Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(69 Posts)
12Michael Mon 09-Dec-19 06:11:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet start here in Brackley this morning.
Easy day , electricians finally decommissioning the old smoke alarm today.
Usual day of some housework etc.
Mick

Beechnut Mon 09-Dec-19 06:35:41

Good Morning Mick and all who follow.

Dark and damp now, hope it’s brighter later.

Yesterday I got most of what I wanted to do done despite sitting on the sofa for over an hour gazing into space. I didn’t get everything done as I was let down by the computer but after whinge and some advice I got it running again. Where would I be without my son in law.

I’m off out today to shop with a list and to tick a few more things off my ‘Honey Do’.

Hope you all have have a good day and we hear from gilly ?

Sprout Mon 09-Dec-19 06:45:18

Morning Mick and all. Glad to see you are back at the helm. Entertaining my best friend and sister in law today at my new home my new partner and husband to be is cooking a nice lunch. I am just about to leave the house to pick them up a round trip of 3 to 4 hrs. But it will be great to see them. Hope the weather stays ok. Hope everyone is well and those feeling poorly get better soon.

NanKate Mon 09-Dec-19 06:52:56

Good morning Mick, Beechnut, Sprout and all.

Yes it’s good to have you back Mick. I expect there is not much cycling for you to watch at present, the same for me with the Tennis. It all kicks off again in January.

Are you soon to be married Sprout ? No doubt you will be inviting all the Good Morning folk to the nuptials??

Knocking back the antibiotics following some dental surgery so won’t be going to Keep Fit as I still have a throbbing gum.

kittylester Mon 09-Dec-19 06:55:49

Morning all from a fairly gusty but dry North Leicestershire.

More Christmas type stuff this morning- the cards need doing- and then the hairdressers this afternoon.

It would be good to get an update from gilly. Hope dragonfly is feeling on.

kittylester Mon 09-Dec-19 06:56:37

Morning kate! Ouch!

Esther1 Mon 09-Dec-19 07:06:17

Good Morning from a still dark but mild Surrey. I thought I was going to have a nice slow start to this Monday morning but my daughter has just rung to ask if poorly gd can stay with me for the day again as she’s still not up to going to school and my dd and sil have to go to work. I am absolutely not complaining about this - until recently they lived on the other side of the world and I ached for ordinary day to day contact with them like this. I am over the moon that they have returned to the U.K. permanently and literally have to pinch myself every single day. (I expect I shall go down with this virus my gd has too, but hey ......... small price to pay)

Brunette10 Mon 09-Dec-19 07:21:04

Good Morning from a cold and damp Fife, much better than it was yesterday, it was just horrendous. Did not get to the markets in Edin due to the weather but DD, DSIL and 2 x DGS's came along and we had un expected buffet lunch together, it was just lovely. It's our 47th wedding anniversary today, my where have the years gone! Sprout - Congratulations, when is your wedding? Nice to see some photos if you can. Thinking of everyone under the weather, chin up and take care.

NannyJan53 Mon 09-Dec-19 07:22:38

Good Morning from a very windy Black Country. Just back from taking Partner to the train station.

Have to walk down the road later this morning to wait for a coach to take me to Shropshire, where I am meeting friends for a Christmas Meal. We went last year and it was great fun. Dancing after the meal, with the coach drivers all dressed up and joining in.

I can imagine how you feel Esther . Enjoy your GD, it is so lovely to be involved in their day to day life.

Hope the throbbing abates soon NanKate nothing worse than that kind of pain flowers

Do I need to buy a hat sprout smile Congratulation on your impending marriage. Looks like you have a 'good un*

Hoping to hear from gilly as always in our thoughts. Thoughts also with Dragonfly and anyone else with health worries or problems.

Rufus2 Mon 09-Dec-19 07:25:05

G'Day Mick!; How did you enjoy B'mouth's nightlife? Our family have/had several branches in and around the places you visited and now they tell me I wouldn't know it, being so "Hip" due to overseas students. grin
Anyway, just to let you know I'll be sending you a PM soon, so keep an eye open for your "You've got mail" signal!
OoRoo

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 09-Dec-19 07:29:43

Good morning from east London, dark and cloudy (apart from the 2 floodlights across the sports field). Great fun at the panto yesterday, loads of madness and slapstick. It was in a small studio type theatre and we were in the second row back so missed nothing. Need to get moving now in the hope the builders do turn up this morning. Tennis at lunchtime, then this evening we’re going to a choir performance involving one of DP’s friends. (I’m pleased my link worked as I get so much from being part of my choir). Have the best day you can.

dragonfly46 Mon 09-Dec-19 07:38:35

Good morning, yes blowy and dry in Leicestershire.

Happy Anniversary Brunette we also had a Christmas wedding.
Hope your tooth feels better soon NanKate.

Not much on the cards today.

Sending love to Gilly and Ellan.

cornergran Mon 09-Dec-19 07:40:34

Morning Mick, morning All, not sure what it’s doing in our corner of Somerset, still dark and know it rained in the night. Quick dash into town before coffee and lunch with a GN friend. Looking forward to it all. Ouch nankate, that’s not fun. Congratulations sprout , drive safely today. More congratulations to Mr and Mrs Brunette on their anniversary. Love as ever to gilly and her husband. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Resurgam123 Mon 09-Dec-19 07:47:22

Good Morning All.
Too much to do, too little time.
I suggested that my OH did the Christmas cards this year. He has the list.
After something like "while don't you do things" and not leave everything to me moment.
It is really p*****g me off.
I don't really expect much but it took me having a melt down to get some help.
It is the only way . Really annoyed.

