Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's kind, caring and sharing kitchen.

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 01-Feb-20 15:03:09

Here we are again. Happy as can be...all good pals and jolly good company.

Whatever we need to share...feel free to join in. cupcake wine brew flowers smile sunshine

Bellanonna Sat 15-Feb-20 18:14:14

callgirl, exactly what dragonfly has just said. It is a lot to take in but let’s just hope that the new drug does make a difference.
On the positive side you have a very proactive GP. Good on him!

kittylester Sat 15-Feb-20 19:01:56

I echo what dragonfly said too, callgirl. It is a lot to process for you without the irritation of Lynne's arm.

daisyboots I'm sorry about your diagnosis and the UTI. Adding insult to injury!

I hope you are not feeling too battered Izabella.

Soop have a lovely weekend. You wont see this but it is heartfelt.

Things are a touch fraught with DH's niece so I'm struggling to keep up but...

TOYA.

dragonfly46 Sat 15-Feb-20 19:47:27

It is hard kitty you seem to be there for everyone. Your niece is in such a difficult place.

cornergran Sat 15-Feb-20 19:54:08

Evening All. It’s a bit draughty here and goodness it’s been wet. Had a bit of a car crisis today, our own fault. Got back home amid phoned the AA (other breakdown services are available) a charming, courteous technician was here in less than 20 minutes. Worked outside for half an hour without a complaint. Amazing.

Goodness there are some mountains to climb for some of our Kitcheners. Please stay upright Izabella, us mature people rarely bounce.

That was difficult news to hear daisyboots. Many years ago UTI’s caused kidney problems for me, boy did it hurt. Hope the pain lets go soon.

Definitely a lot to process callgirl, give yourself time, sending love to you all. Your GP sounds superb, thank goodness for him. No shingle on our seafront grannyq, heaps of seaweed instead. Lovely images as ever.

That prescription saga is more than confusing dragonfly. I wonder what your surgery will make of it. Your niece is lucky to have your support kitty, it must be draining at times. I’ve had 21 messages from our young friend today, her husband is fading, often there’s just nothing to say to help.

I wish we’d emulated you and stayed in n&g, or indeed you Charley and slept late, venturing out has proved embarrassing car wise. Hey, ho embarrassment will pass.

Time for a tidy in our rl very messy kitchen then it’s glass of wine time. Take care everyone,

Carillion01 Sat 15-Feb-20 21:12:16

Good evening dear kitchen friends.
I'm sorry not to have been able to post for the last six weeks.
DH came out of hospital after his operation and I ridiculously thought that was the beginning of good nights' sleep! He'd recuperated well in the past after knee and hip replacements but this spinal op was something I thought I was prepared for but wasn't. I think it was Charleygirl who warned me I might get tired.
Very good news is that he is getting better and we hope he can get into and sit in the car on Monday.

Gales allowing here in Brittany (and my apologies, I know the UK is being battered) I'm taking him to the local lakeside, nice place and also taking a flask of Bovril and a bacon butty! We will walk to the lakeside and back, about 120 steps ...I've reckied it.

I send deep apologies to all dear friends who have sent such supportive messages during DH's time in hospital. During the night when he's needed to get out of bed to visit the lavatory I wouldn't let him do so without me so we've both been sleeping perhaps two hours at a time. During the day I was, sad to admit, too tired to follow our dear kitchen news and post.

