Gransnet forums

Chat

Have you had a giggle today? ?

(33 Posts)
Urmstongran Sat 30-Nov-19 16:11:02

We are sat in the sun on our little balcony. I fancied a glass of wine (some chilled white Rioja in the fridge kept calling me). Husband reading his Kindle, I’ve got my iPad.

So I selected iTunes and pressed ‘play’ ... ‘it’s 5 o’clock somewhere’ (it is here!) ??

He laughed, took the hint and poured us both a glass of wine!
?

Callistemon Sat 30-Nov-19 16:13:47

I was feeling OK until I read ^ in the sun on our little balcony^

It's only 4.10 here, nearly dark and chilly.

Callistemon Sat 30-Nov-19 16:14:16

Cheers, I have a brew

Pantglas2 Sat 30-Nov-19 16:18:30

U minx Urmstongran- you know I’m back in Wales where it’s clear and cold! bit like your wine really! Never mind, I’m off to a friend’s for a curry later - a glug and a giggle guaranteed!grin wine

Urmstongran Sat 30-Nov-19 16:24:37

Excellent Pantglas

Sorry Callistemon was just setting the scene!
?

Enjoy your hot tea on a cold day there! Whereas ... (no stop it Ug)

hazel93 Sat 30-Nov-19 16:53:17

More than a giggle !
Opened patio doors earlier to let our two cats out . Instantly fur up and running to the bottom of the garden, seconds later I heard yelping , opened doors to find out what was going on to be nearly bowled over by one very scared Labrador !!
Allowed him to use the front door to escape !

Urmstongran Sat 30-Nov-19 17:07:14

Wonderful hazel! Sounds like a scene from a Marx brothers movie!

Gaunt47 Sat 30-Nov-19 17:58:11

Just a giggle? I've been laughing since 11 am. The wonderful little town I live in held its getting ready for Christmas festival today. Just an unassuming, not about the money celebration.
Despite the weather, everybody out on the streets, meeting friends to chat and laugh. I was helping with teas and coffees, so many people I know came in to say hello and have a laugh. A parade of accordions and drums are just going by playing 'jingle bells', children in fancy dress. Now I must go and put warm clothing on to watch the tree lights being switched on. And probably laugh some more!

Auntieflo Sat 30-Nov-19 20:43:13

Just had a giggle,
DH said he had enjoyed the Snapchat chicken, that we had had for supper!

(He still can't remember Spatchcock)

Urmstongran Sat 30-Nov-19 21:11:43

Like these!
?

Any more folks?

Bathsheba Sat 30-Nov-19 21:22:20

AuntieFlo grin

Washerwoman Sat 30-Nov-19 21:25:33

Lots of giggles here.DHs birthday and had a meal out with family.Our adorable little grandson is very smiley .And our DD is staying overnight with her new little rescue dog ,who is a real character and gets on brilliantly with our dogs. All in all a lovely day.

crazyH Sat 30-Nov-19 21:29:02

Well, I haven't but everyone else at GN has had one at my expense ? I keep forgetting to do the 3rd line in the Versatile Verse ??

BradfordLass72 Sun 01-Dec-19 03:19:23

Today I repainted the tubular frame which sits over my toilet to make it higher. I don't need it really; it was given to me in 2014 when I had my hip operation but some days when my knee is bad, it's useful.

When it first started to flake and rust (2017), I rang the agency for a replacement. They delivered another, which I put over the loo. The old one was in the garage for later pickup.

I sat on this new frame, fully clothed, to test it - and got stuck.
"Oh dear, what can the matter be? Portly old lady stuck on the lavatory...."

It was a good 8" narrower than the old frame but fortunately, after I'd stopped wetting myself laughing, I was able to prise myself out.

The old one went back in place and the new one was taken away.

Hence the need to repaint.

Quizzer Sun 01-Dec-19 10:08:41

A neighbour who is a terrible snob and pendant was showing us a letter she had had printed in a national magazine. She was decrying the poor grammar and punctuation taught in schools these days. We were all delighted to see that she had made a common but unforgivable grammatical error herself in the letter. We were loathe to point it out at the time, but had a great giggle when she left. [Grin]

nipsmum Sun 01-Dec-19 10:45:14

Just said goodbye to my daughter who lives at the other end of the country. She has been visiting for a couple of days. It was lovely the see her.

Ashcombe Sun 01-Dec-19 10:54:47

Our Vicar caused the whole congregation to smile this morning when he announced the imminent visit of our Bishop to next Sunday’s service as he said, as an aside,
“I’d better be on my best behaviour then.”
Since he is a very good humoured chap, often cracking jokes in his sermon, this will not be easy for him!
Perhaps it was meant as a hint to the rest of us, too!

JayPea Sun 01-Dec-19 11:19:42

This morning we are setting up and "playing with" our new Echo Dot (Black Friday bargain). I was marvelling at the capability of having "a little round thing sitting in the corner that knows the answer to everything"...... my DH's only comment was that he had had one of those for years.....

Disneyfan Sun 01-Dec-19 11:32:57

We are away with family at the moment. Ages from 60-6. Last night we were having fun taking pictures with silly ad ons ( one in for example). We laughed until our sides ached. So good for the soul.

Craftycat Sun 01-Dec-19 13:06:09

Oh Yes!! DH lies in bed until I call up that his breakfast is ready. Then I have to call several times before he comes down- drives me nuts as his toast is cold & coffee cooling.
Today he came down to find one of the cats had got there first & removed a whole bacon roll onto floor & eaten all the bacon & half the roll. She was on her way back for the 2nd one when he arrived. He was so miffed & I just rolled up!
Maybe tomorrow he will get up when I call the first time!!
Good on you pusscat!

ayse Sun 01-Dec-19 13:12:39

Well, not today but Michael McIntyre yesterday evening. He is a very funny man.

Sussexborn Sun 01-Dec-19 13:13:23

“When it first started to flake and rust (2017), I rang the agency for a replacement”.

I misread this and genuinely thought you were referring to your own ageing process. That made me giggle!

vena11 Sun 01-Dec-19 14:06:37

This made me giggle, not had a proper laugh today yet but there is the rest of the day to go. Enjoy your wine Urmston gran

Saggi Sun 01-Dec-19 14:47:36

No giggles here I’m afraid. My little granddaughter was on tele .....as a mascot ...at a football match...live ....My husband wouldn’t give up the remote so I could watch it! He wanted to watch some inane daytime tv crapola show called bargain hunt.... he’s a S*

TheMaggiejane1 Sun 01-Dec-19 14:53:23

Today is the last day of an eight day stint of looking after 3 of our grandchildren. These ones are 2, 9 and 14. This morning the 2 year old barged into the bedroom of the 14 year old while he happened to be changing his trousers. The 2 year old was very excited and charged around the 14 year olds bedroom shouting ‘ look you can see she’s pants, you can see she’s pants’ . Poor 14 year old didn’t know whether to laugh or be highly embarrassed. Luckily laughter won out!