Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Staurday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Sat 11-Jan-20 06:16:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley this morning.
An easy day going on the buses to Buckingham ,and Bicester this will alter next week.
hoping flea market is on in Buckingham ,and just have coffees etc whilst out.
Mick

Beechnut Sat 11-Jan-20 06:43:35

Good Morning Mick and all who follow. Dark and damp outside as usual.

I shall go and do the small shop I intended to do yesterday and maybe watch Gardeners World again this afternoon.

Good wishes to you all and hope you all have a lovely weekend ?

Resurgam123 Sat 11-Jan-20 07:02:34

Good Morning All. Well I am still in bed and I am tapping away with on my tablet. It is far too early and I cant get comfortable. I will be cold down stairs .
I am feeling thoughly fed up and my back is aching, So to put it bluntly I feel really awful. I will be better sitting.
up downstairs.
A cup of tea is needed. It might just help.

12Michael Sat 11-Jan-20 07:14:03

Just noticed my error in spelling Saturday .
Mick

ninathenana Sat 11-Jan-20 07:22:54

Morning all.

No idea of the weather as I'm still in bed. I just wanted to post here as I haven't managed it for a few days, as been getting up late.
Doubt anyone noticed though.
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Sat 11-Jan-20 07:23:58

Morning Mick and All.

Still dark in South Bucks. Roll on the Spring.

Sorry to hear you are unwell Resurg any chance you can knock back a few painkillers to ease your back ? I bought myself for £10 a lovely soft rug from Dunelm which I have rolled up by my chair downstairs. Perhaps if you got yourself something similar and tucked yourself up in it with a cuppa you might feel better. ?

Friend coming for coffee as I am still coughing quietly in the background, but not complaining as I am stacks better.

kittylester Sat 11-Jan-20 07:32:57

Morning all from a very dark North Leicestershire.

Up to give dh a nice breakfast before 9am as he has a gastroscopy at 3pm.

I need to take a parcel to the post before lunch and then start packing for our few days away.

I thought I hadn't seen you nina!

Resurgam, kate has a good suggestion.

Enjoy your says everyone.

vena11 Sat 11-Jan-20 07:34:05

Good morning Mick and everyone who follow.
I am up early this morning ,I am going to my DD near Wolverhampton to spend the night.
I hope everyone has a restful Saturday .

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 11-Jan-20 07:36:45

Good morning from east London, dark, dry and cloudy. The mornings seem to be slower than the afternoons with regard to the light pulling out. Just been watching the doubles match at the ATP semi final; enthralling stuff as I like the tactics of doubles. Today is an O&S sort of day, more admin. stuff, maybe a bit of shopping and definitely a walk. Time for a another cup of tea, all this watching people running around is making me thirsty. Have a good day.

Pantglas2 Sat 11-Jan-20 07:39:34

Morning all from sunny Spain where I’m still in bed Ninathenana as well, enjoying my chamberpot of tea.

There are days when I’m up and off out, too early to post and others when I’ve slept in and by the time I’ve shifted myself its turned noon! Seems daft wishing folks good morning then, doesn’t it!

Nothing planned today but will be having Spanish pork casserole with mash potatoes this evening with a puddle of lovely peppery organic olive oil I bought from a friend on Thursday- it’s delicious!

Have a good weekend everyone x

Grammaretto Sat 11-Jan-20 07:42:18

Good Morning from the Scottish Borders where it has been keeping up a storm all night. Dark and wet outdoors.
I think we have a roof leak which will need investigating a bucket clothes on the floordrobe were wet.

ninathenana I just post later when I get up late.

Usual cafe for me but still no cake baking until my oven gets fixed which will be good for my dieting if nothing else.
I have a new bright light in my workshop which shows up the dirt.
DH is unwell so I'll be making the porridge.

I hope all those of you who are struggling get some let up this weekend.

cornergran Sat 11-Jan-20 07:47:21

Morning Mick, morning All. Dark and dry in our corner of Somerset. Grandchild taxi today so off early to do what we need to first. Of course we noticed nina, hope all goes well for your husband kitty, the thought of a gastroscopy sends shivers down my spine. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone and you are more comfortable soon resurgam.

Marydoll Sat 11-Jan-20 07:49:27

Good morning Mick and all, it's still really dark here in Glasgow, so not quite sure what the weather is like.
However, I do know it is 12C, which is a surprise!

I'm planning on an easy day, a little baking perhaps.

Resurgam123, I had physio on my hip and back on Monday and the advice is to get up and moving about. I woke up in agony this morning , but now that I'm trying to move about, it is a little easier. It can be so debillitating and mood lowering, so I hope you can get some relief.
I find a microwave heat bag or TENS machine offers some relief.

Kate, I'm glad to hear you are improving and venall, enjoy your time with your family.
I hope all goes well for your husband, Kitty.

Hoping that those who are unwell are feeling a bit better.
Have a good Saturday.

Brunette10 Sat 11-Jan-20 07:53:50

Good Morning from a very dark, windy and rainy Fife, it's just awful outside. No plans for today but may go out to a rather large shop I enjoy visiting. No other plans but shall wait and see. I don't like this time of year at all. Hope today is good to all and of course thinking of those who are feeling a bit poorly.

Casablanca62 Sat 11-Jan-20 08:04:07

Good morning from darkest Birmingham! I am off to the gym for 8.30am. Trying to stave off the ravages of increasing age. Decided to follow the couch to 5K programme that I found on Gransnet last week. Am only on week 1, but optimistic!