Ginny42 Mon 09-Dec-19 07:52:33

Good morningMick and everyone. It's only just coming light and the trees are swaying, but the sky looks clear in Cheshire.

Today is all mine and untouched! After a walk in the woods I shall clean the house and with the help of my neighbour get the tree and decorations from the loft. That will take me till bedtime!

A wedding and an anniversary! Congratulations Brunette on your 47th! Have a lovely day with your friends Sprout. Tooth pain is miserable Kate so hope the meds relieve it quickly.

Hope for some news from Gilly and to hear that dragonfly is doing well.

Take care everyone and enjoy your day.

ninathenana Mon 09-Dec-19 07:52:35

Good morning from wild and windy Kent. Dark clouds made me think it was earlier when I woke.
Going with DD to get our nails done later. Otherwise a quiet day.
Have a good day everyone. Happy Anniversary to the Brunettes

Ginny42 Mon 09-Dec-19 07:56:43

Oh there you are dragonfly! flowers

Resurgram, sorry you're having a bad day. {flowers]

Ginny42 Mon 09-Dec-19 07:58:05

Can't leave the flowers half sent!

Resurgram Think big bouquet! flowers

Resurgam123 Mon 09-Dec-19 07:58:14

I have just looked out of the front window.
As expected the leaves that were on our lawn have all blown off over night, apart from those that are settling in the flower bed with my twisted Hazle .
Those other leaves are now into the corner of next door's garden.
He he he.
Have a good day.

Grammaretto Mon 09-Dec-19 07:59:26

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's light and bright today.
Mick you have had a wait for those alarms to be sorted.
Morning thoughts: I must put the bins out before 8am.
GE this week on DD's birthday.
I still don't know how I'm going to vote. tactically or not
Will the washing dry?
Best wishes to Gilly and hope to hear some better news.

vena11 Mon 09-Dec-19 08:05:37

Good morning from a dry Bristol but it does not look promising that it will staying that way.
Happy Anniversary Brunette.
Dragonfly hope you are feeling a bit better.
Nothing much on today as no school run as DGS DGD have the sickness bug so we were told to stay away from them .
Thinking of Gillybob I hope everyone else have a lovely day.

Urmstongran Mon 09-Dec-19 08:08:54

Good morning everyone from a VERY windy Malaga. The two ladies along the landing that I went out for a Chinese meal with last night are part of our Monday = ladies + wine group so there will be 5 of us today. The lady who arrived from Blackpool always has great stories to keep us entertained - a bit like our Marydoll!
?

Your unusual name Sprout (very seasonal right now). I recall a few months ago you meeting your new man so the relationship has soon got up and running. Congratulations on getting married!

Shame you had to have a spat to get some help Resurgam it can all get a bit much at this time of the year.

Hope Monday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Susan56 Mon 09-Dec-19 08:13:45

Good morning from Shropshire where it’s blowing a gale.
A catching up at home day today after a busy weekend and with a busy week ahead.
Happy anniversary to the Brunettes??
Sending love to Lins,Ellan,dragonfly and all with health or family worries?
Hopefully we will hear from gilly today.Sending love,thoughts and prayers to you and your dear husband.x?

Greyduster Mon 09-Dec-19 08:15:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Very windy here in South Yorkshire. I am trying to gird up my loins to face the car crash that is my kitchen after our family lunch yesterday, which was very jolly. For once, my children were well disposed to each other! I have to wait in this morning for a phone call from the surgery, and we have school run this afternoon. Happy Anniversary Brunette and Mr B! Hope things are okay with Gilly. Have a good day folks.

Marydoll Mon 09-Dec-19 08:20:24

Good morning all from Glasgow, it's 41C, at least it's not raining. .

I’m having a day in today, as the nausea has come back with a vengeance and I can’t be bothered trying to make an effort, (including cooking, Kate)
DH tossed and turned all night, between that a sore throat, and feeling sick, I'm Mrs Grumpyguts this morning!!!
I had to take anti-nausea tablets at 3am. ?
Sometimes the cure is worse than the actual illness itself!!!

DH has decided the Christmas trees will go up today, I’m dreading it, as he always manages to make a terrible mess in just about every room in the house.

Please keep your eye out for a thread entitled, I’m leaving my husband of forty two years over a Christmas tree
We fall out every year, due to DH’s disorganised footering about.
( to footer in Scots means to fidget or fumble and the noun – as in ach, he's an auld footer – designates someone (DH) who is a nuisance or exasperating ).

I'm just having a rant, please don't take me seriously, I wouldn't be without DH. No-one else would put up with him, [or me] anyway grin

Kate, I 'm sorry to hear about your dental problems, I hope it settles down quickly.
Thank you for your mention of me on the thread, you started yesterday.
I'm planning to make some Christmas biscuits today, I will save you some! grin

Congratulations to the Brunettes, I hope you are going for a nice meal. ??
That's a pity about Edinburgh, the same thing happened to us last year. We went, but ended up spending most of the day in the pub, (me in the shops), as the weather was awful. sad

Also sending loving hugs to EV, Dragonfly and Resurgam.

Hoping to hear some positive news from Gillybob.

Happy Monday!!