Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Wed 20-Nov-19 06:15:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry at the moment here in Brackley.
Quiet day for me pick up prescriptions , then browse in local bookshop , according to there Facebook page they have copy's of Lenny Henrys new book, which are signed.
He had been at the Royal & Derngate in Northampton and they took copies to sell after he had signed then some would be kept back for the shop in Brackley as well.
Mick

vena11 Wed 20-Nov-19 08:46:51

Good morning everyone from a dry Bristol.
Just some housework this morning and hopefully a nice walk before school pickup this afternoon if it stays dry.
I hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Brunette10 Wed 20-Nov-19 08:47:44

Phew! - good Morning from a sunny Fife, no frost today apart from my face wink. Had a big rush as I slept later than I should have as I was going to DD to let her and DGS1 go to the dentist. I also had to collect parcel form a store for DD on my way to her house. Didn't really have time to post today but just got a phone call to say that DS1 is choked full of cold so not going to nursery this pm then DD had just received phone call from dentist to say she was off sick so appointment had been changed - whew! - all my rushing in vain. Can sit down and do what I normally do first thing in morning. Sorry to moan, it's not really a moan just a description of what it's been like since I got up this morning. I have not had time to read posts properly yet - I will do later I promise. For those with troubles and worries keep strong. Enjoy your day everyone.

Kalu Wed 20-Nov-19 08:47:54

Thanks for letting me know about Celinos Marydoll, now on today’s agenda. A deli is one shop I never leave empty handed. Not having a sweet tooth, a deli is like a sweetie shop to me?

MawB Wed 20-Nov-19 08:51:03

Good morning all from sunny N Bucks where the Autumn colours from my window are stunning.
Felt grim yesterday and hunkered down its despite a disturbed night have surfaced feeling this might be just a bad cold after all - not laryngitis/flu/plague/consumption -all of which I was considering.
Of course what has “cured” me is that I managed to get a Dr’s appointment for tomorrow morning. It usually works.
Marydoll you are barking to tackle Argyll Street in this cold, and with a man in tow- but take care and enjoy!
kittylester it sounds as if mr Lester treats his beepers like an unwelcome back seat passenger (like a wife or MIL) who fusses as “he knows what he is doing” Do your beepers add “I told you so!” on impact?
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Urmstongran Wed 20-Nov-19 08:55:02

Do your beepers add “I told you so!” on impact? that made me laugh!

Glad you’re feeling a tad better this morning Maw

aggie Wed 20-Nov-19 08:57:16

Good Morning all, it is blowing a hooly out there , and raining
I have Club this morning and our talk is by a Downs lady who is a great country and western fan , so she is talking us through her latest outing , with a slide show , she is a great character
Marydoll I hope OH slows down for you !
Hoping for further good news from Gilly xxx

Anniebach Wed 20-Nov-19 09:15:14

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gillybob Wed 20-Nov-19 09:16:59

Good morning from the North East coast where it is at least dry . Very cold though.

Not a lot of change from yesterday really . They have changed all the various lines (Incase they themselves are a source of more infection) . The nurses are joking that I should pop a set of blue scrubs on when I come in as they are letting me do more and more for my DH . It makes me feel like I am doing something “for him” and makes me feel needed. I am a bit of an expert at bed changing and moving positions. I know where to look for all pressure points and rub the cream in myself (probably use far too much ). I am now washing him and even gave him a shave the other day (In all our years together I have never known him to be unshaven) . I know all the readings on the monitors and which line is giving which reading. I know which line to jiggle when the machines alarm .

Always wanted a caring career. Might’ve missed by true vocation. smile

I hope everyone has the best day possible. Wishing those who are feeling sad or poorly lots of much needed sunshine

With love and thanks for all of your lovely messages, prayers and good wishes.

Gillybob xx

Brunette10 Wed 20-Nov-19 09:29:13

Gilly - you sound so much more positive today and I'm very pleased about that. Yes no doubt you know what to do to help your DH and to be feel wanted is a good thing. Hope everything goes in the right direction.

oldgaijin Wed 20-Nov-19 09:37:50

Good morning from a cloudy, damp Aberdeenshire...at least it's not frosty or peeing rain.

What a night of weird dreams...Richard III came to install a new washing machine, but it wouldn't fit the space. He's been dead for six hundred years and my washing machine works perfectly!

No walk for the mutt yesterday as I felt rotten and spent the day in bed so shall give him a bit extra today. Shall also give ceramics class a miss tonight and watch the Apprentice numties do their stuff...they are sooooo full of themselves!

Have a good day, or a better day to all those with troubles to bear.

dragonfly46 Wed 20-Nov-19 09:38:33

Gilly feeling useful is such a help and when Mr Gillybob completely comes round he will be looking smart! So pleased things are going in the right direction.

harrigran Wed 20-Nov-19 09:50:00

Late good morning from the NE, the sun is shining.
I was up during the night with tummy ache, in my case not as simple as just going to the toilet so I was cold and wide awake before I got back to bed.
While you are in Brussels mumof can you just pop round and see if DD is okay ? She had a really bad tummy bug at weekend and she was on her own as DH was back in the UK.
Love to Gilly, doing well as a nurse by the sounds of it.

