Gransnet forums

Chat

Who will take up the slack now Harry’s gone.

(30 Posts)
Artdecogran Sat 18-Jan-20 21:56:45

This evening’s announcement has made me think of who will take up the slack for the RF now. Prince Charles is elderly and is already busy taking over from his mother and his own duties. William and Catherine are busy as well as having a young family and maybe having other children in the future. Something would have to give so presumably it would be the number of visits to open hospitals or meet and greets. The military positions that Harry holds would have to go to William I presume. Slimming down the RF is all very well when you have the number of family members to carry the duties but now Harry has gone and Andrew is in disgrace is there enough RF left to carry on as before. I feel very sorry for William in particular that he has to carry more duties than before. I think that the RF’s modernisation has come much sooner than anyone expected, it will be very interesting to see what happens in the next few years.

Callistemon Sun 19-Jan-20 10:17:46

Why the US Kittye?

I hope you weren't thinking we would have a redundant US President touting for the job.
He hasn't got dual Scottish nationality has he?
First president of Scotland after their independence perhaps?

JenniferEccles Sun 19-Jan-20 11:10:44

I presume Meghan is aware of the fuss about Trudeau blacking up in the past and the enormous fuss and hand wringing which ensued?

Kittye Sun 19-Jan-20 11:11:53

Callistemon Just first place I thought of that has a President... it was tongue in cheek ! ?

Callistemon Sun 19-Jan-20 18:05:34

Kittye thank goodness!

Anyway, we would want a non political president.
The other kind are far too much bother.