Chat

Good Morning Christmas Day to all the GNs [tchsmile]

(87 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 25-Dec-19 06:37:19

I'm being bold and opening up , as the Deputy must have slept in! tchwink

aggie Wed 25-Dec-19 06:43:34

Good Morning Marydoll wishing everyone a Happy Christmas

Sar53 Wed 25-Dec-19 06:46:07

Good morning everyone, a very Happy Christmas. Enjoy the day whatever you are doing tchwink x

NanKate Wed 25-Dec-19 06:46:07

Good Morning Mary and All.

Christmas Greetings to you All on this special day.

DH and I are going to the early morning service in our son’s village then back for coffee. DS is cooking a non traditional lunch, steak, chips and portabello mushrooms, his favourite, as we are keeping our Christmas Dinner for when our DGSs arrive back home tomorrow.

Whether you are with family or alone I wish you a peaceful and happy Christmas to all the GM participants and Mick who is away with his sister.

Love, Kate

NanKate Wed 25-Dec-19 06:46:51

Good morning too to Aggie and Sar.

NotAGran55 Wed 25-Dec-19 06:48:27

Good morning one and all . Wishing you all a peaceful happy day .

Curlywhirly Wed 25-Dec-19 06:48:46

And a very good Christmas morning to you Marydoll, and to all Gransnetters ?☃️?. I am up early, as usual, as our very greedy labrador wanted her breakfast! Am now back in bed with a cup of tea - heaven! Just recharging my batteries before the marathon cooking and entertaining session begins, and can't wait for the DGC to come, isn't it magical when they believe in Father Christmas? Long may it contine. Here's hoping you all have a lovely Christmas day. Xx

Marydoll Wed 25-Dec-19 06:53:53

Once again, I have taken the very bold step to open up the thread, as I couldn't sleep. I was so excited, waiting for Santa to come. ?
Wishing everyone, both posters and those who just read a very happy and peaceful Christmas.
It's 6C here in Glasgow and we are promised a sunny, but cold day.

I will keep my post brief, (chance would be a fine thing), as I'm way behind schedule! Nine for breakfast and then lunch, so I need to crack on.

Our table is supposed to seat ten at a push, but we decided to bring the kitchen table in too, for more room , but we couldn't get it through the door, so DH got the pasting table (covered in yuk from the garage, set it up, then leant on it, and broke it! ? Anyone got a spare table?

Sending warmest wishes to Gilly and her DH, Dragonfly, Lins and all those with worries and poor health.
Special hugs to all who have patiently put up with my lengthy novellas over the year tchgrin and those who have supported me through a very difficult year healthwise.

Enjoy your day, I hope to do so. For the first time in forty three years, DH and I didn't fall out on Christmas Eve, that's a good omen.

cornergran Wed 25-Dec-19 06:54:09

Thank you marydoll. It’s cold and calm in our corner of Somerset as I send a Christmas good morning with love and warm wishes to you all.

J52 Wed 25-Dec-19 07:05:07

Good morning everyone. Wishing you all a very happy Christmas Day wherever you are.
?

ladymuck Wed 25-Dec-19 07:07:20

Good morning, everyone. I hope you all have a lovely day.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 25-Dec-19 07:08:21

Good morning from east London, dry and dark. Merry Christmas. DS arrived home after 10 last night having had an incremental train journey back from Chichester then promptly took off for a drink with friends. I have advised Xmas dinner will be at 4pm based on last year’s experience; DD and her partner have quite a few of his relatives to call in and see then will retrieve GD who’s been with her dad for a few days. That gives me time to put a few decs up and wrap some presents this morning. There will be 6 of us for dinner which is fortunate as I only have 6 crackers. Hope you have the best, most relaxing day you can.

Yiayia4 Wed 25-Dec-19 07:12:58

Good morning everyone.
Have a wonderful magical day x

Beechnut Wed 25-Dec-19 07:22:21

Good Morning from a dark place. I’ve looked out of the window but can’t see how the weather is but sunshine is forecast.

Thank you for opening Marydoll I know I’m not the deputy so I’ve waited.

