Gransnet forums

Chat

Catherine and William versus Meghan and Harry

(55 Posts)
Artdecogran Thu 16-Jan-20 12:34:41

Looking at the latest visits for Catherine and William where they seemed to be there to learn about the groups they were visiting and to give support and praise and NOT talk about themselves; versus Meghan’s two visits which seemed to have been used to show how benevolent she is and to further lecture the ‘needy’. The 2 groups didn’t ask for a visit so if they weren’t seeking help why did she go? I had great sympathy for her but by going out on the publicity trail so soon after the Sandringham meeting, it makes me feel she’s sticking 2 fingers up to the RF, saying look I am needed over here, I can’t be bothered to do it in the UK but I can in Canada. Also I found it interesting she didn’t need to hold Harry’s hand in order to get through the visit. As per my previous post I still do feel sorry for Harry, but I have lost all sympathy for Meghan.

sparkii Sat 18-Jan-20 18:24:22

I foresee they will have another baby, and a grand life and the RF will go doen the pan. Oh and bitter old bats will still be here moaning.

Anniebach Sat 18-Jan-20 18:31:22

I have no idea what will happen , the monarchy will continue, but the marriage of H & M ? It will continue if he doesn’t get
fed up of being her manager andPR spokesperson.

trisher Sat 18-Jan-20 18:43:32

Given the history of marriages in the RF it isn't just H&M who won't last. Apart from E&P there haven't been many long lasting ones. Sophie and Edward is the only one of that generation.
I think it's interesting to consider the role of women. Kate married and totally committed herself to the RF. Very much the dutiful wife. MM tried but didn't like it and wants to do things differently be a bit independent, for which she must be castigated.

eazybee Sat 18-Jan-20 19:17:08

MM and her husband are castigated, not for doing things differently, but for turning their backs on the role prescribed by the family and country which provides their income, and which they think will continue to facilitate their lavish lifestyle with nothing in return.

MM is most definitely not an independent woman; she looks for others to pay the bills.

I think that is why so many of us truly independent women are so furious.