Gransnet forums

Chat

Oh my poor little boobie!!!!

(95 Posts)
Gonegirl Sat 16-Nov-19 11:17:31

Was just getting out of the bath, reached over to grab my towel of the rail. and both feet slipped out from under me. I went down flat on my front, full length, boob crushed on the flat corner bit of the bath, and hip crushed against somewhere else.

Not got a rapidly expanding bruise on said boob, and a bleeding cut on hip. Otherwise unharmed apart from shakiness.

Son was in house so had to come and drag me upright in all my nekked glory. shock

Poor son.

Curlywhirly Sat 16-Nov-19 17:02:09

Oh, Gonegirl, you are going to be very sore tomorrow! Just glad that you weren't on your own; hope your son wasn't too traumatised! And, next time place your towel within easy reach ???

Gonegirl Sat 16-Nov-19 17:06:52

Yes, I am definitely going to do that curlywurly.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 16-Nov-19 17:09:35

Oh dear, gone hope you heal soon. I dread falling in the bathroom which is just one reason why I never lock the door, let alone close it as I live alone and would have to phone for help if it was serious.
It shakes you up so take it easy, lots of tea and sympathy.

crazyH Sat 16-Nov-19 17:14:11

Hope you feel better soon - probably shocked as well ( a bigger shock for your son, I'd say ??).

Cherrytree59 Sat 16-Nov-19 17:21:11

Oh heck Gonegirl pain and a blushblush.

My grandmother would have a kaolin poultice made and applied to your poor boobie in a jiffy.
And iodine apply liberally dabbed your hip.

Hope you had a nice cup of sweet tea and or a nip of brandy or bothbrew.

lemongrove Sat 16-Nov-19 17:30:45

Get well soon Gonegirl sounds like a painful experience.
Hope DS recovers soon too.?

Gonegirl Sat 16-Nov-19 17:32:15

Why is my son getting as much sympathy as me? grin

Maggiemaybe Sat 16-Nov-19 17:33:20

Oh, ouch, Gonegirl, that sounds nasty, hope you and son are getting over the trauma now. I would have been recommending arnica cream for your bruises, but I think you have to use it straightaway and I’m late to the party as usual.

Take it easy.

sodapop Sat 16-Nov-19 20:04:17

Because psychological trauma is just as difficult as physical injury gonegirl ?

Fennel Sat 16-Nov-19 20:08:10

I sympathise. The last time I had a bath, Feb 2018, I passed out after I'd managed to get out.
Similar wounds.

Hetty58 Sat 16-Nov-19 20:14:52

Prioritise a big non-slip mat (in the bath) and a hook or rail closer to where you need it. Might it be time to install a grab rail too? Better safe than sorry. How embarrassing for you and your son! You were lucky not to break anything.

Doodle Sat 16-Nov-19 20:46:22

Is the other one jealous as it isn’t getting as much attention as the nicely tinted mauve one? Perhaps, in the spirit of equality you should start another thread about the other boob

Seriously though, hope you are ok and your son makes a speedy recovery ?

Treebee Sat 16-Nov-19 21:07:57

Poor you. I hope you’re OK now.

Auntieflo Sun 17-Nov-19 09:06:10

Just caught up with this Gonegirl, and, oh how I sympathise.
I had a fall at the end of September, and apart from a huge lump on my head, bruised face, cracked ribs etc, I landed on my boob that had been operated on for cancer, just a year ago.
I was so sore, and couldn't wear a bra, and have only just recently found that almost all the discomfort has gone.
I hope you are getting better now.
By the way, I find that an old fashioned flannel in the bath, is good for non slip.

BusterTank Sun 17-Nov-19 09:32:47

I hope you recover soon from your fall . Take it easy and rest and put a bag of peas on your boob . I'm afraid it may take a bit longer to get over the embarrassment of your son seeing you in your birthday suit . Poor you .

Paperbackwriter Sun 17-Nov-19 09:33:39

Arnica cream is great for the bruising. Sounds a horrible fall - hope you feel better very soon.

Luckygirl Sun 17-Nov-19 09:36:47

Poor wee boobie! Hope it mends quickly.

Callistemon Sun 17-Nov-19 09:45:14

Gonegirl and EllanVannin
I always use one of those non-slip mats now, I think a towel could get rucked up and I'd catch my foot and go flying.

Purplepoppies Sun 17-Nov-19 09:51:09

That sounds awful for you. I wish you a speedy recovery GoneGirl.
Please keep an eye on your bruised boobie. It may be worth getting checked out.
I remember waking up on the bathroom floor whilst pregnant. Apparently I had passed out while getting out of the bath. It was scary.....

4allweknow Sun 17-Nov-19 09:57:29

Apart from any physical damage from a fall it's the fright you get that is just awful. Non slip bath mat for you it is! As embarrassing as it would be just as well your son was there to help. Speedy recovery.

Joyfulnanna Sun 17-Nov-19 10:00:22

Ouch!!! That must have stung, everything goes in slow motion when you fall. I recently lost my footing on the stairs, and slid down on my bottom, plenty of padding but still hurt and I just sat there in pain. I then laughed it off to my DH who looked very worried.

ladymuck Sun 17-Nov-19 10:00:55

This is one of those things we all dread. Thank goodness you didn't bang your head.
Hope you make a quick recovery.

EllieB52 Sun 17-Nov-19 10:12:52

Ouch! Poor you. Hope you are recovering but as others have suggested I’d get yourself checked out. I haven’t used a bath for years (except at Premier Inns and they are gradually switching to shower cubicles).

I am ultra careful now because back in 2008 on a damp November evening I was taking the rubbish out and slipped on wet, leaf covered decking. Broke my ankle in three places. Needless to say the decking was history after that!

Hetty58 Sun 17-Nov-19 10:22:31

This brought back memories of passing out in (on?) the loo. I was heavily pregnant with gastric flu at the time. My OH had to kick the door in as it was firmly locked. To add insult to injury (and terrible embarrassment) I had a lump on my head where the door had hit me too!

Cambia Sun 17-Nov-19 10:23:58

Ouch! Did this in a hotel in Canada and had to ring reception for help. Managed to cover up with a towel as poor young lad was sent to rescue me!

Rest and recuperate. Hope you soon feel better x