Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Sat 01-Feb-20 06:09:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley this morning , my usual day of bus journeys to Buckingham ,and then onto Bicester vice versa c/w coffees and maybe today an large all day breakfast at lunchtime .
plus hopefully weather permitting a browse around Buckingham Flea Market.
Mick

Grammaretto Sat 01-Feb-20 14:44:00

Thanks for the hugs friends.

lavenderzen Sat 01-Feb-20 13:33:16

Good morning everyone. Fine here in Derbyshire but very threatening dark clouds. Quiet day here after traipsing around Tescos yesterday.

I hope your DH starts to feel better Gillybob I feel you have been badly let down by the hospital. I would be inclined to ring the GP if he doesn't improve. Hope things get easier.

Kind thoughts to those with worries and feeling poorly.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 01-Feb-20 12:42:02

A very late Good morning from sunny SE Essex.

No plans today, other than looking at the washing pile and deciding whether or not to tackle it.

Marydoll Sat 01-Feb-20 12:27:53

Grammaretto, this the place to offload. You need a big hug from all of us. ?

Ginny42 Sat 01-Feb-20 11:43:09

Thank you everyone for directing me towards Ageuk for help with the form filling. My friend will even struggle to sign it and she used to have beautiful handwriting. Another friend told me it's difficult and she's one very bright lady!

Grammaretto sounds like you need a very big hug! I hope things resolve themselves when everyone's calmed down. Crikey! Cutting off the water for so long sounds like a health hazard to me. Very difficult with a family to shower, wash and cook for. How does someone manage who hasn't got/can't carry buckets? Take care of yourself. flowers

Kalu Sat 01-Feb-20 11:34:27

Of course it the right place Grammaretto. We all need to,offload at some point and you are amongst friends here

Sorry to hear you are going through this upset, especially seeing your DGD in tears. That, apart from your being in the middle of an upsetting scene with your DD and her brother.

Hoping it smooths over soon and peace is restored. It’s Bxxxdy exhausting. Take care of yourself and ....breath ?

Grammaretto Sat 01-Feb-20 11:21:42

Good morning from a very rainy and windy Scottish Borders.
I'm catching up with you all and hope Gilly will get some help with her awful situation. We hoped the different hospital would be better able but obviously not.

I have had an emotional 24 hours but perhaps this isn't the right place suffice to say DD has just left in a huff...after falling out with her brother and me and DGD was in floods of tears.

To cap it a letter from the water board to say we will be cut off next week, for the new housing, and to collect enough for drinking water and flushing for a couple of days and when it comes on it may run brown and gravelly. Thanks Scottish Water! I think they should offer to put us all up at a Spa hotel for a couple of nights. I may ask.

Can we blame Brexit? please pretty please?

Happy February everyone . We have made it through January.

moggie Sat 01-Feb-20 11:05:17

Good morning from sunny, very windy Nottingham.
Asda delivery done.
Baby shower afternoon tea for niece this afternoon.
Sorry to hear your DH has been sent home Gillybob when he is so unwell, very worrying for you.
Thoughts with Oldgaijin
Hope all not well feel better soon.
Have a good day everyone.

eazybee Sat 01-Feb-20 10:43:44

Gillybob, I cannot believe the treatment the NHS is giving, or rather not giving, to your husband. He may not be strong enough to undergo an operation, but to dump him in the lounge with a bag of medication and no discharge letter, is negligence.
You must complain, vociferously; I don't know who to suggest, but start with your MP; his office will know the relevant people. Then phone the ward he was on and raise hell's delight. And write letters and keep copies.

Megs36 Sat 01-Feb-20 10:42:47

Gillybob,so sorry you feel the NHS has let you down so badly,I have got to say my and my husbands experience has been quite the opposite. Wondering how your dental problem went,you haven’t mentioned any outcome. Hope that is OK now.

conor Sat 01-Feb-20 10:41:58

Good morning from a sunny bright Essex. Must look for some washing to dry outside. I was also horrified that Mr Gillybobs was sent home. I do hope that the situation improves as we can all feel the distress.
My daffodils are blooming on the windowsill for Oldgaigin and anyone who needs the sunshine today ?xxx

