Gransnet forums

Chat

Perfume

(62 Posts)
Hildagard Wed 15-Jan-20 10:03:05

Just a random question How often do you wear perfume? I realised that though I have a bottle of very nice perfume, I only put it on when I am going out of an evening! It’s going to last for ever, so a late resolution I will wear it every day , put it on when I clean my teeth!

annep1 Wed 15-Jan-20 17:25:30

Yes Janipat, mine's mostly eau de parfum.

annep1 Wed 15-Jan-20 17:24:14

I must try that JenniferEccles I love rose scent.

janipat Wed 15-Jan-20 17:07:30

Judy54 I imagine a few of us refer to perfume when we actually use eau de toilette or eau de parfum rather than the pure perfume.

H1954 Wed 15-Jan-20 17:05:54

Every day now! Couldn't wear it at work due to possible contact with patients with allergies, etc etc. So, since I retired I wear it when I want to!

nonnasusie Wed 15-Jan-20 16:59:28

Same here Judy54!

Judy54 Wed 15-Jan-20 16:43:04

Prefer Eau de toilette find perfume to strong. Use it quite a lot in the winter but never in the Summer as it seems to attract the mosquitoes who love to bite me!

Millie22 Wed 15-Jan-20 16:06:11

My hair protection spray has now become my perfume as the perfume I wear seems to have been discontinued. I've had many compliments and it's much cheaper!!

chicken Wed 15-Jan-20 15:47:18

JenniferEccles----Paul Smith does a true rose scent called ( you guessed it!)---Rose. L'Occitane also does one.

janipat Wed 15-Jan-20 15:26:01

kittylester someone told me years ago to spray a little on your hair. She said how smells do seem to cling to your hair (and I suppose clothes like you were told). Seems to work.

merlotgran Wed 15-Jan-20 14:57:28

I spray it on the neck of whatever top I'm wearing otherwise it seems to disappear.

My jumper drawer smells lovely. grin

Opal Wed 15-Jan-20 14:54:30

Every day, couldn't be without it.

kittylester Wed 15-Jan-20 14:50:34

Every day. I have used the same on for years and feel it is my signature. ann, perfume no longer stays on me so I was advised to spray it on my clothes. That works for me!

J52 Wed 15-Jan-20 14:16:18

Every day, although I do like to wear different ones for summer and winter, also more sophisticated scents for special occasions. There’s no point not using them and keeping them for special occasions.
I always store them in the original box.

Maggiemaybe Wed 15-Jan-20 13:31:30

Spraying on perfume is as much part of my routine as brushing my teeth. Even if I’m staying in and clearing the cellar (which is what I’m supposed to be doing right now grin).

SueDonim Wed 15-Jan-20 13:31:21

I wear perfume whenever I go out. I have different summer and winter perfumes. At the moment I’ve got the modern version of Opium and it’s lovely.

JenniferEccles, have you tried Chloe in their rose version? My son gave me some and it’s lovely. It’s light and not an old fashioned rose scent. www.johnlewis.com/chlo-roses-de-chlo-eau-de-toilette/p619530

SueD Wed 15-Jan-20 13:29:15

Every day. A light one for daily use and a heavier perfume if I'm going out.

GrandmaJan Wed 15-Jan-20 13:15:26

Hildagard I was told it’s up to 5 years if stored out of sunlight

MerylStreep Wed 15-Jan-20 13:15:11

Hildagard
When it smells rank ?

Hildagard Wed 15-Jan-20 13:09:55

Still on the same subject, how long can you keep perfume?

annep1 Wed 15-Jan-20 12:36:33

Every day. I have about six to choose from. Two are my mum's favourites. And one reminds me of being young if I'm feeling nostalgic. Other than that just the scent.

JenniferEccles Wed 15-Jan-20 12:33:14

I think we all need to be aware that we get used to certain smells including perfume, so the temptation is to put more and more on.

The problem then of course is that others recoil from the strong smell as I often do when I come across a strong aroma!

I only wear it when I go out somewhere special.

At the moment I am searching for a rose scented one if anyone has any suggestions.

Hildagard Wed 15-Jan-20 12:24:40

Looks like my new regime is long overdue!

harrigran Wed 15-Jan-20 11:07:33

Part of the daily routine, moisturise and then spray perfume. If I go out during the day I may spray a little more before leaving the house.
I too have noticed that perfume does not seem to last as long on the skin, maybe it is just me and others can smell it. I use a lot of Jo Malone and it used to linger for ages.

jusnoneed Wed 15-Jan-20 11:07:31

Very rarely these days, never even think of putting any on.
I think I find a lot of them smell so strong, often going round the supermarket you get this smack of someones heavy perfume.
I don't like strong smelling things as I get older - hate smelly candles for instance, even rush past them in the shops.

Teetime Wed 15-Jan-20 10:59:24

Every day - perks me up and I like to smell nice.