Gransnet forums

Chat

Lonely This Evening Kind Thoughts

(66 Posts)
Alexa Tue 24-Dec-19 16:07:56

Grans alone and lonely, including those who may not even post here , we will think about each other as we watch Carols at Kings this evening at 5PM on BBC 2 television, and greet each other in our kind thoughts .

Grannyben Tue 24-Dec-19 20:04:58

I've only just seen this lovely post. At 5pm I was peeling sprouts but had I known I would have tuned in. It was such a nice thing to suggest. Happy Christmas.

inkcog Tue 24-Dec-19 20:12:34

Hetty, you do make me laugh. Carols at Kings.....er no ta.

craftyone Tue 24-Dec-19 20:16:17

The first time in 5 christmases that I have had the courage to listen to kings. I did it and I enjoyed it. Thanks so much

I just bought my christmas present to myself, too late for tomorrow but it will arrive on boxing day. A folding exercise bike that will fit my short legs. Feeling happy now

inkcog Tue 24-Dec-19 20:48:41

Nice one, crafty.

annsixty Tue 24-Dec-19 20:50:34

I did think of everyone at 5pm and felt comforted.
My GD and I had a lovely meal with more than afewtears.
A happy day and peace for you all tomorrow

Anniebach Tue 24-Dec-19 21:53:04

Haven’t watched at Carols at Kings with company for years,
Thank you so much

farview Tue 24-Dec-19 22:03:37

Nitegodbless all of you...x

phoenix Tue 24-Dec-19 22:08:00

All good wishes to everyone.

xxx

ananimous Tue 24-Dec-19 22:25:34

Merry Xmas Gransnetters, and a Peaceful New Year to All!
If you feel overwhelmed by sadness...
Do something nice for yourself this holiday season - Self-care is balm for the troubled soul. Be open-minded, and try to be hopefully resigned. Who knows what may unfold in 2020?
tchsmile

animated.name/uploads/posts/2016-08/1470238409_158.gif

crazyH Tue 24-Dec-19 22:30:45

All good wishes to everyone, especially those who are feeling a bit down, for whatever reason. I have my C and GC around me but I still get a bit down, thinking of when the children were young and my marriage was in tact.....
Love to you all xx

jacq10 Tue 24-Dec-19 22:32:22

Tanith - I am also feeling the loss of my DH so much harder to cope with this year. He died very suddenly at the end of last year and I can't really explain how we coped with Christmas and all that was going on but we did. However, this year I am finding it very difficult as are my DD and DS. I know we will get through it for DGS's sake and I am lucky to have family and friends around but I just wish it was all over.

BlueSapphire Wed 25-Dec-19 00:29:37

I couldn't watch it at 5pm, as I was at DS's for Christmas Eve meal, So I recorded it, and when I got home at about at about 10.30pm I poured myself a little something (a Cointreau, actually!) and watched it. Absolutely beautiful, and I drank a toast to DH at midnight, and wished him a merry Christmas. My second Christmas without him, and tomorrow will be the first time I have ever woken up in an empty house on Christmas Day.

Fiachna50 Wed 25-Dec-19 00:43:54

To anyone out there either bereaved or alone this Christmas for other reasons. Id like to wish you a Merry Christmas and give you a hug. Christmas is a time of hope. Please keep hope in your hearts, things change and sometimes for the better. God Bless and have a peaceful Christmas. I also very much enjoyed Carols from Kings.

craftyone Wed 25-Dec-19 04:55:11

Jacq10, mine also died very suddenly, he went for a bike ride and I saw the police helicopter fly overhead and an hour later, the police at my door. The second christmas I decided to get myself a project to keep me busy the whole time. I bought a wooden spinning wheel kit and ended up with a beautiful wheel that I use often.

If it is any consolation, you do learn how to cope, it doesn`t get easier but the coping gets betterand I have plenty of small projects and many small treats, something for every day. The time will pass and then the new year will come

gillybob Wed 25-Dec-19 06:07:00

Merry Christmas to you Alexa and all my Gransnet friends. I don’t know where I would have been without you all this last few months.

Sending much love and kind thoughts to those who are suffering loss this Christmas. I feel so humbled and blessed that I have my DH sleeping here beside me when it could have so easily not been the case. Xx

heavensjoys Wed 25-Dec-19 06:30:20

Wishing all you lovely Gransnetters a very peaceful and happy Christmas. My heart goes out to all with sad hearts of their own. Much love to those who have had a difficult time in the last 12 months and wish for better times for you in 2020.

I lost my beloved Sister just a few months ago. My heart is still breaking from the loss, I miss her so much.

Take care everyone.
xxxx

Calpurnia Wed 25-Dec-19 06:42:58

Reading these lovely posts shows that “life still goes on” after the devastating loss of a loved husband, although I just cannot see how right now.

My wonderful husband of 51 years, together nearly 53 is terminally ill, though very thankfully stable and relatively pain free at the moment, thanks to powerful meds.

I lie her in bed thinking, worrying this is likely to be our last one together and the thought is devastating. I am purposefully not making today any different to others so as not to emphasise my thoughts and we will have a nice quiet morning on our own, going to see family later on.

Sending love and kind wishes to everyone who will find today difficult or sad. Please remember the happy times when our loved ones enjoyed Christmas with us.

It is comforting to know there are kind people here who know how others feel. It is especially nice for me as I have so little support from family.

Resurgam123 Wed 25-Dec-19 08:06:37

Kathsue. Thanks to those others feeling lonely. Just that is very helpful

inkcog Wed 25-Dec-19 08:11:27

sent you message, Resurgam.

polnan Wed 25-Dec-19 08:39:50

me? my dh of 50 years this coming January, died Nov. 12th.
I am so very fortunate that I have Jesus with me... don`t mock anyone, wish you all a peaceful Christmas..

I am telling my mind, this Christmas morning, here in Swindon, England, that this is just another day,, designated by us humans,,, made too much of,, but good for the kids.

Peace on earth,, wish we could all have these good thoughts all the year round and not just one day of the year.

Connor13 Wed 25-Dec-19 09:00:49

Merry Christmas everyone ?

Bobdoesit Wed 25-Dec-19 09:15:24

Alexa thinking of you and everyone who is alone this Christmas. flowers

mumofmadboys Wed 25-Dec-19 09:15:40

May the peace of the Christ Child be yours this day and in the year ahead through the ups and downs of life.x

Madwoman11 Wed 25-Dec-19 09:56:13

What a lovely thoughtful post. Happy Christmas ?

computor Wed 25-Dec-19 10:27:38

Merry Christmas to all you lovely people x