Gransnet forums

Chat

Have you had a giggle today? ?

(34 Posts)
Urmstongran Sat 30-Nov-19 16:11:02

We are sat in the sun on our little balcony. I fancied a glass of wine (some chilled white Rioja in the fridge kept calling me). Husband reading his Kindle, I’ve got my iPad.

So I selected iTunes and pressed ‘play’ ... ‘it’s 5 o’clock somewhere’ (it is here!) ??

He laughed, took the hint and poured us both a glass of wine!
?

Nanny41 Sun 01-Dec-19 16:24:47

Thanks Urmstongran,I was wondering what to do next. My glass will be filled in a minute and I will will raise it to you,such a good idea you came up with.

Katyj Sun 01-Dec-19 16:36:32

Saggi That's very mean of him I hope you recorded it, is he usually like this? Can't understand why he wouldn't be interested?

NannyC1 Sun 01-Dec-19 17:59:55

Not a giggle more an ahh moment. Took my toddler GD out and she was given a toasted marshmallow(or mellowmarshall as she calls them) by an zoo assistant. As we walked past another helper she looked at her and Erm tell the lady thank you for my mellowmarshall. Now I m not sure if she was telling me to say thank you or was asking for her thank you to be passed back to the other person. Oh BTW I d had already said thanks.

Lucca Sun 01-Dec-19 18:23:42

Well this gave me a giggle.....you can see it on you tube too.: “After hearing evidence from Green Party MEP Molly Scott Cato on the economic risks of implementing prime minister Boris Johnson‘s post-Brexit trade deal strategy..."............ Brexit Party MEP Richard Rowland questioned her authority on the subject.

Standing in the chamber, he said: “I’d just like to ask Mrs Scott Cato what empirical proof she has that the end of the transition period, when we will be leaving the European Union.............., will result in a cliff-edge – when as far as I’m aware she does not have any degree in economics.
“Maybe she has some business experience that would give some empirical proof that that would be the case?”

He added: “So I was wondering whether you could answer that question of why you’re so certain that the United Kingdom will suffer as a result.”

To Mr Rowland’s instant humiliation, Professor Scott Cato replied: “Obviously you haven’t been paying much attention to my CV because I was and I remain a professor of economics.”

Dancinggran Sun 01-Dec-19 20:34:17

My 7 year old DGD arrived this morning and asked if I was ready for the Orange Service...... it was our Christingle Service at church today.

Evie64 Mon 02-Dec-19 18:48:09

Slight giggle today. I work part time in a primary school. Child came to the desk and said he was feeling sick, so I explained that he would need to return to class and if his teacher deemed him unwell enough, then he would send him back with a note and I'd phone mum. His reply was "Nooooo, I am suffering, really suffering, and he will just make me suffer more"! He looked perfectly well. Needless to say, he wasn't sent home..........

HillyN Mon 02-Dec-19 22:56:28

A group of church folk took an assembly at school today. They were acting out, with the children, the Nativity story. The archangel Gabriel, a lady of mature years, flapped her arms as she 'flew' with her message to the shepherds and her wings fell off. I tried very hard NOT to giggle! The children were more polite, thankfully.

Daisyboots Mon 02-Dec-19 23:21:36

JayPea 36 hours after you posted I have just read it and it made me laugh out loud . I know that if we ever bought one and I said similar to you my DH's answer would be just the same as your husband's reply.