Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Fri 31-Jan-20 06:11:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in Brackley at the present moment.
Today, basic shopping essentials , and then have a easy day at home .
Nothing planned other than feet up, Tv etc.
Mick

Greyduster Fri 31-Jan-20 09:27:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sky can’t make it s mind up whether to clear or pull the clouds further across. We were to have lunch with a friend today but she has had to postpone it, so DH and I are having lunch out and then, hopefully, a walk to blow away the cobwebs.
Kind thoughts to all who are struggling. Have the best day you can.

Susan56 Fri 31-Jan-20 09:07:53

Gilly,crossed posts.I really hope this setback isn’t used as an excuse to delay your husbands surgery.Thinking of you both and sending strength and love.x

Susan56 Fri 31-Jan-20 09:06:14

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.
Mary,thank you for re posting oldgaijins message and NanKate a lovely idea,I shall buy some daffodils to put in the window today.Mommawolf,what a lovely tribute to oldgaijin.
Quiet day here.Like maw I will be recovering after a couple of days of childcare.
Hope your husband is improving gilly.?
Wishing everyone a good day.

Willynilly Fri 31-Jan-20 09:03:08

Good morning Mick et al. A sad day here I’m afraid. Yesterday an emotional meet up with a dear friend whose adult child died suddenly, and then a death in our extended family.
You can feel the weight of sadness here too, Oldgaijin and those who are suffering ill health or worries. At least we are kind to each other here. Many are so much worse off than ourselves. I’m grateful for who I have in my life and what I have around me.
Take care today folks and be kind to yourselves too x

gillybob Fri 31-Jan-20 09:02:09

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dry start to Friday. Quite mild too.

DH is still quite poorly in hospital with yet another round of infections . I would like to say that he is in the best place but have my doubts . I can’t help but feel that this set back is another perfect excuse to further delay the operation that has put him there in the first place but we shall see.

Like others have said OldGaijin has been on my mind a lot and I am so glad you thought to copy over her message Marydoll . I do so love daffodils and will treat myself to a bunch today and display them in honour of this very brave lady, our Good Morning friend .

I love your idea of the willow by the stream Mommawolf how beautiful smile

Off to “that place” in a few minutes for a couple of hours of hell, then straight to the hospital. DH isn’t in our local hospital but another one in the city centre, which takes a lot of getting to in the middle of the day.....and don’t get me started on the stress (and cost) of parking .

I hope Friday is kind to all of us.

Love Gillybob xx

vena11 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:59:28

Good morning from a dry Bristol.
I am just thinking about everyone and I hope you all have a good day.
Nothing much on today food shop in and house work up to date so maybe just a nice walk if it stays dry.
Take care everyone.

Anniebach Fri 31-Jan-20 08:56:32

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Bathsheba Fri 31-Jan-20 08:55:33

Another thanks here Marydoll for reposting Oldgaijin's post yesterday. I doubt many of us would otherwise have been aware of her goodbye, and that would have been terribly sad.

I keep thinking about her, imagining her waking up to another day with this burden of knowledge. I told my DD about her and we both had tears in our eyes. Oldgaijin, if you're reading this, please know that you are not alone - there are so many people who are holding you in their hearts and in their prayers as you journey on. Stay strong dear lady xx

Mommawolf Fri 31-Jan-20 08:46:16

A lovely thought NANKATE we have a small stream across the bottom meadow my friend has just suggested we find a small twisted willow at the garden centre to plant by the water.each year the catkins will pay tribute to a very brave lady.

Sar53 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:41:57

Good morning everyone from a dull Essex by the sea.
I too have been thinking about Oldgaijin and send my love.
Not a very exciting day here, food shopping this morning then we are off to a 50th party this evening, not sure I will know many people there.
Have a good day everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 31-Jan-20 08:38:16

Good morning from east London, dry, bit dull and mild here. Missed the posts yesterday as everything was focussed on BiL’s funeral,, which went as well as could be hoped, some lovely memories shared, meeting friends and family. Need to get moving as I need to go and hit a few tennis balls to set me up for the day.
Oldgaijin - peace and comfort to you and hope you see all the wonderful thoughts sent to you here.

dragonfly46 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:37:38

Yes Mary you absolutely did the right thing by reposting oldgaijin’s message. I am sure she meant to post it on the right thread.

Nortsat46 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:34:17

Good morning Mick and the GM team.

Mary I am so glad that you posted Oldgaijin’s message. It would have been awful if we hadn’t seen it and didn’t know.
She was in my thoughts several times, throughout the day yesterday. Lovely idea about the candles and flowers.

