Gransnet forums

Chat

Mother that keeps on giving

(79 Posts)
Dec46 Tue 28-Jan-20 16:35:02

When my mum was alive she always gave me lovely presents on my Birthday and Christmas time so since she died,nearly 10 years ago, I have bought myself a special present on those days and pretend it's from her.
This Christmas she gave me a lovely heated fur throw and today I'm snuggled up on the sofa with it wrapped around me and it reminds me of her.
Do you have any special things you do to remind you of past loved ones?

Magrithea Thu 30-Jan-20 17:36:03

I have my grandma's engagement ring - a gold band with 3 small sapphires set in as the centre of flowers with the central one having seed pearl 'petals'. It's hallmarked for Birmingham 1912 so it was someone else's before it came to her. I wear it every day!

Chipharris Fri 31-Jan-20 08:29:05

Dec46 I think you idea of buying something special for yourself on your birthdays/Christmas and imagining it’s from your mom is a lovely idea. Especially a heated throw. What lovelier way of remembering someone so dear to you than to feel her giving you a virtual hug each time you use it. Brought a tear to my eye ?

Chipharris Fri 31-Jan-20 08:35:15

Annodomino I too have my late moms wooden spoon. I’ve used it for over 30 years. It’s bent to one side but strangely it fits into my hand perfectly?