Gransnet forums

Chat

Gwynneth Paltrow's vagina scented candle

(87 Posts)
Dinahmo Fri 17-Jan-20 00:27:59

If you need a good laugh the Hadley Freeman column in the Guardian on Monday is about the various products that Paltrow's company Goop sells. Apparently the candle sells for £58 and, like something called sex dust, which also retails for a similar price, has sold out.

Cunco Sat 18-Jan-20 09:05:48

absent Purely for research purposes, I just had to check. The price quoted on e-bay for this candle (now sold out) was over 400 Australian Dollars (or £231 if I have calculated correctly). So, those quick enough to buy stock early can now cash in. Maybe not so foolish!

There is an old stock market adage that some sardines are for eating and some are for trading. These are definitely for trading. Old socks and underwear? Recycling I think. smile

annodomini Sat 18-Jan-20 09:39:27

My first reaction when I saw this piece of non-news was to wonder how flexible she must be to be able to sniff her own undercarriage. grin

alanginsberg Sat 18-Jan-20 09:54:44

could attract unwanted visitors ?

POGS Sat 18-Jan-20 11:38:09

This thread has made me laugh, thanks.

Can't wait for the Paltrow air freshener range fragrances to come out. confused

grannyrebel7 Sat 18-Jan-20 22:54:45

You can understand why Chris Martin "conciously uncoupled" himself from her!

morethan2 Sat 18-Jan-20 23:23:17

paperbackwriter you’ve made my day

tiredoldwoman Sun 19-Jan-20 06:57:37

Well, everyday's a school day , Flowerofthewest ! I looked up sweaty candles and GP isn't the only one who's doing this !

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 19-Jan-20 07:59:38

There has also been a breast milk scented candle available from the Wellcome collection (£45, large size), to go with the sculpture you can sniff in the Being Human gallery. Just hope there’s not a smelly feet one.

tiredoldwoman Sun 19-Jan-20 09:18:52

When my daughter was small she used to love running ahead of me when shopping to get the things we needed . One day she ran back shouting ' I've got your pee pee tights ' ( they were of course Pretty Polly ( PP ). Maybe she was on to something ?
What next - ' dirty nappy on coal fire ' ?

Luckygirl Sun 19-Jan-20 15:16:50

Dos this candle smell specifically of her vagina or is it a generic vagina? At that price I would want it to be hers! grin

tessagee Sun 19-Jan-20 15:18:03

I haven't got further than reading the first page of comments to this post because I simply can't stop laughing. Thank you Gwynneth, I didn't know you were now into comedy!