Gransnet forums

Chat

Bashing my head against a brick wall

(56 Posts)
Luckygirl Tue 03-Dec-19 09:16:16

I ordered a garment online a few months ago from a company called JustFashionNow. When the item eventually arrived it was completely the wrong thing and bore no resemblance to what I ordered.

When I got back to them with photos to show they had made a mistake, it turns out from their reply that they are based in China. They are insisting that it is the right thing and that I must pay the return postage to China!

Local Trading Standards do not seem to be able to do anything - indeed they do not even reply to my messages!

Any ideas anyone?

Oh and do not buy from JustFashionNow!!!!!!!!!

Luckygirl Tue 03-Dec-19 21:46:13

I agree about the Gransnet pop-ups - I do think they should police them properly and not allow rip-off merchants onto the site.

Alexa Tue 03-Dec-19 22:42:20

Hetty that's always good advice and it's what I do. If it goes to the charity shop it's not wasted.

willa45 Wed 04-Dec-19 01:39:44

I had a similar experience last year. I ordered a sweater that turned out to be all wrong. The sleeve holes were tiny and the sides were not the same length. The entire thing looked like it had been made by a twelve year old! I did manage to get a credit for the item, but I had to pay (lost) $7 for return shipping.

Lessons learned....know the return policy, make sure they have at least 80% positive reviews and avoid businesses and brands that you aren't familiar with.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 04-Dec-19 07:38:52

I bought a pair of ‘well known brand’ tennis shoes from a site advertising as the brand outlet which I after realised was probably a fake. Checked with the brand and they confirmed by email it wasn’t its outlet and they’d follow up on my report. Credit company refunded my costs even tho it was below £100. I think the email helped. Lesson learnt was sometimes looking for the best price opens the door to these dodgy sites. Several months later a small parcel arrived with my order number on it - ‘ray ban’ sunglasses.

Barmeyoldbat Thu 05-Dec-19 12:21:48

Did you use your credit card to pay for it, if so they may be able to help.