If my house move is going to happen I have a desperate need to declutter as so I am radically downsizing, now that my OH is in a nursing home.
The things that I will have to dispose of are:
- clothes - I have a destination for all these via a friend - it is an organisation for refugees.
- furniture - my suite will not fit, and I will have a table and some chairs to dispose of, a futon, a huge bed etc.
- books ++
- general clutter - hair ornaments, foot things (insoles etc.).
- toys - here for the children when they come, but taking up space - I need to get rid of lots of it - DDs do not want me to send it their way - and who can blame them!.
- kitchen stuff - I do not need it all now I am on my own.
- bedding - quilts from when the children were small, plus linen etc.
I could go on!! I am tempted to just sort it all into a pile and get a house clearance company to come and take it all away. I am not fit enough for too much running around.
I have offers from friends to come and help me go through stuff.
Does anyone who has done this have some imaginative ideas for disposing of all this with the minimum of effort - when I should be getting on with it, I tend to find myself on Gransnet!!
Luckygirl Sun 01-Dec-19 10:24:38
jusnoneed Sun 01-Dec-19 10:55:13
GrandmaMoira Sun 01-Dec-19 11:15:07
GrannyGravy13 Sun 01-Dec-19 11:46:14
Luckygirl Sun 01-Dec-19 11:56:20
Fennel Sun 01-Dec-19 12:00:06
DoraMarr Sun 01-Dec-19 12:04:20
Kalu Sun 01-Dec-19 12:07:20
Teacheranne Sun 01-Dec-19 12:09:33
Septimia Sun 01-Dec-19 13:31:16
janipat Sun 01-Dec-19 13:45:03
Elliepops Sun 01-Dec-19 14:02:00
Stansgran Sun 01-Dec-19 14:24:45
janipat Sun 01-Dec-19 18:00:59