Gransnet forums

Chat

Believing in Biological Sex - a Sacking Offence

(305 Posts)
FarNorth Sun 29-Dec-19 21:10:15

It is lawful to be sacked for believing that biological sex exists.

A shocking tribunal decision against Maya Forstater, who lost her job for believing sex is immutable, has elevated the ‘gender debate’ to a new level of international scrutiny

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/f/light-has-been-shone-one-womens-rights-all-world-see?fbclid=IwAR3BDOhhZ8GLNbqyvKaopjSEboCFj3T4oKr5vQT9aqD6vyclc9QoT6VyxlA

purplepatch Fri 03-Jan-20 20:38:46

Perhaps Maya will be more determined to appeal now that we have heard today that veganism is a philosphical belief and protected while, apparently believing in the fact that there are two sexes is not.

oldgimmer1 Fri 03-Jan-20 21:41:10

I was thinking the same myself, purple.

newnanny Sat 04-Jan-20 01:33:05

Many of people who worked professionally at Tavistock clinic resigned as felt under pressure to diagnose as transexuals even when they did not agree. They said they feared being labelled transphobic if did not agree to give cross sex hormones or approve surgery. It is very worrying when children of 11 or 12 start along this path often without course of professional counselling first. GP refer to CAMHS but as waiting list is up to 18 months in our area of country, I don't know know how long to wait in other areas, the kids take first stepx in their own hands grow gair long, wear female clothing etc. and once out it is almost impossible for kids to row back whilst at school as other kids treat them differently often making them outcast. Many go to GLT grpups which become their only friends and encourage them to keep going. I just wish they would wait for professional counseling so they at least knew what getting themselves into and taking on. I knew one 11 year old boy who told me he did not understand he would be shunned by his school friends and his parents allowed him to transition whilst waiting for CAMHS appointment. School asked for him to wait until received counselling course but parents disagreed. He had hormone blockers at 12. In the end he tried to kill himself twice over a 1 year period and his parents ended up movong to another area of country to give him fresh start. I have lost touch with this child but often wonder how is now as would be 18 now. Getting opposite sex hormoones can affect future fertility whichmis explained and explored through councselling but too many start along route without realusing this.

oldgimmer1 Sat 04-Jan-20 07:33:16

That's chilling, newnanny.

Imho there's no way a child should be supported through this process at such s young age.

Hope the 11 year old is ok. Really makes you think about the damage that can be done.