NannyJan53 Sat 11-Jan-20 08:19:30

Good Morning from a dull and cloudy Black Country. Although yesterday turned out very sunny with a cloudless sky

Popped to Merry Hill shopping centre on the bus yesterday, and bought some new walking boots which were half price! My others were leaking!

Today, we have no plans but to put all boxed decorations back in the loft and food shopping.

Are you new Casablanca12 if so, welcome to GN and this good morning thread. We sometimes have GN meets in Birmingham.

Glad you are feeling better NanKate, I still have the cough too.

Wishing that all goes well for your DH today Kitty. My partner has had the same procedure and said it wasn't too bad.

Hope you are feeling better soon Resurgam also Marydoll. I feel a bit of baking coming on too smile

Hoping gilly has managed to get someone to sort our her tooth, it seems to be dragging on too long now.

Marydoll Sat 11-Jan-20 08:19:35

Welcome Casablanca62, you will find this is a nice, gentle thread to begin with!

Bellasnana Sat 11-Jan-20 08:28:19

Good morning from Malta where it is chilly and cloudy but with some blue sky peeping through. Not enough to make a pair of sailor’s trousers though.

ninathenana I know what you mean, but you’d be surprised how many people do notice your absence. I was quite cheered up, after a long spell of not posting, to have kind people commenting on my return.

Off to the care home today, had to cancel at the last minute on Weds because the friend who goes with me was not well. We need two of us to take our 90 year old pal out for coffee as she’s in a wheelchair and not very steady on her legs at all.

Had a lovely dinner out last night with my friend who has got cancer. She had seen the oncologist yesterday and was very happy to hear that her results show the chemo has been doing it’s stuff. She knows it is not curable, but for now it is treatable so we celebrated the good news.

Have a good day all, and best of luck to your DH kitty. sunshine

harrigran Sat 11-Jan-20 08:32:05

Good morning from the NE wheree it is 10 degrees but we have had gale force winds all night.
Yesterday a tree fell on the road around our estate and stopped all traffic as they had to call for the men with chainsaws. There is a business park close by and staff park all the way round this approach road, one car was completely under the tree and I would think several others would be damaged. They would get a shock when they returned to their cars after work.
DH and I are going out for lunch to an upmarket restaurant, after a week or two of treating the family we are going to think of ourselves. I just hope it is safe driving in the countryside with this wind.
Thinking of all those who are poorly.

Nanabanana1 Sat 11-Jan-20 08:34:28

Morning all from windy and damp Torbay
Hoping to start painting the outside of the garage today, not looking forward to it but it’s got to be done ?.
Wishing everyone a good day.

BlueSapphire Sat 11-Jan-20 08:36:13

Good morning from a very windy Northampton. I have slept in this morning, woke at 10 past 6, turned over and the next thing I knew it was 8 o'clock!
Just sitting with my cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit and listening to radio 5 breakfast show which I really like at the weekend.

My new cloakroom is nearly finished, just the tiling behind the washbasin to do, and towel ring etc to attach. The workmen will be back on Monday to finish off, and one or two other little jobs to do, like replace the sealant in the en-suite shower. It looks very bare in the cloakroom at the moment so I need to find a nice bit of artwork for the walls.

A trip to Sainsbury's later on this morning for a few things and a coffee, then will probably watch some rugby on tv this afternoon while reading the Saturday paper.

Hoping that the day goes well for all.

Pittcity Sat 11-Jan-20 08:42:10

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester.
Lazy day today. Hope to get to the cinema to see 1917 later.

gillybob Sat 11-Jan-20 08:46:19

Good morning from the NE coast where (as Harri said above) we have gale force winds although it is quite mild for the time of year.

A huge plant pot has blown over in the night and has smashed clean in half . Not sure what I can do ? It contains a huge 6ft plus, Cordyline palm tree and is far too big and heavy for me to move on my own, besides I’m not sure where I will get a pot big enough locally at this time of year. I will be upset to lose it and the roots are all exposed. Grrrrr

Tooth (well more my nose) still driving me nuts, DH still full of flu and in a lot of pain from the bladder stone, DS a little better but been referred to BP clinic. I really wish I could get him some proper help for his anxiety but it’s so expensive privately and almost non existent on the NHS.

Thinking of all those who are sad, poorly or just a bit feeling under the weather . Hope to see some sunshine very soon.

Going to relax with cuppa number 3 and enjoy reading the entire thread now. smile

Love Gillybob xx

Mommawolf Sat 11-Jan-20 08:46:56

Goodmorning all from cold damp Norfolk. Stood in the garden for a hour last night with my neighbour watching the moon, very cold. The men chickened out and went inside for a beer. Quiet baking day the freezer is looking a little fuller after last bake today should finish the top up. Hope you soon feel better REȘURGAM. Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Sat 11-Jan-20 08:47:56

Gosh - been asleep for 10 hours solid - snug as a bug in a rug!

Good morning everyone from Malaga. We arrived at 8pm last night. It’s lovely to be back. I can hear our neighbours next door - they come from Bradford - I wanted to surprise them by our arrival. Doubtless we shall all catch up properly sometime over the weekend!

Sun’s up and I think the forecast is for 19°C today so we will definitely go out for a stroll this afternoon along the paseo. The sea is shimmering in the sun and I love to walk along beside it. I could sit and watch the waves for hours.

Hope Saturday (I didn’t even notice the incorrect spelling Mick!) is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none. x