Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Dec-19 06:14:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Off on my festive break to Bournemouth around 1030 ish .
I am hoping when I return Friday afternoon the TV issue is sorted so I can enjoy programmes again, mind think I will be watching TV whilst away as well.
Mick

Urmstongran Mon 02-Dec-19 08:27:56

Good morning everyone from a damp Malaga. It has rained during the night. Sun’s up now though so I’m a happy bunny!

Monday = ladies afternoon + wine
?

We meet in the bar 2 blocks along from me. I don’t have far to wobble home!

I’m not the least bit organised for Christmas either Pantglas it always gets done though doesn’t it? We fly home in 12 days so will rush about, buy cards, write them, post them, buy gifts (we are a very small family) and put up a few decs. Not worth buying a tree this year as we are back out here on NY day!

Looking forward to hearing from Marydoll and hoping to hear more good news from gillybob.

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Alygran Mon 02-Dec-19 08:28:13

Good morning from North Yorkshire. There has been a lovely sunrise over the frosty fields.
Today is my wedding anniversary, the third one without DH so feeling very sad.
Had a lovely weekend in Glasgow with my two DDs. What a fabulous city for shopping and eating and ?. I came home via Edinburgh, hope the grans meeting there today have a wonderful time.
This evening I am going to Richmond for the satellite showing of the LesMis concert. Really looking forward to it. DH was a massive Alfie Boe fan and we have seen the musical several times.
Hope Mary is enjoying NY and all those struggling have some sunshine ☀️ today.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Mon 02-Dec-19 08:37:17

Alygran?. Wishing you sunshine in your day.

Mapleleaf Mon 02-Dec-19 08:41:38

Good morning from a frosty South Yorkshire.
?*Alygran*.

My coffee group this morning and my first Christmas party this evening (don't go to many nowadays) ?

Hope everyone who is out and about has a good time, and that Marydoll is enjoying NY without further mishap!

Thinking of gilly and her DH and hope things continue positively.

Hope today is kind to us all.

MawB Mon 02-Dec-19 08:42:01

Alygran flowers - thinking of you and all the others with sad anniversaries at this time.

Susan56 Mon 02-Dec-19 08:45:26

Good morning from a very frosty Shropshire.
A day at home today catching up with everything after our few days away in Yorkshire.
Alygran?
Thinking of gilly and hoping things are continuing to improve.Sending love,thoughts and prayers.x

Urmstongran Mon 02-Dec-19 08:48:01

Sending you a hug Alygran in your sadness. x

conor Mon 02-Dec-19 08:48:41

Good morning from chilly Essex. Beautiful sunrise so winter does have its bonus. Carpet cleaning man coming this morning so will be marooned in the kitchen and will get my Xmas cards written. Then a small shop and collecting GS1 from school. Hope everyone has a good day and we await next episode from NYC?xxxx

moggie Mon 02-Dec-19 08:49:18

Good morning Mick & all from frosty, bright Nottingham. Ironing & visit library today. Might join DH on bike ride after lunch.
Have a nice break in Bournemouth Mick.
I’m making lasagne today too, one of my favourites Beechnut & Nannyjan.
Thoughts are with Gillybob & her DH.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Rufus2 Mon 02-Dec-19 08:50:47

G'Day Mick and others; Watch out chatting up all those rich widows in their beige cardis.! grin Chatted with our Michelle who lives in B'mouth, on the phone last evening and seemed like they'll need something more substantial' Any chance of receiving a saucy seaside postcard? shock
OoRoo

Anniebach Mon 02-Dec-19 08:53:00

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

moggie Mon 02-Dec-19 08:53:06

Hug & flowers Alygran

NannyJan53 Mon 02-Dec-19 08:59:23

((((hugs))) Alygran flowers

EllaKeat Mon 02-Dec-19 08:59:45

Good morning from a beautiful Durham this morning! Seeing the sunshine really does cheer you up?

Hope Marydoll is keeping herself out of trouble (for once), that thijgs continue to improve for gillybob and that everyone has a safe a lovelystart to the week.
Pictures from my walk this morning

harrigran Mon 02-Dec-19 09:00:16

Good morning from the NE where it is above freezing.
Stay at home day today and get some housework done, must start writing Christmas cards.
We had a noisy afternoon yesterday, a car on a drive developed a fault and the horn was blaring out one long continuous note. Unlike alarms that shut off after a few minutes this continued for four hours until the owner arrived home after dark and had to fiddle around under the bonnet.
Thinking of the gillybobs.

Urmstongran Mon 02-Dec-19 09:24:52

Beautiful view Ella I’d love to walk there too! It must be a joy to live where you do.

Auntieflo Mon 02-Dec-19 09:36:19

Good morning Michael, enjoy your short break away. Morning Annie and all who follow.
I didn't open the curtains until 8.30 , to be greeted by a very frosty world. The twins nanny, across the road, was just taking them out, to school with their big brother. They were well wrapped up, but one of them was complaining.
DH is head down over his IPad, trying to sort the rotas for the Christmas AV services at Church. Big headache coming on I should think.
No concrete plans for today, just go with the flow, but lasagne sounds tempting.
Hoping to hear more positive news from Gillybob, if she finds a few moments to post. Wishing them well.
Marydoll are you behaving in NYC?
Have a good day one and all.

vena11 Mon 02-Dec-19 09:36:34

flowers Alygran

GrannyGravy13 Mon 02-Dec-19 09:40:24

Alygran flowers

harrigran Mon 02-Dec-19 09:51:23

Alygran flowers

EllaKeat Mon 02-Dec-19 10:24:19

Alygran I am going to a showing of Les Mis tonight too.
I will raise a glass to you wine

whywhywhy Mon 02-Dec-19 10:43:36

Good morning from a sunny but frosty Market Harborough area. I'm battling depression as usual and must bite the bullet and go and see the dr but I dont want to be dependent on tablets.

Sending love and hugs to GillyBob.

Have a happy and healthy day to everyone. x

CaroleAnne Mon 02-Dec-19 10:44:51

Alygran. Thinking of you.flowers

Urmstongran Mon 02-Dec-19 10:58:42

I keep checking to see if there’s an update from gillybob and a novella from Marydoll
?

Urmstongran Mon 02-Dec-19 10:59:47

? for you whywhywhy go to your doctor. x