Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone staying up all night on Thursday?

(94 Posts)
newnanny Mon 09-Dec-19 10:32:09

I shall be. I am getting snacks in and lots of coffee to keep me awake. I wonder which big beast will fall this time around. I just love seeing the map turn blue. I won't be watching on Sky though as I see they are having Bercow on and I dislike him. So ladies anyone else staying up to watch?

endlessstrife Thu 12-Dec-19 16:58:26

Definitely not. The words “ rock and hard place “ have been in my mind today. Need my sleep. Staying up won’t make a shred of difference.

whywhywhy Thu 12-Dec-19 17:21:29

NO! It's bad no matter who gets in. Fedup with the whole shower of s****.

mcem Thu 12-Dec-19 17:57:05

maggiemaybe I'll look forward to hearing about your result. (Unless you'd like to disclose your constituency - I plan to be awake and it would be interesting to spot some results further afield.
Will be keen to see the result in our neighbouring constituency - the most marginal in UK with a majority of 2!

Buffybee Thu 12-Dec-19 18:15:54

Not staying up but hopefully I will be able to Cheer as I did the morning after the Referendum!
C'mon Boris!!!!!!!

quizqueen Thu 12-Dec-19 18:26:56

I have to be at work for 8am so probably won't bother to go to bed at all. I'll have a shower in the middle of the night to keep me awake!

Witzend Thu 12-Dec-19 18:33:32

Anyone else in a seriously marginal seat? Ours is about the most marginal in the U.K. (Con/LD) - Con scraped in by the merest whisker last time.

Until recently I thought the LD candidate would more or less walk it - it's a strong Remain area - but now I'm not so sure.
Sitting Con MP is actually a very good and active constituency MP - not some arse we'd love to see the back of.
It'll be an interesting night, that's for sure!

Whitewavemark2 Thu 12-Dec-19 18:37:14

Queue after queue of young people ready to vote. Loads of examples of these. Their future, their vote.

annodomini Thu 12-Dec-19 19:22:05

My GD, who, misguidedly voted to leave, has seen the light and voted for Labour. It's a Tory constituency with a remain MP.

Blinko Thu 12-Dec-19 19:30:44

Boris may not be an MP, never mind Prime Minister.

Please God...

Doodle Thu 12-Dec-19 19:32:01

I feel sorry for those caught up in this election who are anxious, worried and concerned about which party will win and Brexit or not.
I feel even more sorry for those whose worries, dreads, fear and anxieties have nothing to do with the election or Brexit.

Callistemon Thu 12-Dec-19 20:44:30

That would be interesting, wouldn't it

All four main contenders losing their seats
And a hung Parliament

Gonegirl Thu 12-Dec-19 21:23:39

It would be great tchshock tchgrin

Grammaretto Thu 12-Dec-19 21:58:53

I will try to stay up for a bit and write my cards. or come on here I won't have coffee though - whisky more like.
I pray we get rid of Boris.
I shall have the radio on and listen until I can't bear it any longer.
DH will stay up longer. He finds it all fascinating.

mcem Thu 12-Dec-19 22:19:08

Exit polls say 55/59 SNP seats in Scotland but possible an 80+ majority for tories. Will Ruth Davidson keep her promise to go skinny-dipping in Loch Ness?Has Jo Swinson really lost her seat?
Facing the infamous 'emotional rollercoaster ' tonight!
I wonder how accurate the exit polls will prove this time.
Can't bear the idea of 5 years of BJ but looks like the demand is here in Scotland to fight for a 2nd referendum to provide an escape route!

GrandmaJan Thu 12-Dec-19 22:23:27

I don’t sleep particularly well so I’ll watch the television until about 1 and then take my iPad into the bedroom and I’ll keep checking the results. The results for my constituency will come in about 2-3am and I will be keen to see the result

NfkDumpling Thu 12-Dec-19 22:50:00

DH has announced he’s staying up so I’m still here. I’ll probably give in soon and get up at silly o’clock when more results are in.

yggdrasil Fri 13-Dec-19 08:50:37

I heard the exit poll, and went to bed with Classic fm on so I couldn't hear all the awful details.
So now we have at least 5 years of Johnson doing what Johnson wants, since all his candidates were carefully picked for that purpose.
I am deeply depressed

oldgimmer1 Fri 13-Dec-19 12:33:24

I've taken the day off today as I thought I'd be up all night anticipating the result but gave up as the exit poll showed the inevitable.

Was up at 5 though. Still hoping ....but disappointed.

Although it wasn't entirely unexpected, I suppose..