Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Christmas Day to all the GNs [tchsmile]

(88 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 25-Dec-19 06:37:19

I'm being bold and opening up , as the Deputy must have slept in! tchwink

Brunette10 Wed 25-Dec-19 19:37:42

I know I’m very late but I was very busy this morning watching DGS’s opening parcels from Santa, then of course the Turkey took over but I’m glad to say Christmas dinner went great, it was just so nice and tasty. Just having a glass of wine now, relaxing whilst DGS’s are having bath, stories and bed. Hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas Day and thinking of those with memories of loved ones. Thinking of those on their own flowers

Bestgranny Wed 25-Dec-19 17:26:56

Happy Christmas to all on gransnet , I hope you all have a peaceful & full of fun day . Urmsto.sorry to see you have a little setback , hopefully it will cleat up before the day is out . It’s morning here in California, the turkey hasn’t made its way to the oven yet but it will shortly, dd & I had a lot of prep done yesterday. Stuffing , steeping peas ,mushrooms,sprouts & best of all a fabulous trifle,& mince pies . Later in the afternoon we will have FaceTime from our DS wife & 2 grandchildren which will be fun . It’s great to know Mrs. Gillys husband is home & on the mend a I hope they have a nice relaxing time over the holidays. To people who live alone I hope something nice happens for you today .

Harris27 Wed 25-Dec-19 15:17:38

Happy heistmas gillybob and hope your husband makes progress throughout 2020. Happy Christmas to all the gransnetters who have made my day so many times. Have a lovely day all!

KatyK Wed 25-Dec-19 14:28:56

Merry Christmas everyone.

MissAdventure Wed 25-Dec-19 13:14:04

Merry Christmas all!

Thank you all for helping me through some very difficult times, with practical advice and just much needed kindness.

Hope you all find this Christmas to be whatever you're hoping it will. tchsmile
X

grannydarkhair Wed 25-Dec-19 12:46:10

Good afternoon and Merry Christmas to everyone. Regular reader, rarely post. Beautiful sunny, frosty day here in Dundee. Enjoying a pot of tea whilst waiting for my daughter to pick me up later. Best wishes to all, especially those not having a good day for whatever reason.

Cambia Wed 25-Dec-19 12:06:07

Good morning and Merry Christmas to you all from a beautiful North Yorkshire.

grannyqueenie Wed 25-Dec-19 11:56:29

Often read but never post on this gentle thread. Just wanted to wish you all Happy Christmas. Good to read Mr Gillybob is recovering. Special thoughts for all with a sad heart or a teary eye this Christmas morning.

JenniferEccles Wed 25-Dec-19 11:54:46

Happy Christmas one and all!

Our daughter is hosting Christmas this year which will give me a break after doing it for years! We are all contributing to the food so it should be fun !

Hope everyone enjoys the festivities and I hope those struggling with sad thoughts find some comfort whatever they are doing.

I usually shed a tear or two for my parents who sadly are not here any more.

That is what our memories are for though aren’t they.

CaroleAnne Wed 25-Dec-19 11:48:23

Merry Christmas to you all on gransnet. It is great to belong and be able to share all our experiences together.
It is good to know that Mary doll and Gillybob are able to enjoy the festive day with their loved ones.
I shall be watching the queens speech and will have a glass of good cheer to you all.
Love from Carole.tchsmilewineflowers

mary51 Wed 25-Dec-19 11:45:31

Happy Christmas to all on this thread which I read every day and especially to Gillybob and all those with worries and illnesses to cope with. Just three of us today and family and GC coming on Friday.

Love and peace to all.

NannyC2 Wed 25-Dec-19 11:33:07

Happy Christmas to you all.

Just been to 8.30 Mass. Wonderful start to the day....our wonderful young Polish priest sang this as part of the homily....brilliant! (Do you see what I see)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=t84OSRahBRo
Do watch if you can it's really uplifting

Have a really wonderful day -love to all.

dragonfly46 Wed 25-Dec-19 10:58:01

We have just had Facetime with the the GC - it is wonderful how technology allows you to be there! Will be seeing them next week.

dragonfly46 Wed 25-Dec-19 10:56:44

So sorry to hear that Urmston - we have had Christmases like that. I remember my dad ending up in A&E one Christmas day. I hope you feel better soon and can still join in the fun.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 25-Dec-19 10:53:19

Merry Christmas to one and all, especially thinking of those who are alone.
wine to absent friends

mamaa Wed 25-Dec-19 10:51:37

Christmas Wishes one and all and to those for whom this is not a jolly time, sending my thoughts. Off to DS and family shortly for Christmas Dinner though what time we’ll eat it I don’t know as he just txted to say he’s running about 30 mins late! No probs for us as it’s nice to relax and let the younger generation have a go!x???⛄️

Samiejb Wed 25-Dec-19 10:48:49

Happy Christmas everyone - lovely and sunny in Taunton. Haven't seen Santa yet, but still hoping. wine smile

Urmstongran Wed 25-Dec-19 10:31:27

Good morning and happy Christmas from South Manchester.

Sadly I was up most of the night with stomach cramps and loo trips so I shan’t be joining in with our planned family festivities today. Timing eh?

Riversidegirl Wed 25-Dec-19 10:29:02

Good Morning to all. And to those thinking of downsizing in 2020: stick at it, and all the best! We have done it and are just about settled, although still with much to do. Here's to the New Year and pastures new!

Doodle Wed 25-Dec-19 10:25:23

Happy Christmas one and all. Peace within all families and comfort to those on their own. Enjoy your day ?❄️⛄️?

oldgaijin Wed 25-Dec-19 10:16:23

Happy Christmas everyone! The mutt has done VERY well for presents and now we are away to the woodies to play with his wee mates.

patricia1958 Wed 25-Dec-19 10:06:31

I'm just waiting for my daughter to phone to say I can get my taxi and go to hers I have to take my stick because she doesn't like me being seen with my walker only want to go to see my 2 grandsons roll on 5.oclock when I will be home

weenanni59 Wed 25-Dec-19 09:53:15

Good morning and merry Christmas everyone.
A lovely sunny morning in Edinburgh ?

Barmeyoldbat Wed 25-Dec-19 09:49:12

Happy Christmas everyone, its bright and sunny here in North Somerset and we have just had breakfast, Going to pack up a sandwich and flask and head out on our bikes to try and counterbalance the eating. So have a happy day whatever you are doing.

Hev61 Wed 25-Dec-19 09:47:15

Good morning gransnetters and merry Christmas everyonetchsmilehaven't posted before but read gransnet everyday.its been a busy year good and bad for so many so I hope the new year will be a better one for you all.