Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you hoping for in 2020?

(81 Posts)
JenniferEccles Tue 31-Dec-19 10:27:09

I am thinking on a personal level.
Are you hoping for better health or continuing good health for you and your loved ones?
Maybe you wish for improved family relationships, or on a more lighthearted note, perhaps foreign travel would be welcome.
I’m not particularly thinking of New Year’s resolutions, more a kind of ‘wish list’

Destin Thu 02-Jan-20 02:05:48

I agree 123kitty......reading through these posts, 90% are hoping for good health, improved health etc. Good health -throughout life - but especially as you age - doesn’t come easily and, most times, not naturally.

It takes work, it takes perseverance, and it takes commitment to commit to exercise regularly and consistently. Aerobic sessions at least a couple of times a week for heart fitness, weight bearing exercises for bone health, yoga to constantly stretch out shrinking muscles and tight hip flexors and balance issues.

It’s a lifelong commitment but if you want to feel fit and healthy in your 60’s and 70’s then stop wishing, join a gym and start a fitness regime because there are no short cuts to a healthy and energetic lifestyle in our older years.

Destin Thu 02-Jan-20 01:40:16

I am hoping I’m lucky in getting a ticket in the Wimbledon ballot this year! I entered through the website last October and the draw takes place soon and if I’m one of the lucky ones they will send me an email some time this month......fingers crossed!

Daisyboots Wed 01-Jan-20 22:57:23

Fairy Nuff I do hope you will be better soon.

On a personal level I would like that the cancer treatment will work and give me some remission which in turn will help my husband. Despite having PTSD he has coped with the past year so well and has been there for me all the time taking over all the chores in the house. Also if I am feeling better we will be able toget out more and come to see the family.
I also wish for better health for everyone suffering on GN and that we are all here in 2021.

I

Jacks1 Wed 01-Jan-20 22:01:15

All I want is continuing love from my children and grandchildren

123kitty Wed 01-Jan-20 21:52:48

I hope all of us wishing for good health are being proactive and doing all we can to help ourselves achieve this wish for 2020.

Happiyogi Wed 01-Jan-20 19:54:48

I wish I had a large magic wand in good working order so that I could grant everyone's wishes with a big flourish.

For myself I wish better health and a happy resolution to some long standing difficult circumstances. Soonish, please!

Fibrogran59 Wed 01-Jan-20 18:30:25

I am hoping that my mental health will improve, i have a serious mental health illness, but nobody to help or support me. I feel so scared and alone, despite having a husband, but he just avoids me and stays in a different room. My family just ignore my condition, thinking that if they don't mention it then it will go away. I also have several painful medical conditions, which means i need to use a mobility scooter, if my husband takes me shopping. Huge apologies that my first post is so depressing, but i have nobody at all that i can talk to to release my stress.

Merryweather Wed 01-Jan-20 18:12:33

A healthy baby boy.
A safe delivery.
Continued good healthy for my family.

Happy New Year everyone x

jenni123 Wed 01-Jan-20 17:36:42

I was admitted to the hospital today, hope for better health in 2020.

craftyone Wed 01-Jan-20 17:20:45

To remain healthy, so I can continue to be the rock of stablity. To be able to cycle my way through the next decade. To get better and better at my newest craft, so that I can pass on my skills to dgc. To make a good dent in my craft stashes and like Jillybird, I should be spending more money on myself, maybe via holidays but east west home`s best

BBbevan Wed 01-Jan-20 17:14:35

Free television licences for all over 75s

Antonia Wed 01-Jan-20 16:25:43

flowers 4allweknow Hope 2020 is kind to you.

CBBL Wed 01-Jan-20 16:23:13

Improved health for hubby and I
to see our house sold, so that we can move to Scotland (for health reasons, not political ones).
to see our friends and relatives having happy lives without too much stress.
to see the latest Government make good on their promises
Peace for all warring countries.

HannahLoisLuke Wed 01-Jan-20 14:32:30

For the world to find the answer to climate change and to reverse the damage.
Wishful thinking?

Jillybird Wed 01-Jan-20 14:13:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

grannyactivist Wed 01-Jan-20 13:12:36

Being realistic I’m not going to hope for world peace, but I do plan to be a peacemaker as much as I’m able. I hope to add an additional caseworker to my (homelessness workers) team, but also that homelessness is genuinely tackled as this new government has said it is going to be.

On a personal level I’m hoping to get through this year without another major health problem, that decisions about my husband’s work situation have a good outcome and that my children’s relationships continue flourish.

Life is full of ups and downs so I would like to meet difficulties with fortitude and embrace all that is good with a thankful heart.

jacig Wed 01-Jan-20 13:03:15

Sorry grandson wanted to help and I didn't check before sending. It's not a secret code???

4allweknow Wed 01-Jan-20 13:01:55

I am hoping the hurt of my daughter dying in 2019 eases so that I don't find myself in tears at the most unexpected time. Also that my husband's cancer continues to be manageable.

jacig Wed 01-Jan-20 13:01:38

I wish that all G/parents who have been denied their G/children will have the access, to spoil, play with and love these children.
32ddddddddddqq'

blueskies Wed 01-Jan-20 12:48:21

I will strive to do everything I can to get rid of this cruel government. I want to see the end of our people sleeping on the streets, our children no longer going hungry and living in poverty, our NHS back in our hands where it belongs and our elderly cared for with dignity. I wish also that we address the nightmare of climate change. This won't happen while people listen to and internalise mainstrean media. Along with other elders I hope to communicate information by community action and really take power back into our own hands. Now, please excuse me while I prepare lunch. Happy New Year to all.

Patticake123 Wed 01-Jan-20 12:30:48

Good health for me and my loved ones is always my first wish for a new year, for what is ever more important than health?
I would also love to see our society coming together and an effort by the whole world to stop the destruction of our beautiful planet.

Lupin Wed 01-Jan-20 12:24:06

Health to continue improving and to get back to walking as I used to.
For my family and friends to enjoy good health and success in their lives.
For a more settled political situation for us all - everywhere- no wars and conflicts.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 01-Jan-20 12:12:48

I'd like world peace. My fairly good health to continue.
I'm looking forward to getting my dental implants at long last and hope that all goes well.
A large Lotto win wouldn't come amiss.

Rufus2 Wed 01-Jan-20 11:59:26

Looking forward to wishing you a Very Happy New Year for 2021'
OoRoo smile

Annaram1 Wed 01-Jan-20 11:54:29

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL GRANS EVERYWHERE! Good health and happiness to all our families and friends also.
May Brexit go our way.
May there be peace in the world.
May the fires in Australia and elsewhere be put out.