Susan56 Sat 01-Feb-20 10:21:29

Good morning all.
Have had a bit of a tricky week both physically and emotionally as many of you have so am hoping for a quiet weekend to recharge my batteries ready for the week ahead.
I am going to a leaving meal for an ex colleague tonight but otherwise nothing planned.
DH bought a lovely pot of daffodils which I have put in the conservatory and will then plant out in the garden.Thinking of you oldgaijin.
Gilly,I think PALs is a really good idea.We have seen the best and worst of the NHS this year.We were advised to contact PALS while my daughter was on the maternity ward and they were absolutely brilliant.They dealt with everything for my daughter in a very professional,caring way.Thinking of you and sending love and prayers as always.
Ginny,I endorse what kitty said re Age UK,they know how to word the answers.
Corner,hope the antibiotics do the trick.
Thinking of you all with ills and worries and wishing everyone a good day.

annsixty Sat 01-Feb-20 10:05:00

Age UK filled in the forms for us too, they know how best to put your case.

dragonfly46 Sat 01-Feb-20 10:03:20

I second what kitty says ginny they did my mum’s and she got the full allowance. I did my dad’s myself and they swindled me out of £1400 because I put the wrong date down.

kittylester Sat 01-Feb-20 09:56:07

Ageuk, are the people to help with the AA form. They send someone out and know the 'buzz' words to use.

Ginny42 Sat 01-Feb-20 09:46:10

Good morning Mick and all from a very sunny and breezy Cheshire. Washing on the line for the first time this year! I don't have anything to rush out for, but going to my housebound friend later to attempt to assist in filling in the form for attendance allowance. I'm told it's difficult and should ask someone from the DWP to help her. Anyone know?

Cannot believe your DH has been sent home gillybob. What is happening? I always thought that however hard pressed the NHS is, the really poorly would be treated.

oldgaijin you are also in my thoughts. I have several pots of daffodils outside, but will buy daffs today to remember you and the mutt.

Get well wishes to all feeling unwell and what a lot with pains this morning! Enjoy your day every one.

Urmstongran Sat 01-Feb-20 09:45:53

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s lovely and sunny. 1st February - pinch and a punch to you all.

We are taking our little granddaughter to a birthday party this afternoon as mummy is streaming with a cold and it’s a shame for her to miss out - it’s in a church hall with a children’s entertainer and I know she’ll love joining in as she’s just 3y herself. Daddy is going in the opposite direction taking her brother to football!

I find it incredible that your husband was sent home yesterday gillybob I think here we were all hoping the hospital would sort him out properly. Perhaps he’s been assessed as not strong enough for anaesthetic yet? I hope his new medications work. We can land men on the moon 50y ago but we are still not very good at pain control it seems.

Hopefully Saturday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Greyduster Sat 01-Feb-20 09:40:46

A late good morning Michael and all GNs from a sunny, breezy South Yorkshire. We had a good walk yesterday afternoon and I woke up in the night aching all over. Must be getting old! We had GS’s birthday suggestion list hmm yesterday so have to go out and pick up his present this morning. He is a teenager this year! Where does the time go?
Gilly I am horrified that they should send your dear DH home in such discomfort. I hope there is something that can be done for him. To all who are struggling, have the best day you can.

Barmeyoldbat Sat 01-Feb-20 09:38:22

Good morning from North Somerset. Well I have a last managed to get myself out of bed after rather a bad night with joint pain. It was the postman banging on the door with Mr B parcel that finally did it. But its bright and sunny and now I have finished my porridge I will walk to the shops, buy a few bits and then have a coffee before coming home to watch the rugby. I have big hopes for Wales. I will not be buying my usual paper today as I just can't bear the news so will take a book to read while having coffee.

Kalu Sat 01-Feb-20 09:35:07

Oh, so pleased you are feeling better. Great stuff.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 01-Feb-20 09:34:05

gillybob. I came back to say that I would be sorely tempted to call 111. Maybe though your DH will pick up better at home with your care. Keep a watch on his temperature (I know you are) and I hope you can sleep when he does manage to sleep. ??? for you.

dragonfly46 Sat 01-Feb-20 09:32:58

Thank you Kalu I am beginning to feel more like me!

Kalu Sat 01-Feb-20 09:29:51

Just noticed your post Dragonfly. Enjoy coffee time with your friend.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 01-Feb-20 09:28:37

Good morning from a very mild Scotland. I am spending the weekend with family. We will all go for a late lunch together after a walk. I can see yellow crocuses from the windows. oldgaijiin. My thoughts are with you.

Pittcity Sat 01-Feb-20 09:28:28

Good morning from a bright and breezy Colchester. Everyone went out first thing so I have stripped the beds and mopped the floors while there are no men here to get in the way.
Apart from the mountain of laundry we have nothing planned today.
Much love to all xx