Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Sat 23-Nov-19 06:11:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, wet and windy here in Brackley this morning.
Today, will be visits to Bicester and Buckingham on the bus , with a possible flea market in Buckingham to browse.
Key aim today is to start getting Xmas presents in gift card form.
Mick

EllaKeat Sat 23-Nov-19 14:52:35

Checking in late today, looking for Gillys update - onwards and upwards?

Wet and wild here today, just walked dogs on beach to avoid mud, and hunkering down for the rest of the day now.

Hope everyone is keeping warm and dry

Mapleleaf Sat 23-Nov-19 14:50:11

? Resurgam123.

Mapleleaf Sat 23-Nov-19 14:46:34

Good afternoon.

It's a grey, dismal day today, and I've been out to the hairdresser and to do a bit of shopping, but back home now and no plans to venture outdoors any more today. The lamps are on as it's so dismal otherwise.

Good to hear from you gilly and I'm so pleased that things are looking more positive. As you say, it's going to be a long haul, but here's hoping and praying that each day brings more strength to your DH and to you. ?

Welcome, Sillygrandma. I hope you enjoyed the wreath making.
Welcome back, Como2020.

I'm going to try and gave 40 winks now, as I didn't have a good night and feel quite weary.

Hope the rest of the day is good for everyone.

Urmstongran Sat 23-Nov-19 12:50:47

You are a very kind friend Ginny42 with a good heart.

Ginny42 Sat 23-Nov-19 12:04:32

It's morning still - just! Sorry, I've been busy with other people's problems. Wanted to say hello to everyone and so pleased to read Gilly's good news.

Whatever you may be up to - have a great day all. I'm hoping my 'normal service' will be resumed very soon. xx

cornergran Sat 23-Nov-19 10:55:22

I'm so pleased you will have a 'normal' day very soon gilly, a hug and love on this very wet Saturday.

Grammaretto Sat 23-Nov-19 10:15:09

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It is getting a bit brighter. Not raining . I pick flowers each week for our community cafe and I was struggling today. There are berries and plenty of greenery. It marks the seasons.

It is wonderful to hear that Gilly is doing some normal things again. It will be a long time recovering for you all.

Welcome *Sillygrandma"! I would enjoy the wreath-making too.
I was at Edgbaston High for a while NanKate . Small world. It was only one of my 9 schools but the girls were very nice.

I have been spending wasting a lot of time on DiL's fascinating family history. I could either do more of that or get the house ready for the next influx of visitors. Hmm. What a choice wink

EllanVannin Sat 23-Nov-19 10:12:23

Good Morning All x
A heavy dull sky and I have the light on still, but, it is November. This is the time of the year where mid-December is here before we know it and once upon a time I'd have been well ahead of myself.

It's taken me over half an hour reading the posts and watching a bit of news in between. I must be the only one staying put today, though I don't need anything and am waiting for more parcels as well so I don't mind.

My shopping consists of a sudden blitz, armed with a list as long as your arm and job done. Written in advance of course----toys and food. Cards will be bought next week and hopefully written and out of the way as they're things that linger if you don't get cracking on them.

I've just remembered, I do have to go out as I've got a card to post to Oz, my SiL will be 60 next weekend and it has to be weighed at the post office. Can't believe he's 60. It's their Ruby anniversary next year !

It's so good to hear that Mr Gillybob is on the right track though the odd blips are to be expected as he gets frustrated but it's a good sign all the same. Thoughts continue in your direction Gillybob xx.

Anyone else too who's not feeling too clever just take things easy. Enjoy the day whatever you do.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 23-Nov-19 09:59:49

Been away for a week doing more visiting and had some nice days out but oh the rain! home and today is samp and overcast but at least not a monsoon. It is lovely to go away and see the special people in my life but I sleep best in my own bed. Washing is on and a day of catch up on emails, GN and TV. Off to fill the fridge.
Just the best thing to hear of mrgillybob’s improvement. Gillybob you are a marvel.

loopylou Sat 23-Nov-19 09:56:17

Good morning to you all from wet Wiltshire- we live on a hill and have very well-drained soil but even the lawn's squelching.
I have little planned for today, have sorted out my wardrobe shelves and tidied up all my crafts stuf (can't you tell I'm restless?)
I need to get on and finish knitting a pair of socks, cook something for lunch and really buckle down to writing a Christmas and birthday presents/cards list but I don't feel in the slightest bit enthusiastic ?
Oh dear Resurgam123 that does sound miserable, I do hope that things improve quickly x

Annapops Sat 23-Nov-19 09:54:19

Oh, it's so wet and miserable here in County Durham this morning. I'm so pleased we managed to do our 7 mile walk around part of Wensleydale earlier in the week now. We visited Jervaulx Abbey and wandered through some pretty little villages too. Lovely riverside paths strewn with Autumn leaves made for some stunning photography.

Although today should really be a housework day, my feet are still itching to be out and about. I'll have a good think and see if any indoor Christmas Fairs are on nearby.

Love the idea of a wreath making class. Three years ago I began making my own wreaths with collected holly and ivy, but basically just do my own thing using a wire ring and florist wire to hold the materials. I make 7 for family and the cemetery graves. It's quite a task but well worth it.

Has anyone else started gift wrapping? I'm well ahead of myself this year and have only a small amount to complete. Something else to add to my list today.

I'm so pleased your DH is making signs of recovery at last Gilly. Getting him home for Christmas would be your best gift ever.

Hoping today is kind to everyone. X

GrandmasueUK Sat 23-Nov-19 09:49:01

Good morning Mick and all. I usually only get chance to come onto Gransnet early afternoon, which seems a bit pointless to join in with the morning chorus.

