Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Staurday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Sat 11-Jan-20 06:16:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley this morning.
An easy day going on the buses to Buckingham ,and Bicester this will alter next week.
hoping flea market is on in Buckingham ,and just have coffees etc whilst out.
Mick

Alygran Sat 11-Jan-20 08:56:51

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s grey but dry here this morning.
The moon was spectacular at sunset yesterday when I was out and about. Unfortunately I didn’t have my phone to capture a pic.
Nothing much on today so catch up on some admin and read my book. Wishing you all a good day.

Anniebach Sat 11-Jan-20 08:57:38

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gillybob Sat 11-Jan-20 08:57:49

I bet you felt wonderful waking up this morning, back in your beloved Malaga. I hope you enjoy every minute Urmstongran .

I love to walk along the beach too although the North Sea is not quite the same and it’s very wild today .smile]

Grammaretto Sat 11-Jan-20 08:57:55

Gilly Can you, or someone else preferably, transfer the tree into a plastic bucket as a temporary solution?. I have a rowan growing in a black plastic dustbin, with drainage holes drilled , or rather poked, in the sides near the base. Mine seems permanent now.

oldgaijin Sat 11-Jan-20 09:01:16

Good morning from a dreich Aberdeenshire, though it is not cold.
Had a really good sleep, probably because I topped up the morphine about 4.00pm and even the mutt is still snoozing as he knows how to find the warm patch from the hottie.

May start sewing some little dog jackets today as the old ones are a bit thin...they do keep the boy clean when he chases through the mud.

Have a good day.

gillybob Sat 11-Jan-20 09:03:54

Oh thank you for responding Grammaretto the pot is huge so not sure I could find a bucket big enough. Although a dustbin might do the trick for now. It is very heavy (and tall) so impossible for me to manoeuvre on my own. Sadly no help available at the moment . Might just see if I can wrap some black sacks around the base as it seems to be intact at the moment , a bit of heavy rain would see it off I think . I would hate to lose it as we bought it when it was just tiny when we had the static caravan many years ago . It was one of the only things I got to keep so it has a very special place in my heart.

Thank you again . smile

Susan56 Sat 11-Jan-20 09:18:18

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.A very blustery day today.
Didn’t have a good night as DH still unwell but he’s sleeping now so hopefully there will be some improvement when he wakes??
Am going to make a start on sorting the conservatory/grotto out today.Its my favourite place to sit so am hoping to get it all sorted by the end of the weekend.
Resurgam,the stick on heat patches are quite effective too and also I saw a lovely back support cushion advertised in Dunelm.
Mary,Ellan and all unwell hope you are continuing to improve.
Anxiety is so debilitating gilly,I really hope your son can get some help to deal with it.Also hoping you and your husband have a better day.Sending love.x

conor Sat 11-Jan-20 09:32:40

Good morrning from a grey, windy Essex. Must get the bedding on the line to blow dry. The moon was spectacular last night, well worth a photo. Had a lovely dinner, something new for me. Stand and stuff tacos with crispy chicken. Very easy to do and will have the rest if the packet tonight. Housework and tidying clutter away today and DD will pop in after work. Hope everyone has a good day, especially those in the 'real' sunshine?xxx

Harris27 Sat 11-Jan-20 09:36:16

As gilly mentioned real gale force winds here in the ne. Apart from the husbands perpetual snoring had. A real bad night. He’s got up in early hours to go to work refreshed!anyone got ideas for me about this I’m going to work half asleep! This has reoccurred since him having a cold but driving me mad! Well I must get up soon as plenty to do!, thinking of all of you with real problems and unwell.?

Ginny42 Sat 11-Jan-20 09:47:15

Morning everyone! I'm late as I was awake for about three hours in the night. Half the day gone already and now I'm chasing my tail.

It's a grim looking sky and the trees in the woods are bending. Not very inviting this morning but the neighbours are going walking and I ought to go. Got the hairdresser later and will make a start on a spring clean I think. Looking for a company to clean the carpets throughout but not found one yet.

