Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Fri 31-Jan-20 06:11:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in Brackley at the present moment.
Today, basic shopping essentials , and then have a easy day at home .
Nothing planned other than feet up, Tv etc.
Mick

NanKate Mon 03-Feb-20 15:00:15

Thanks Mary. ?

Marydoll Mon 03-Feb-20 13:56:00

Newquay, go to the top of the page, right hand side and click Inbox

Newquay Mon 03-Feb-20 13:53:38

Thanks Sark, only just seen this and don’t know where to find PM!

NanKate Fri 31-Jan-20 17:34:47

I’ve sent you a pm Newquay.

Newquay Fri 31-Jan-20 17:33:07

Thanks Sark-that’s just how it feels.

Sark Fri 31-Jan-20 17:03:37

Sending best wishes Newquay flowers
Not long ago someone said to me I had aged 10 years in a week following a family problem that left me feeling like you are by the sound of it.

moggie Fri 31-Jan-20 16:45:05

Good afternoon all from Damp mild Nottingham. Just got back from lovely spa day & afternoon tea in Derbyshire with DD.
Thanks for reposting oldgaijin’s post marydoll
Thoughts with Oldgaijin & gillybob & DH you have been through so much.
Daffodils a lovely idea & mommawolf too.
Take care all especially those unwell or struggling have a good evening all.

Newquay Fri 31-Jan-20 15:00:38

Lovely kind folk here. What was the tonic you recommended Nankate? I definitely need that at the mo. Won’t add to sadness but am struggling with a bitter recent family situation which makes me feel bereaved and has aged me years in a short time.
Thinking and praying for others on here with problems. Do hope Oldgaijin reads the posts . Go in peace dear lady .

GrannySomerset Fri 31-Jan-20 14:39:20

Relieved to see Ellan posting even though weighed down with family concerns. Thinking of Gilly and Oldgaijin and everyone with too much to bear. Daffodils it is then, thinking of everyone on this thread who needs loving concern.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 31-Jan-20 12:28:56

Good afternoon from a wet South Notts. Collected my little car from its MOT earlier - have the pass certificate but a biggish bill for the necessary works required.
Kind thoughts to all especially gillybob and oldgajin who have been through so much.
Hope today is reasonably well with you all.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 31-Jan-20 12:13:56

A very late Goodmorning Mick and all from a grey SE Essex.

Oldgaijin Sending you love and prayers flowers

It has been chaotic in this house this morning, hence my late post.

Sending virtual hugs gillybob you and your dear husband have gone through so much.

nanaK54 Fri 31-Jan-20 12:08:45

Daffs have been placed on my dining room windowsill, what a lovely idea...….

Como2020 Fri 31-Jan-20 12:02:57

I’ve been hibernating too, EV.

I’m so sorry to read of those with troubles, and in particular to have read oldgaijin’s post. Wishing you peace.

A heavy, grey cast day, which matches my mood. I’m wearing my European bracelet. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

EllanVannin Fri 31-Jan-20 11:52:39

Oh dear, what have I come in to ?

I've " hibernated " from a thousand and one things that are going on within the family at the moment and can't get my head around anything.

Obviously something has gone on here so I won't add to it.

mumofmadboys Fri 31-Jan-20 11:34:07

With love and prayers for Oldgajiin. May you die peacefully and free from pain.xx

Kalu Fri 31-Jan-20 11:31:28

Good morning from a much milder Glasgow.

Marydoll. I was very thankful you posted oldgaijin’s post. It would have been awful, had we missed it.

I will always remember you oldgaijin imagining you and the mutt walking in the woodies x

I share your thoughts Grammaretto

Wishing a better day for all with worries.

Jaan12 Fri 31-Jan-20 11:18:37

Good morning from a dark and cloudy Fife. Thankfully the very strong wind from yesterday seems to have died down so may manage out to do some shopping this afternoon. Will wait to see what the weather is like later and then decide. Hope everyone has a good day.

NanKate Fri 31-Jan-20 10:57:26

Pantglas ??

Urmstongran Fri 31-Jan-20 10:44:29

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry but dull. I woke at 6:30am to go to the bathroom, felt quite awake but thought ‘nah, too early’. Went back to bed and slept for another 3 hours!

Going over to have a cuppa with my stepfather later. He’s had a lot on his mind lately to do with the sale of his house in the West Highlands but it’s full steam ahead now and he’s pleased.

Definitely a good thing you did there Marydoll pasting oldgaijin’s message to us all. I too kept thinking of her yesterday. She has been an incredibly brave lady.

Mommawolf what a lovely tribute.

Hope your husband is okay harrigran - that was some fall.

Once again you have a lot to bear gillybob and I wish you courage and good luck to deal with it all. Running your own business alongside the worry of city centre hospital visiting must be draining.

Today will be a day of mixed emotions for many. I hope it’s a day with kindness for everyone.

February beckons. x

Mapleleaf Fri 31-Jan-20 10:20:23

Good morning,

It's rather grey and dull looking here this morning, but at least it is dry.

Marydoll, you did the right thing in reposting Oldgaijins message, as otherwise many of us would have missed her post and so would have been unaware of what has happened, so thank you. ?

Sending kind thoughts to all who are worried or unwell.

harrigran Fri 31-Jan-20 10:14:37

Good morning from an overcast NE.
I have arranged to go out for lunch with a friend but I am extremely worried about DH, he fell downstairs last night and he is in great pain.

lavenderzen Fri 31-Jan-20 10:12:36

Good morning all. Thank you Marydoll for letting us all know - can't get Oldgaijin out of my thoughts. Wishing everyone a good day, hoping that those with illness & those with worries have some respite and start to feel better.

Willynilly Fri 31-Jan-20 09:56:46

Lovely Pantglas2. I also meant to say how thoughtful to Nankate and Mommawolf. Marydoll and Gillybob flowers

conor Fri 31-Jan-20 09:55:21

Good morning from a grey but mild Essex. So much sadness on this thread today so will just add my thoughts and prayers and certainly buy some daffodils for my windowsill. A symbol of hope. Xxx

Pantglas2 Fri 31-Jan-20 09:33:15

Just popping back to show our first daffodil which appeared yesterday in solidarity with oldgaijin!