Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(70 Posts)
12Michael Mon 09-Dec-19 06:11:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet start here in Brackley this morning.
Easy day , electricians finally decommissioning the old smoke alarm today.
Usual day of some housework etc.
Mick

fatgran57 Tue 10-Dec-19 22:52:06

Yes meangirls, get back in your boxes and maybe read my post properly before jumping in. The Rufus bullying continues relentlessly as usual. You simply can't help yourselves - I think some of you look forward to it

.For the record this WAS a gentle happy thread until the bullying began and some posters don't find it very pleasant reading at all.

By the way Rufus and I are not bosom buddies - I could find this a sexist remark if I was as thin-skinned as you seem to be.

Rufus2 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:20:03

open your own thread?
Charley: No way! smile It's a free society where censorship is not encouraged and what's more the misandrists would hunt me down wherever I went. grin
I'm surprised that a 92 year young OAP. OBE with tongue-in-cheek, a la Mary, has been able to ruffle your feathers.!
Just for the record I've posted a friendly PM to Mick hoping to discuss various matters, so when he's replied and you've unruffled your feathers and all back on your perches, so to speak, perhaps then we can have an intelligent conversation. hmm
OoRoo

Charleygirl5 Tue 10-Dec-19 12:20:05

fatgran if you and Rufus are such bosom buddies and you understand each other's sense of humour if that is what you call it, why not go off into the sunset (or further) as others have suggested to open your own thread?

This, like soop's kitchen is a very pleasant thread, easy to read with few nasties.

Neither of you knows the hell that some GNs are going through to get through a day with chemo, radiotherapy or insufficient money.

Others have expressed it better than me but you get the drift - bog off.

Mapleleaf Tue 10-Dec-19 10:12:37

If certain individuals don't like the style of the GM thread, then they know what to do, i.e., start their own, but stop trying to derail this one. Oh, and whilst I'm here, it's wet and windy this morning!!

NanKate Tue 10-Dec-19 06:48:23

I agree Kitty. ?

kittylester Tue 10-Dec-19 06:39:17

Another suggestion - start your own clever threads and leave this gentle start to the day be.

It's not big and it's not clever - in fact there is a bullying tone creeping in and not from the mean girls.

fatgran57 Tue 10-Dec-19 04:56:11

Well Rufus you have been well and truely told!!! I am sick and tired of this group of gransnetters who just can't seem to wait to jump on your every remark. At school these used to be called "the mean girls

I have not found any of your posts to be anything but good fun with often a bit of larrikinism.

I am sure that you, along with many many other posters have great sympathy for those gransnetters who are suffering sad events.

This does not mean that we cannot also have a bit of light hearted stirring etc.

Just a suggestion Rufus - perhaps if you posted along these lines -

Good morning.
It's cold/wet/windy/sunny etc.
My computer/TV/bidet/doorbell etc are on the blink.
Don't respond to any other posters and I bet the responses you receive will probably break the internet as the saying goesgrin

This post will probably be removed now as I am sure the MG's will report this wink

Nannan2 Mon 09-Dec-19 19:30:31

And today in north west,mostly raining.or windy.or both..like that most days really...grin

Nannan2 Mon 09-Dec-19 19:24:13

Only just put up our tree,now it feels like christmas! tchsmile

Megs36 Mon 09-Dec-19 19:21:57

Rufus, whoops you’ve done it again, some people don’t do irony do the as you say keep the naughty stool well polished, mine is too ....

NfkDumpling Mon 09-Dec-19 17:57:53

Consider yourself well and truly told off Rufus.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 09-Dec-19 17:17:56

Popped in to say “keep on keeping on” to “gillybob. Have been out all day. I am with marydoll et al. It’s nice to be nice.

NanKate Mon 09-Dec-19 15:53:21

I think you enjoy stirring things Rufus. As Mary and others say this is a positive, helpful, supportive GM thread headed up by Mick please keep it that way.

Susan56 Mon 09-Dec-19 14:54:08

Marydoll,Maw,Auntieflo and Nortstat.
You have all put my thoughts into words probably more eloquently than I could have.Thank you all.x

Nortsat46 Mon 09-Dec-19 14:48:37

Marydoll, MawB and Auntiedflo ?.
Rufus your comments on the ‘GN Medical Centre’ and the ‘daily sick lists’ are out of character with Mick’s lovely Good Morning thread. Many posters bravely facing challenges in their family life and health, share their experiences here for mutual support and for the benefit of us all.

