Gransnet forums

Chat

Oh my poor little boobie!!!!

(95 Posts)
Gonegirl Sat 16-Nov-19 11:17:31

Was just getting out of the bath, reached over to grab my towel of the rail. and both feet slipped out from under me. I went down flat on my front, full length, boob crushed on the flat corner bit of the bath, and hip crushed against somewhere else.

Not got a rapidly expanding bruise on said boob, and a bleeding cut on hip. Otherwise unharmed apart from shakiness.

Son was in house so had to come and drag me upright in all my nekked glory. shock

Poor son.

jocork Sun 17-Nov-19 18:23:21

A friend of mine many years ago had a fall in a shower cubicle in a hotel in France. She broke her hip and had to be rescued by firemen! I gave up using baths many years ago and have a shower at home. I hate having to use a shower inside a bath as getting out can be quite tricky.
The last time I had a bath was in a hotel in Nice. There wasn't a proper shower so I had no choice, but then found myself unable to get out. Fortunately I hadn't locked the door and my DD rescued me! I think my son would be absolutely mortified if he had to come to my aid!

moggie57 Sun 17-Nov-19 19:20:00

less speed .more hand rails and have a towel handy nearby...whose face was more red yours or his?

Callistemon Sun 17-Nov-19 19:51:18

mooMoo I don't know how you did that, looking after your granddaughter with a dislocated shoulder, I can feel your pain!
The pain is agonising.

Callistemon Sun 17-Nov-19 19:53:46

I have some non-slip swim shoes for the beach, they were very useful when I went into hospital and didn't want to step into the shower cubicle hmm

Callistemon Sun 17-Nov-19 19:55:00

SueDonim grin

crimpedhalo Sun 17-Nov-19 21:11:04

This happened to me too, but fractured my knee. My son came to the rescue (baptism of fire lol). This was 18 months ago.

FranT Mon 18-Nov-19 13:02:09

Since my husband died, I hate living on my own, as falling or injuring myself, and no one being here is one of my fears! Good job your Son happened to be there, and you're relatively unscathed, hope you're soon recovered, take care, a good stiff drink to help with the shock maybe?

Smileless2012 Mon 18-Nov-19 13:07:03

Just wondered how you're feeling today Gonegirl, hope you're OK.

Gonegirl Mon 18-Nov-19 13:32:24

Bruise has come out today. Got a purple boobie.

bikergran Mon 18-Nov-19 16:59:22

well after reading all this "Baths" sound to be a very dangerous piece of equipment , don't you think!

We had to have ours taken out and made into a wet room for late DH. but now I do wonder about putting a bath back in but after reading this and considering I am getting older, I think I may leave it as a walk in wet room.

I know it can devalue your property not having a bath, but my house is only small two bed so not a family house.

Do be careful all and think of fitting grab rails as OP have mentioned.

Fennel Mon 18-Nov-19 17:56:20

Gonegirl - I expect you're worried about the bruising etc. In my experience of several falls it clears up eventually.
But it might be worthwhile going to your GP, for more advice etc.
If you can get an appt. hmm.

Evie64 Mon 18-Nov-19 19:21:44

Gonegirl, purple boobie? Sounds like you could earn some money by displaying it at The Tate Modern! Has to be better than a pile of bricks or a cow in formaldehyde! grin

Gonegirl Mon 18-Nov-19 19:25:56

I'm not worried about it Fennel. I just bruise very easily. It'll go.

Evie64 No way am I standing around in Tate Modern with my titties out. shock

Daisyboots Mon 18-Nov-19 20:33:50

Gonegirl I do hope the pain is easing and you don't feel so shaken up now. I have a total fear of falling now especially after falling twice while having chemo and now have a fracture in my spine. Take care

Gonegirl Mon 18-Nov-19 20:46:19

Thank you Daisyboots.

hollysteers Tue 19-Nov-19 06:24:46

Sending belated sympathy! Boobs are so sensitive.
A few years ago a wild wind banged my car door against my right boobie (I live at the seaside) and the pain was intense.
After two lumpectomies for cancer however, I’m just glad to still have them...

hollysteers Tue 19-Nov-19 06:29:35

Taking the phone into the bathroom is an excellent idea, my plan from now on (and the modesty wrap!) ?

maddyone Tue 19-Nov-19 10:34:54

Hope you’re feeling better now Gonegirl and the fall hasn’t knocked your feisty sense of fun out of you.

Carillion01 Tue 19-Nov-19 14:33:03

Hello today Gone, good to read the bruise has started to come out, that should mean the pain and discomfort is not as excruciating?
I used to have some cracking bruises as a hockey player many moons ago, I was of course a genteel player ... only red carded three times ?.
Get fighting fit again soon! Xxxx