It's a grey, windy day here in Manchester/Cheshire border. I'm also late to the party of ex-teachers and yet another WASPI.

I pop in every day to read the thread and see if there is any news from gillybob and thank goodness there does seem to be a slight improvement. I enjoy the daily musings of other people as well. I haven't particularly found folk on here to be cliquey, just friendly and interested in others.

Might have to venture forth to do some shopping in Aldi later, but that's as far as my plans go at the moment. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to today and wishing everyone a peaceful and healthy weekend!

Resurgam123 Sat 23-Nov-19 09:38:10

Good Morning All
I have not been about much lately. Not getting a good night sleep and feeling rough. All down to having a cyst on my back which is taking its time to heal.

That is "TMI" stuff "
I am thoughly miserable.
Getting old is not good. I mentioned to my GP that getting old is a "B****r" and she agreed.
Sorry but I am feeling miserable today. Not even and any sun and I cannot do my gardening . Until that has cleared up

Urmstongran Sat 23-Nov-19 09:38:09

It does sound promising gillybob I think you’ve turned a corner together.
❤️?

moggie Sat 23-Nov-19 09:36:51

Good morning Mick, New & returning posters & all from wet & grey Nottingham. Cooking for freezer today & ironing.
Thoughts are with Gillybob & DH for more signs of improvement today.
Kittylester same thing happened to me last winter, long wait for tablets, went home from hospital & got them the next day.
Hope all not well, struggling or have worries have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

aggie Sat 23-Nov-19 09:35:39

Good Morning all , nice milky blue sky here and the wind seems to have died down
I woke with a very painful thumb this morning , too much crochet ? and I have a blanket to finish ! I haven’t managed to dress yet , but working on it
Great to hear more positive news Gillybob , onwards and upwards xxx

Bathsheba Sat 23-Nov-19 09:30:16

Good news again Gilly, you must be so pleased that he is holding his own without the ventilator. Slow but steady progress. You couldn't wish for more than that really, could you? And I'm sure he knows you're there, even if he can't quite work out yet why he is. Everything is going in the right direction at last xxx

gillybob Sat 23-Nov-19 09:21:30

Good morning from a very wet and windy NE coast.

Well DH managed to hold his own without the ventilator all Thursday night and all day yesterday. They have now reduced the oxygen which he is getting via a small mask that fits over the tracheostomy tube. Unfortunately he had to be sedated during the night as they tell me he was very restless. No day or night for patients in ICU as there are no windows and the lights are almost permanently blaring . He was much more aware of his surroundings yesterday but seemed very confused and frightened. His eyes look massive (probably more due to the weight loss than anything) and he has a permanently startled/terrified expression on his face which is quite upsetting. All I did yesterday was repeat my name , tell him he has been very poorly , where he is and that he is safe ....over and over and over ...... He is able to make sounds but no real words as such . Just hope some of it is getting through.
A long road ahead for sure.

Welcome to all the newbies that are posting on this wonderful Good morning thread . Where would I be without it ?

Hope your DD is feeling much better today Kitty so worrying . Your little Wolfie is a bit younger than Evie (18 months) isn’t he ? I am looking after her on Tuesday all day for the first time in weeks and can’t wait . Just feel awful that I will not being able to go to the hospital until later on.

Just finishing my cuppa then off again. Hope everyone has the best Saturday possible and those who feel poorly or under the weather feel better soon.

Love to all, from Gillybob x

Kalu Sat 23-Nov-19 09:19:47

A very quick visit from a dreich Glasgow but as the decorators finished yesterday, I am looking forward to having our home back no matter the weather.

Very good news gilly, onwards and upwards a day at a time. Hoping you can relax a bit now and take care of your needs too.

Hope the day is kind to all.

Harris27 Sat 23-Nov-19 09:10:48

Good morning from a dismal north east. All done with the working week but now have the shopping to do and the tumbling of the weekly wash ! No rest for the wicked! Have a lovely day all love reading your posts.

conor Sat 23-Nov-19 09:10:35

Good Morning from Nice where it is raining tsunami style☔!!!
On a weekend break with my daughter but may not see much more than the inside of a French restaurant with a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau! ?
Hoping everyone has a good weekend raining or not and more good news from Gillybobs which will add somesunshinexxx

Lins1066 Sat 23-Nov-19 09:06:12

Good Morning from a wet S Welsh coast.
Welcome * Sillygrandma* and welcome back Como2020
Heartening to hear some more positive news from gilly, hope this continues.
Have a pleasant day all.

Susan56 Sat 23-Nov-19 09:02:01

Good morning from rainy Shropshire.
Another quiet day planned today.
Welcome Sillygrandma and welcome back como ??
What a worrying time you had kitty,glad your DD is home.A restful day is needed for you today.
Have a good day everyone.
Hope gilly has had another good day with more improvement for her husband.Sending love.x

MawB Sat 23-Nov-19 09:01:18

Kittylester I had missed about your daughter. I hope naught was amiss and that she is home and feeling much better flowers Granny blue lights to the rescue again!

MawB Sat 23-Nov-19 08:59:08

Good morning all -another wet one I fear.
I have no plans for today having enjoyed seeing DDs 2 and 3 yesterday plus little Flynn and Otis who is wriggling commando- style everywhere. He is also discovering the fun of finger food (baby led weaning) and particularly likes shredded steamed chicken and pasta spirals. Hattie said he can come anytime as she hoovered up the debris from under the high chair! I didn’t envy them the long drive back to Walthamstow on a wet Friday afternoon and was very relieved to hear they had got home safely. We never stop worrying do we? They were very moved by Paw’s stone.
So today - bit of reading? Bit of TV? Pick up order from M&S and keep dry. I wish you all a pleasant day wherever you are.