I find your characterisation of these women as ‘poor grannies with mugs of hot beverages’ patronising and inappropriate.

Marydoll Mon 09-Dec-19 14:43:19

Thanks Auntieflo and Maw ?

Auntieflo Mon 09-Dec-19 14:29:43

Marydoll ???? to your last post.

MawB Mon 09-Dec-19 14:27:53

One thing I've learned from that job is not to volunteer for the GN Medical Centre when the staff go on their skiing holidays. Looking at recent daily sick-lists, the job would put me on the list permanently sad
Oh dear, Rufus don’t overdo the sympathy for those who are poorly, have sick partners, may be facing chemo or coping bravely with life limiting or terminal illnesses, will you?
Personally I feel humbled at what some on GN are coping with yet still actively involved with grandchildren , volunteering and helping others. Inspiring, frankly, not to be belittled as “the sight of poor grannies with mugs of steaming hot beverages”

Marydoll Mon 09-Dec-19 14:22:42

Rufus, you know little about me, my wonderful husband, nor my marriage, so please refrain from personal remarks.
This has always been a friendly thread, but recently there have been a few snide remarks on it, targetted at certain posters, which detract from the ethos of the thread.

Rufus2 Mon 09-Dec-19 13:47:41

some men can make it very difficult for women to show goodwill towards them
Mary; tongue in cheek or not, you're demonstrating very little good will there; although he's not wearing a kilt like what your.DH probably wears all the time, so he's got to be a Sassenach, poor fellow! sad

Kalu Mon 09-Dec-19 12:39:00

I have just gone all unnecessary with visions of my DH in his kilt! Phwoar!

Damn you Rufus. I am trying to concentrate on gilting a frame?? thistle

Rufus2 Mon 09-Dec-19 12:33:28

G'Day Megs: Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner, but other things kept getting in the way. Thank you for your kind words about thank yous (that doesn't look right!)
The early morning sight of poor grannies clutching mugs of steaming hot beverages was sufficient reward in itself; although speaking of reward, there weren't many tips in the jar. Blame it on Brexit again, I suppose!
One thing I've learned from that job is not to volunteer for the GN Medical Centre when the staff go on their skiing holidays. Looking at recent daily sick-lists, the job would put me on the list permanently! sad
Keep that "naughty stool " well polished; I might need it soon! hmm
OoRoo

Marydoll Mon 09-Dec-19 12:29:01

My dear Rufus, some men can make it very difficult for women to show goodwill towards them. wink
Those who know me, know that much of what I say is tongue in cheek.
DH is a good man, but he has behaved true to form in the last hour and I'm tearing my hair out in exasperation. Christmas will be over, by the time he puts those blasted lights on.
I have retreated to GN, to save my sanity. grin

Rufus2 Mon 09-Dec-19 12:04:52

Why do Scotsmen wear kilts?

footer in Scots means to fidget or fumble and the noun – as in ach, he's an auld footer – designates someone (DH) who is a nuisance or exasperating
Mary; I see your N00 York trip has done you a power of good; or was that a different Mary?
Please remember that this is now the season of "Goodwill to ALL Men!" hmm
OoRoo

EllanVannin Mon 09-Dec-19 12:04:00

A late Good Morning to All x
Beautifully sunny and breezy a good wash day but I've got none to do unfortunately.

I got carried away with blitzing the place yesterday before I got chance to sit myself down or nothing would have been done. Nets washed, windows cleaned, hoovered and polished. Then prepared dinner, wrote some cards then nipped to the post box.

The first real sit down I had was eating my dinner and by the time I'd finished Attenborough was on so that was that.

I can sympathise with the tree situation Marydoll. I always made sure it was a weekday when I was working----out of the way from the faffing of my late H---it had to be just so with the lights evenly placed and not slung around the tree. Then the decorations had to be orderly.

Lord knows how long he used to spend on it ( I never used to ask ) It would have driven me barmy, but that's how he was, then he'd stand back to admire his handywork ( about a dozen times )

Anyway, I hope the nausea settles itself, a plain biscuit if you can manage it--a ginger one, though you'll know what works best.

Anyone else not up to the mark I hope it improves before the day's out.

Thoughts as always to the Gillybobs xx and to thank those for their kind wishes that do give me a lift x

This last stint has gone quick Urmstongran. Now you can join the onslaught in town after your renewed energy.