Gransnet forums

Chat

Perfume

(61 Posts)
JessK Wed 15-Jan-20 10:38:35

Like others - every day. I wouldn't feel ready to face the world without it.

NanaandGrampy Wed 15-Jan-20 10:23:27

I wear perfume every day, as soon as I’ve cleaned my teeth I spray it on. I don’t bother with make up mostly but perfume is a must ?

NotSpaghetti Wed 15-Jan-20 10:18:43

Almost every day... but I do need several so that I can choose which one!

janipat Wed 15-Jan-20 10:16:09

I have worn perfume practically every day of my life since I was about 14. The first ones were Avon given to me at Christmas and birthday by my grandmother and aunts. Even at school friends would comment how I always smelled nice. My tastes have changed since those early days, but I still get compliments on my perfumes. I think the secret is to use a little not bathe in the stuff! It's just part of my morning routine, something I don't even think about.

Nico97 Wed 15-Jan-20 10:15:45

Every day as part of hair and make up routine.

grannysue05 Wed 15-Jan-20 10:15:40

Yes...every day. It is part of getting dressed. Brush hair, spray on my favourite perfume of the moment (not too much!).
I feel odd without it. It just feels good to smell nice.

annsixty Wed 15-Jan-20 10:12:59

I love perfume but am now very aware that it doesn’t stay on me.
I wonder if this happens at a certain age as it never used to.
Perhaps with older skin the oil dries out and that is needed to mix with the scent to bring it out.
I really regret it but am saving money!!

ladymuck Wed 15-Jan-20 10:10:52

I love 4711. Old-fashioned, I know, but it's a light refreshing fragrance. I use it all the time, and spray it on my hankies and underwear.

LadyGracie Wed 15-Jan-20 10:08:38

I use it when I go out, even to go shopping, part of my routine, bit of make up, brush hair, little spray of perfume.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 15-Jan-20 10:04:30

I use perfume/fragrance every day, put it on automatically.

Hildagard Wed 15-Jan-20 10:03:05

Just a random question How often do you wear perfume? I realised that though I have a bottle of very nice perfume, I only put it on when I am going out of an evening! It’s going to last for ever, so a late resolution I will wear it every day , put it on when I clean my teeth!