Oldgaijin your friend’s on GN are thinking of you and wishing you peace and serenity. I will raise a glass in your honour this evening. ?

I am waiting for a call from my GP and some adjustments to my meds ... then hoping for a better day.

Good thoughts to all, especially those facing challenges. ?

NannyJan53 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:28:36

I agree. You did the right thing Marydoll

Pantglas2 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:27:32

Morning Everyone from a damp and dull north Wales where I’ve been up to do my yoga exercises and fetch my chamberpot of tea.

Feel quite sad thinking about those unwell at the moment and others with serious health issues and hope today goes well for all with appointments/treatments etc.

It feels a little trivial to be mentioning coffee with a friend this morning and then some shopping, when others have so much more on their plates. I’ll just say thoughts are with you in your troubles x

Grammaretto Fri 31-Jan-20 08:23:16

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Gloomy here which matches my mood. I am sad about leaving Europe. My new passport arrived without the European label.

I am also sad that so many on here are suffering and Spring seems a long way off.
Yoga this morning so maybe that will cheer me up.
Have the best day you can.sad

NanKate Fri 31-Jan-20 08:15:08

Mary you absolutely did the right thing in reposting Oldgaijin’s last post to her GM friends. She obviously accidentally put it on the previous day’s post. She clearly wanted to say goodbye and you made it possible for us to see her message. Thank you ?

dragonfly46 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:06:54

Good morning from a dry and breezy Leicestershire.

I too woke up thinking of oldgaijin.
It is a sad day for many reasons.

I hope Gilly has some good news about her DH.

BlueSapphire Fri 31-Jan-20 08:02:49

Good morning everyone from Northampton where it is dull and grey.
Had a wonderful time at 'Swan Lake' on Wednesday; it was the first time I'd seen it and just lost myself completely in the wonderful dancing, music and costumes.
A visit to Sainsbury's this morning for my usual coffee and top-up shop, and perhaps a browse around Next! Then an afternoon in the warm with my book club book, Alias Grace. Curry tonight, my favourite dinner.
Bellasnana I can relate to the clothes in a warmer climate! During our first winter living in Cyprus we were in summer clothes; the next year it was jeans and jumpers; the next year it was jeans, jumpers and a warm jacket; didn't go into summer clothes till April!

Thinking about oldgaijin.

cornergran Fri 31-Jan-20 07:58:31

Definitely the right thing to do marydoll, please don’t worry. flowers.

Alygran Fri 31-Jan-20 07:56:28

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s just beginning to clear after overnight rain.
Food shopping this morning and a friend calling later for a signature on documents for her daughter’s divorce. Jazz club this evening.
Hope today is kind to everyone especially those weighed down by sadness and poor health.

ninathenana Fri 31-Jan-20 07:51:36

Good morning everyone.
Grey but fairly mild in Kent this morning.
New tumble dryer arriving at 9 am. My old one finally gave up the ghost. It was about 15 y.o. so can't complain.
Food shop later and haircut this afternoon.
Thoughts and prayers for all that need them.

Marydoll Fri 31-Jan-20 07:50:12

Good morning all from a very mild Glasgow, it's 10C already.

I had a very disturbed night with weird dreams and thoughts of oldaijin. I just couldn't stop thinking of her yesterday and how sudden her deterioration has been.
Reading her message in the wrong thread yesterday and agonising over whether I had done the right thing or not by reposting it, has left me very upset.

Collecting prescriptions today (with the expected, usual hassle) and not much else on, as my hospital adventure yesterday has left me extremely exhausted this morning.

Gillybob, please let us know you and your DH are getting on, we are all worrying a bout you. flowers

NannyJan53 Fri 31-Jan-20 07:47:52

Good Morning from a dry but increasingly cloudy Black Country.

A few jobs around the house this morning, then hairdresser appointment this afternoon. My hairdresser moved a couple of weeks ago. He used to have a mini salon at his house, but now he has rented a chair nearby. Hope I can find it! Then pop into Mums as she lives nearby.

Oldgaijin has been constantly in my thoughts. It is a good idea NanKate, I will put some flowers in my window today.

Wishing everyone a good day, and hoping for better news from Gilly

Curlywhirly Fri 31-Jan-20 07:47:36

Good morning all, from a dry but dull Cheshire. Shopping this morning, then out for a spot of lunch with himself. Out with girlfriends tonight to celebrate my friend's birthday. Thought about Oldgaijin many times yesterday, what a very brave woman.