Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Wed 27-Nov-19 06:14:20

Good Morning Everyone,
I yet again wake up to dark sky and wet conditions here in Brackley this morning.
Today , brief trip into Brackley to check at a branded opticians to see if they do gift cards, a call into WHS and buy some Xmas stamps, then maybe browse at some DVDs before bus home ,and a quiet day in.
Mick

vena11 Wed 27-Nov-19 09:38:33

A late Good Morning from a wet miserable Bristol.
I over slept and slept like a baby all night the first time for about 2 weeks, really needed it.
I got most of my Christmas shopping done yesterday just one parcel now to collect from Marks and I am done (I think ) thank goodness.
Some house work today and then school pick up and give them their tea before mum comes home and takes them to gym and football training, they never seem to stop.
I hope everyone has a good day and hopefully nice news from Gillybob

Nannylovesshopping Wed 27-Nov-19 09:51:03

Gillybob so glad you had a lovely day with little Evie, she’s obviously going to be a shoes girl ????and possibly ???as well! Your dear husband also making improvements, yay!

NannyJan53 Wed 27-Nov-19 10:12:10

Such a relief gilly that you are happier and that DH is responding well, and that you had a good day with little Evie. Long may it continue

Marydoll Wed 27-Nov-19 10:20:24

It's so uplifting to hear more positive news from Gilly.

NanKate Wed 27-Nov-19 10:38:37

You’ve made my day Gilly ?

Mapleleaf Wed 27-Nov-19 10:48:42

gilly it sounds as if you had a lovely day with Evie. Also, good news about your husband. My guess is he did recognise Evie if he was stroking her photo. Sending my best wishes and prayers to you. ??

GrannyGravy13 Wed 27-Nov-19 11:04:41

gillybob so pleased that you had a lovely day with Evie.

Your dear husband is hopefully on the road to recovery, from experience (BIL) it can be a long and winding road.
Remember to take care of you flowers

GrandmasueUK Wed 27-Nov-19 11:35:07

Good morning all from an overcast miserable Greater Manchester. I have been up for quite a while, but tend to get working on the computer for a while. So I'm late on here again!

So pleased to hear Gilly's better news. Her day with Evie seems to have lifted her spirits a little as well.

I love reading about what other people are getting up to each day. New York, Spain, shopping and pub lunches all sound wonderful.

Five former colleagues and I try to get together quite regularly for lunch, but it's proving to be really difficult in December, considering we are all retired but with childcare, days away and other duties! We've been trying for two days now.

Hoping everyone has a lovely Wednesday erm... afternoon and evening!

whywhywhy Wed 27-Nov-19 11:38:17

Good morning from a dull grey and damp Market Harborough area.

Sending love and hug to Gillybob.

Not doing much today, fighting depression and it seems to be winning.

Love to everyone. x

vena11 Wed 27-Nov-19 12:09:26

flowers whywhywhy

Gelisajams Wed 27-Nov-19 12:37:28

Thrilled to read things things look so much more positive for Mr And Mrs Gilly. For weeks the first thing I look at is to see if Gilly has posted!

NfkDumpling Wed 27-Nov-19 13:02:39

Lovely to hear your news Gilly. Onwards and upwards. Hopefully Mr G will soon be able to see little Evie in the flesh which would give him a tremendous boost.

And flowers for Why. This is an awful time of year for depression and dismal weather doesn’t help. The sun nearly broke through here a minute ago, so hopefully it’s come out for you and lifted your spirits a bit.

Mapleleaf Wed 27-Nov-19 14:29:00

? whywhywhy. This weather doesn't help. Hope you are feeling a little better, depression is a horrible thing.

conor Wed 27-Nov-19 14:32:28

Very late to the party today as it is GS1 & 2 day, so school run and walk in the park and splash in the puddles (GS2 not me!) So delighted with Gillybobs news and those burgundy patent shoes will bring a smile to everyone's face. I hope Evie can wait til Thurssmile
Sending good wishes to everyone with worries or troublessunshinexxx