Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Sun 19-Jan-20 06:13:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its cold outside think we may had a minus zero drop last night.
But nice to see the ground frost yesterday, and iced up bus shelter windows.
Yesterdays day out was good , the stall holder I see at the flea market in Buckingham, had promised me she would look for the items I want soon.
An enjoyable and social day on the local bus route into Buckingham ,where I have got to meet passengers over the last 3 years , and enjoy conversation.
Need to get weight down again with diabetes.
Mick

Megs36 Sun 19-Jan-20 17:30:35

Marydoll.....what I said......

Marydoll Sun 19-Jan-20 18:09:34

Read your definition and added information about the suggested original source Megs36 ?

Megs36 Sun 19-Jan-20 18:17:45

If you’d been listening to steam radio in the fifties you’d have known all that but I guess you were still in nursery school, if there was such a thing then.....

Marydoll Sun 19-Jan-20 18:23:56

Actually I remember the Goons very well! My father was a fan.

I'm just very interested in the origins of words, so I looked it up .
I was agreeing with you, it wasn't a criticism, just in case you thought it was.

Resurgam123 Sun 19-Jan-20 21:56:20

Another Goon show fan in my family in the 1950s and lots of other BBC shows as well. BBC radio is still excellent. In its comedy and general information.

Resurgam123 Mon 20-Jan-20 15:31:40

I have missed a lot of todays posts as my tablet was low on power then I went out.
It has been a good day but my feet are getting cold as is most of the rest of me.
Time for a warm up.

Marydoll Mon 20-Jan-20 16:00:39

Resurgam123, you are on Sunday's thread, if you click on this link
www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1272140-Good-Morning-Monday. You will be able to catch up on today's news.