Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Thu 14-Nov-19 06:16:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet outside this morning in Brackley .
Yesterdays Xmas Dinner and Beatles songs do , was good the Hotel is between Coventry and Balsall Common.
There were two other groups, besides the coach trip I was , a U3A group from Coventry ,and what appears to be a singles group called the Valentines Club, based just down the road so to speak at Kidlington.
You had a raffle plus quiz based on the Beatles , fancy dress , theses were done either side of the 3 course lunch.
Mick

Grammaretto Thu 14-Nov-19 10:39:15

Thanks Gilly for the update. I wonder if the reduced oxygen means his body has fought off, or is at last fighting off, the infection?
I do so hope so. Maw definitely speaks for us all. We are big strong shoulders to support you both.

Others have their troubles too and this forum is a wonderful friend.

kittylester Thu 14-Nov-19 10:43:07

gilly I echo everything every one else has said.

I was one of the people who advised you not to post if you didn't want to but I know that I worry when you dont post.

We all want to know how things are and, as lots of people have said - you're one of us.

NfkDumpling Thu 14-Nov-19 10:53:07

Ditto what everyone else has said much more eloquently than I could Gilly. Thanks so much for dropping in and updating us. XX

NanKate Thu 14-Nov-19 10:54:45

We are with you all the way Gilly please keep posting. ?

CaroleAnne Thu 14-Nov-19 11:23:15

I totally agree with Maw. If you want to join in and lessen the load a bit Gilly then you must. As Maw said we are all here to support you through your time of worry and sadness as I know you would do if it were someone else.
You are very brave and have so much to contend with. I think that I can speak for everyone here and say that our hearts go out to you. I am sending you healing thoughts and hope that some may get through and be of help.
Love from Carole.

Susan56 Thu 14-Nov-19 11:53:16

Thank you for updating us gilly, you are our friend and have supported so many of us and always given good advice,now it is our turn to support you which we all do with love.I too echo what everyone else has said.x

whywhywhy Thu 14-Nov-19 11:57:56

Good morning all from a very wet Market Harborough area.

Sending love and hugs to GillyBob.

We have just been to Rockingham to see the Rickshaw Challenge pass through and took a couple of photos. Matt Baker and his crew are amazing and so are the kids taking part. I felt like having a good cry.

I am still getting over the loss of my beautiful cat and taking each day as it comes.

Take care everyone.

moggie Thu 14-Nov-19 11:58:39

Good morning Mick & all, glad you enjoyed you day out Mick Really heavy rain in Nottingham. Hope it stops soon, so miserable for those folk who are flooded. Drove DH to hospital for blood test, cannot believe how fast some motorists drive in this weather.
Thank you for update Gillybob thoughts & prayers with you & your DH.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 14-Nov-19 12:47:44

not to post if you didn't want to but I know that I worry when you dont post

Well put kitty my feelings exactly.
Thank you.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 14-Nov-19 12:48:38

Good afternoon, I'm very late today. The rain is bouncing off the pavements in South Notts.
Just a quiet day - I was hoping to go out but I'm not venturing anywhere further than the dustbin or I'll get soaked.
Oh gillybob I feel for you and you most definitely are not spoiling this thread - this is what it's there for.
I think it's great that in this little on-line community you can get virtual support and I'm sure I speak for many when I say that we all wish we could do so much more.
Best wishes to anyone who's struggling with whatever life is throwing at them.

Rufus2 Thu 14-Nov-19 12:55:41

losing my marbles as my INR is next Thursday
Ellan; Good evening and all GNetters. Our weather here is actually getting a feel of Spring' but unfortunately, further North they are getting more than a touch of Summer! sad
Ask your GP about that alternative INR medication I mentioned recently. Two tablets daily, no more blood tests, no more forgetting to check your calendar!
Good Luck! OoRoo

Callistemon Thu 14-Nov-19 13:01:05

This weather is dreadful, it has been pouring for hours; we had to go out on an errand this morning and i was thinking of all those who have been flooded and wishing we could send all this rain to Australia where they are in such dire need.

gillybob you're not ruining the thread, everyone is thinking of you and wanting to know how things are with you and your DH. I'm so sorry there doesn't seem to be any improvement, just holding you in my thoughts and sending positive best wishes your way flowers

J52 Thu 14-Nov-19 13:01:33

Just read your post Gilly, so sorry to hear that your plight continues. Sending the very best wishes and hope for improvement.
There’s lots of people on here sending positive vibes for Mr Gilly. Keep posting you’re not alone ?

Callistemon Thu 14-Nov-19 13:02:18

X post Rufus, I was thinking of all those Down Under too, glad you are not near the fires.

mumofmadboys Thu 14-Nov-19 13:04:06

Love and prayers for you and yours Gillyx

dragonfly46 Thu 14-Nov-19 15:43:25

Thank you for posting Gilly - what Maw said, we are all so concerned for you.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted the pic Marydoll and left you to your illusions!!

Nannylovesshopping Thu 14-Nov-19 15:47:33

Dear Gilly keep keeping on, take care of you when you can.

nanaK54 Thu 14-Nov-19 15:53:18

gillybob sending kindest thoughts to you and your family flowers

Ginny42 Thu 14-Nov-19 15:58:43

Dear Gilly I came on specially to see if you'd left a message. Sorry you're still suffering, but we know you'd be just as concerned if it was one of us in your shoes now. You are incredibly brave and as you see, you are in our thoughts every day. xx

Marydoll Thu 14-Nov-19 16:23:35

Dragonfly, you were even nicer than I imagined!!!! grin