Wishing you all a very lovely day.
Try not to eat a lot,drink a lot and be sick a lot.
Having said that, cheers my dears ?
?

Pantglas2 Wed 25-Dec-19 07:24:53

Merry Christmas morning from a dark but dry north Wales. Sat in bed with my usual chamberpot of tea having done the yoga stretches and emptied the dishwasher - will open presents (yes, he’s been) with some Buck’s Fizz and scrambled eggs later.

The main event will be around 2pm (just us two) then watch Queen and a film and a quiet night. Off to DD tomorrow so early to bed.

Wishing you all a lovely day x

Gingster Wed 25-Dec-19 07:26:02

Happy Christmas all. Up fairly early as Elsie (cockerpoo) was excited to see what Santa had brought. ?. Dh and I spending Xmas day on our own but having our family day tomorrow when there will be 16 of us. DS1, DS2, Dd and other halves and 8 gc. Having an easy day, dog walking, back for Xmas dinner and snoozing in the sofa whilst watching old films. Perfect. Peace and happiness to all. X ???

Mapleleaf Wed 25-Dec-19 07:34:15

Good morning all and a very happy Christmas ? to you.

I'm just having a peaceful cuppa in the quiet before DH gets up for his breakfast and then we will go to the morning service, come back for coffee then go and visit some of the family for a few hours, after which we'll come home and I'll put the meat in the oven with the intention of starting to eat around 4 pm.

I wish all of you a peaceful day. tchsmile

Resurgam123 Wed 25-Dec-19 07:41:19

Good Morning All.
Its just me and him today .
I have not done much to getting organised, not a lot of wrapping for the little ones who will be coming later in the week and I was waking up several times in the night. I feel dreadful.
However have a good day.

Nortsat46 Wed 25-Dec-19 07:48:58

Bit slow this morning, we had an extra glass of wine last night, whilst watching Gareth Malone create a choir in Watford General Hospital. It was inspirational and made us value the NHS even more.

Quite a lot of prep undertaken yesterday so today’s meal should be straightforward...

Wishing Mick and all of the Good Morning thread readers and posters a Happy Christmas and a lovely day.

harrigran Wed 25-Dec-19 07:51:37

Good Christmas morning from a still dark NE.
Santa does not visit this house so we will just finish our cup of tea and then start on preparing food for this evening.
We are having a family lunch out at a restaurant where we have a private room booked.
Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas.

love0c Wed 25-Dec-19 07:52:10

Happy Christmas morning everyone! It looks like it is going to be sunny so let us all enjoy that smile tchsmile

Just me and hubby today. We are going out for a nice long walk and taking a picnic!! Will make sure we are well wrapped up.

Love to all and remembering those who are not with us today.

kittylester Wed 25-Dec-19 07:54:39

Morning all from a dry but chilly North Leicestershire.

Santa has been here too but now it's time to get cracking and try to sort out our tables!! We should have done it yesterday but we had a procession of visitors. DH is reluctant to move our big table as it wobbles on the uneven wooden floor - I foresee some unChristmas like language!

I hope everyone has the best day possible. Merry Christmastchsmile

GrannyGravy13 Wed 25-Dec-19 07:56:27

Good morning all, wishing you a peaceful and Merry Christmas tchsmile

annsixty Wed 25-Dec-19 08:02:04

A very happy day to everyone.
I have been awake since 5am and unable to go back to sleep.
Father Christmas seems to have missed me this year, perhaps he’s left my presents at my dinner venue.
My GD and I are going to her mums house for dinner, with her and her partner and their children, who are of course my GD’s half siblings.
We all get on well together.
I hope everyone has a lovely day doing what suits them.

Auntieflo Wed 25-Dec-19 08:08:05

Happy Christmas morning to one and all, and thanks for getting us off the starting blocks Marydoll.
Annie, are you up yet?
DH has brought me my morning cuppa, now gone, and as he is doing the AV at Church this morning, he would like us not to linger over breakfast.
I am looking forward to the service. Our carol concert, Sunday evening was beautiful.

(We have a spare pasting table, actually two, Marydoll) tchsmile
Loving, healing wishes to all those who are unwell or have worries.
To all my GN friends, have the day you wish for.