just another minute or 6 on GN...........grin

optimist Tue 12-Nov-19 11:00:58

I travel across London ( 2 x buses, 2 x trains, 1.1/2 hours each way) to collect my grandaughter from school, feed her and wait until her mum gets home from work. Then I do the journey home. It is cold and uncomfortable travelling but I will do this for as long as I can manage it, I am 76. I love my time with her.

Dollydinkum Tue 12-Nov-19 11:12:56

I’m on holiday east of Malaga at the moment. Yesterday I had a lazy day. After a leisurely breakfast, got the little ‘circular’ bus into the old town - cost 1 Euro. Once there, I slowly walked back, meandering through the old, narrow streets. Bought a couple trinkets, then, as it wasn’t quite as warm yesterday, called into a little bar for a carajillo- small coffee and brandy - and sat reading my kindle for about an hour. Then I set off again and called at another little Spanish bar on the way to the hotel and had a tinto de verano with tapas. ? I read my kindle, listening to the waves, for about an hour then set off on the final leg to the hotel - just in time for a cup of tea and biscuits. Yes, a lovely day.
Today, I’m resting as I got bitten on my ankle, most likely by a mossie, whilst I was on my travels yesterday. I always react badly and my leg is throbbing somewhat. Nevertheless, it’s a beautiful day today so I’m just going to sit out on my balcony and read my kindle...and relax.

Craftycat Tue 12-Nov-19 11:27:23

Got up lateish just because I CAN!! I like to listen to radio 4 in bed in the morning for the news. DH home at the moment & we had toast for breakfast.
Showered- popped down to library for books as I run a Reading Group & it is our monthly meeting tonight.
Did a minimal amount of housework-& am now about to do the questions for Book Club.
Then ironing . We don't usually have lunch but will eat early this evening.
Will help DH to load some junk into car to take down the Tip then mow lawn if it is dry enough.
Off to Book Club at 7.30 & home about 10 ish for a quick G&T before bed!

dancingnana1 Tue 12-Nov-19 11:37:31

Have done 3 days of Scottish country dancing so feel a rest is called for. Have just had yogurt for breakfast when I got up at 10.30 am and I am planning to do some reading. I am reading Its raining men by Millie Johnson. It is a good read. DH has been into Glasgow to buy tickets for the cinema showing Les Miserables in Dec.

Kartush Tue 12-Nov-19 11:49:05

Husband woke me up at 6 this morning as he had an early start and had made breakfast, so I got heaps done, cleaned a bit, put the washing away, sat on the back deck and read my kindle with a cuppa for a bit then made lunch cos he decided to pop home. This afternoon I spent in my craft room making journals. Made dinner, my husband usually does it but he’s had a busy day so I thought I’d do it, now I am sitting in my recliner on my iPad being tortured with non stop country music. Was a good day

Mollyplop Tue 12-Nov-19 11:50:06

I've been to spend time with my new Highland pony grin. It's very muddy at the field as weve had torrential rain but even that can't dampen my spirits. Now I'm having a milky coffee and egg sandwiches

Mollygo Tue 12-Nov-19 11:50:49

Busy morning. By driving to docs at 8am I managed to get an appointment for DH at 11.30 with our actual doctor! Been trying since last Wednesday. Whizzed into town for a finance advice appointment, returned curtains to Dunelm. (The third faulty lot this year, I must start and use Blinds2go, even though they cost more, we had no problems with them.) Had a cup of coffee and a bacon bun and am now waiting to pick DH up-and take him to X-ray because the doc suspects he has fractured a bone in his ankle. So now a hunt for a parking place and another wait.

Patticake123 Tue 12-Nov-19 11:58:25

Showered, dressed, made tea for the bathroom fitter. Breakfast. 2 loads of washing done and put onto drying racks. Cleared out cupboard and sorted clothes for charity shop. Walked to dentist for a checkup, just got home, quick sit down and then get lunch. Was going to a meeting this afternoon but looks as if the bathroom fitter will still be working and so I may read before preparing the evening meal. Pretty boring really, I’ll be very pleased when the bathroom is finished, possibly a couple of weeks, I don’t like it when I’ve got anyone working in the house, it makes me feel like an intruder in my own home!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 12-Nov-19 12:05:06

Very unusually, I'll be spending a night away from home next week so I've already sorted out my clothes and have the bag half packed, ticking off items on the list.
I can't reveal the reason but can tell you I'm feeling nervous and excited at the same time.

dragonfly46 Tue 12-Nov-19 12:05:54

Just found this thread. Yesterday went to the wig shop and bought a wig so this afternoon I am having all my hair shaved off. I am assured the wig looks really natural but I think I will probably stick to turbans as they are more comfortable.

DH just got back from 2 hours at the opticians. He was told his distance glasses are no longer safe to drive with so not sure what we will do this week with visits to the hospital.

The good news is that the cleaners have been and worked their magic. Crab sandwich for lunch I think.

PamGeo Tue 12-Nov-19 12:06:16

After a very lazy day yesterday ... not really, I just skived from domestic duties and took my dogs for a lovely Autumnal walk instead. I prioritised myself so that I had the ability to do the walk I wanted to do and not just what I could manage. Go me !
Today I woke early and had so many plans to catch up in the house , so far I've had Leonard Cohen playing rather loudly whilst I've been pottering about tidying up. I'll have lunch with my hubby when he gets his break from work then out with the dogs as it's gloriously cold and Autumnal out there. It's not as windy or wet as it has been so that's good