Take care all who are sick or tending the sick. flowers

Mommawolf Sat 11-Jan-20 10:29:07

GILLYBOB if you are stuck for help a look at your local age concern volunteer list might help they have lots of strong men who could help, or have you a good neighbour scheme or similar in your area. DH is oftan called upon to help with such things. Maybe it could go into the ground now. We wrap ours in bubble wrap in winter to protect fron wind and frost.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 11-Jan-20 10:29:17

Good morning from a wild but mild north. Having an attempt at veganuary, not for any real reason except to try new recipes. January tends to be such a long dark month so making a temporary change just out of interest. gillybob daft idea but could you duct tape the pot, rolling it around as you do it and then lever it up with the help of a known passerby. In our little town, people are amazingly helpful if asked, especially as it is Saturday and folk may not be rushing to work. I am a real improviser. Otherwise, wrap the plant roots up for now and get your sister to give you a hand. The palm won’t die suddenly. I am having orange juice for my elevenses as I am full of the cold. Off to see what channel the ATP tennis is on,

moggie Sat 11-Jan-20 10:30:54

Good morning Mick & all from windy, grey Nottingham.
Hairdressers this afternoon & out for meal this evening, annual get together of DH & DS tennis friends.
Welcome Casablanca62
Heat pads or hottie bottle & TENS are good for backache Resurgam
Best wishes to your DH Kitty
Hope you manage to rescue your lovely tree Gillybob
Hope all not well or struggling have s better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Resurgam123 Sat 11-Jan-20 10:45:22

Does anyone else get their posts intruded on what was their post.
This really annoys me as sometimes the whole post has been lost and another completely buts in.

EllanVannin Sat 11-Jan-20 10:49:00

Good Morning All x

It was lovely first thing if a little breezy but the clouds have gathered now so it's getting darker and more threatening.
I don't plan on going far as there's nothing I need, using up my stash from the freezer.

Still choking now and again and I've used an awful lot of toilet rolls this past couple of weeks, at least they can be flushed. It's the worst I've ever felt and to be honest I didn't think I'd come through it but I have. There's a lot to be said for having had a good diet if you can manage it.

Urmstongran's break reminds me of when friend and I used to fly off for the month of March ( Southern Spain ) and take in all the tours available there, beautiful memories. Enjoy.

Thinking of those who have appointments, lurgies of some kind and those who feel out of sorts generally.
Nothing worse than having bad nights Susan as there doesn't seem to be an end to the darkness. Yours and Gillybob's DH would be better staying in bed, resting and staying warm. xx

Everyone look after yourselves and enjoy the day----it's getting that bit lighter each evening, hooray.

Kalu Sat 11-Jan-20 11:46:06

Good late morning from a very wet Glasgow.

With the lurgy finally gone and DH progressing I went back out to the mad world yesterday. Nothing exciting but I did enjoy a wander round our local Waitrose picking up some treats plus stocking up on their frozen croissants and pain au chocolat. They are the most authentic pattiserie I have tasted outside of France?

DH is finally making progress Susan56. Sleep is a good healer in many cases. Hoping your DH is feeling a bit of improvement today. Don’t over do it organising your conservatory but I know exactly what you mean, having that special place to sit and switch off. Bliss

The bubble wrap sounds like the perfect solution for your corny line at the moment gilly?. Isn’t it so frustrating no longer having the strength to just get on with things yourself. I ended up buying a trolly to move pots around as I’m not very good at asking for help, still trying to stay stubbornly indépendant ?. Hope you both have a good weekend.

Hope all have a good day and a better day for those of you with struggles to deal with.

Kalu Sat 11-Jan-20 11:50:27

Corny line??......Cordyline

MawB Sat 11-Jan-20 12:04:10

Does anyone else get their posts intruded on what was their post.
This really annoys me as sometimes the whole post has been lost and another completely buts in
I am sorry somebody has upset you Resurgam I am sure it was only a misunderstanding?