Rufus2 Wed 20-Nov-19 09:54:48

from a wet Glasgow, it's 4 degrees, but feels colder
Marydoll: Is that F or C?. hmm
Good Evening and pity us! grin It was 35C today, minimum of 25C forecast for tonight to be followed by 40C tomorrow!
Probably feel hotter after tonight! Thought it might warm you up just thinking about us! OoRoo

Nannylovesshopping Wed 20-Nov-19 09:55:33

Gilly how lovely that you can help with the care of your husband, he will know it’s you I’m sure.

Lisagran Wed 20-Nov-19 10:21:06

Well NurseGillybob that sounds much more positive! Seems like real progress being made. I expect you feel better for keeping busy - but hope you are eating well and resting. Xx

Auntieflo Wed 20-Nov-19 10:21:52

Morning Michael, Annie and all who follow.
Last night, when I went to the freezer for something, the door hadn't been closed properly and it was all frosted up! #!!?
I had only defrosted the darn thing recently.
Anyway, I shut the door, properly, and have had to tackle it this morning. Luckily it hasn't take too long to defrost. Now all I have to do, is wipe it down, and put all the stuff back in again.
My trip to a nearby town, that I keep promising myself, keeps getting delayed. Perhaps I am being told something?
Gilly, it's good to hear you sounding a bit more upbeat. Also it's nice to be able to do something for your DH.
How did the shaving go?
Well, back to the freezer.❄️❄️❄️
Have a good day one and all.

EllanVannin Wed 20-Nov-19 10:34:23

Good Morning All x.
Bright and breezy but it doesn't feel as cold as that wind was yesterday. I can't battle against the wind as I used to do, my legs won't let me------falling to bits.

Some ironing to do and clean the bathroom, not much else.
Haven't decided what to do for dinner yet but I'll think of something.

Haven't seen D for nearly 2 weeks, good job I don't rely on her. I hope I never will as her job is more important to her.

Hoping the Gillybobs are getting along alright xx There is a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just that it's a long tunnel and will take time to get there.

Keep warm everyone, I won't say " wrap up " as it doesn't sound right,hahahaha.

PS, I've actually cleaned the bathroom.

conor Wed 20-Nov-19 10:46:54

Oh so pleased Gillybobs and hopefully thatsunshineis just around the corner!
As for career change, my daughter changed career into nursing after helping to look after my DH during his illness and has never looked back.
Funny how life moves in a different direction when you are least expecting it. Xxxx

Mapleleaf Wed 20-Nov-19 11:09:10

Good morning everyone,

It's slightly warmer this morning (not much) and the frost has melted away as it has become a bit breezier and brighter.

Lovely to hear from you again, gillybob - things certainly look to be gradually improving, which is so good to hear. I hope that you are managing to get a little more rest yourself between being at your DH's side. ?

I need to pop out to collect a prescription and might venture into town to pick up a parcel, although I might leave that until the weekend as I've got to go into town then anyway.

Enjoy your shopping trip with your DH Marydoll, but don't overdo things and have plenty of tea breaks! ?

I love Bruges, mumofmadboys and wish I was there with you. It has a lovely atmosphere at this time of year.
I hope you have a great time.

Enjoy the day, and to anyone feeling ill, worried or sad, I hope today is a little brighter for you.

Urmstongran Wed 20-Nov-19 11:18:31

You sound a bit put out about your daughter there EV has it always been so? In mitigation she probably has a lot on her plate with a depressed daughter and schooling challenges for her grandchildren. Even though you are helping too, she probably regards you as a ‘coper’. Especially now.

All the same, I feel for you. You’re probably feeling a bit neglected in the big sea of things.
?

Megs36 Wed 20-Nov-19 14:30:30

Rufus, hope you are not near all the fires, grandson in Sydney said they have been warned about falling embers..

Marydoll Wed 20-Nov-19 16:30:59

Rufus The temperature at the moment in Glasgow is 7°Centigrade
I hope that clarifies things for you. wink

EllanVannin Wed 20-Nov-19 17:33:38

You've said it Urmstongran. Although she's good in lots of ways, she's never reliable and if you wanted something doing---do it yourself has always been my motto.
She was supposed to have popped in today to pick up the b/day card and there's no sign of her. I've lost count of the number of times I've sat and waited. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

Rufus2 Thu 21-Nov-19 10:49:55

Megs; Many thanks for your concern, but fortunately we are well south of the serious fires which have been rampant throughout parched NSW and Queensland. Even so, VIC has been on "Code Red" alert (the highest) all day today with 40C, although a sudden change dropped it to 20C in 30 minutes this evening! Crazy!
The problem with burning embers of course is that the usual strong winds carry them kilometres ahead of the fire front to start fresh outbreaks.
Fortunately there have been few, if any, reports of loss of human life,, but I'm deeply saddened to read of losses of livestock as well as native animals. Grass fires can travel at frightening speeds given the inevitable firestorm winds and stock confined in paddocks has no chance.
But I guess that has always been so over the years and will continue that way. sad OoRoo