I send kind thoughts and good wishes as ever to all who I'm sure have faced adversity and need a hug.
We are very lucky here. I have DH with me and he's in very good spirits. He sees his surgeon in on 26th Feb and after xrays it will be decided if he needs further surgery.
I can already see an improvement in his stature and his pain is much reduced.
I'm sorry to write so much and to moan too much.
I want to say thank you so much. I've missed reading and posting in this lovely kitchen. Xxxx

MawB Sat 15-Feb-20 21:28:56

Carillion you have been up to your eyes over the last couple of months, and I do hope your DH is on the mend-however long and slow a journey that may be. You must be exhausted.
I vividly remember getting up in the night for Paw - especially when he had C. Diff, frequently every hour as he could not get to the loo unaided. I used to perch on a stool by the sink while he sat on the loo - I suspect we were both nodding off much of the time.
But one thing, I pray my face never showed the sheer frustration and fatigue. It wasn’t his fault, bless him. I regularly used to snatch 45 minutes or an hour in bed in the afternoon, just in order to keep going. flowers
Callgirl I have PM’d you flowers for you too.

Doodle Sat 15-Feb-20 22:30:43

callgirl so sorry to hear your news. It must have been a big shock to you all. Let’s hope the injections work for your son and the situation improves. Glad the GP was able to sort some thing out for Lynne. You have a lot to deal with at the moment flowers
carillion. Glad your husbands pain is reduced. You must be exhausted. Just worry alone can wear you out without the getting up so much at night. Hope DH continues to improve.

dragonfly46 Sat 15-Feb-20 22:52:33

So many in the kitchen needing support. I send love and hugs to all of you who need it flowers

callgirl1 Sat 15-Feb-20 23:15:59

Thank you everyone for your good wishes towards my son. It is very much appreciated. All we can do is hope that this new treatment will work.
Once again, thank you, and TOYA xx

Daisyboots Sat 15-Feb-20 23:42:13

Callgirl1 I am so sorry to hear about the latest news on your son. Lets hope this new treatment works and has a positive effect.
Thank you for thinking of me when you have such problems of your own.

Lins1066 Sat 15-Feb-20 23:49:17

callgirl I'm sorry to hear your latest news about your son and I hope that the injections work for him. I'm glad that your GP turned up trumps to help your daughter. Thinking of you.

I'm glad that you are alright after your tumble Izabella - please take more water with it next time!

I've been wondering how your DH has been getting on Carillion. Spinal ops are hard on the carer too, as my husband knows only too well. It is still early days though, things will get easier each day now. Has hydrotherapy been mentioned? That helped me enormously.

Best wishes to you daisyboots I hope your pain lessens very soon.

I'm sorry about your young friend's husband corner ?
TOYA, especially those in the flooded areas tonight.

Daisyboots Sat 15-Feb-20 23:57:39

Thank you kittylester and cornergran for your kind words. The latest news wasnt good but we have to keep fighting on. My DH has PTSD so it hits him badly as he is ever hopeful that things will improve.
Thinking of Buttefly 46 and everyone else suffering . Carillion I do hope your lovely DH after all he has been through manages to get his trip out in the car on Monday

Nannytopsy Sun 16-Feb-20 07:58:12

Good morning everyone. Carillion it is good to hear from you and so pleased DH’s op was a success. Something similar gave my mum a new lease of life, even though she was in her eighties.
It’s still very stormy here, but our fences seem to have survived, much to my surprise.
We have visitors next weekend, so I want to get the bedrooms and bathrooms ready today, while the weather is bad. That way, I can get out in the garden when Dennis has passed.
Hope Soop is enjoying her trip.

chicken Sun 16-Feb-20 08:41:59

callgirl, so sorry to hear about your son. I hope the injections prove effective; new treatments are coming into use all the time.
carillion,,,Hoping you and your DH enjoy the trip, and that you both manage to get some real rest soon.
Izabella, ouch, I feel for you. Hope the bruises aren't too painful.
There's a howling gale here in Sussex and lashing rain. We live at the highest point of the village but still have standing water all round the house. No danger of flooding though. My heart goes out to all those people who have been flooded out by these storms. What a nightmare.
TOYA

Charleygirl5 Sun 16-Feb-20 09:38:32

I can sleep through anything so I have no idea what went on during the night. My house is still standing, it has been raining but there is no wind. I have allowed Tara to go out because it is so calm.

callgirl I keep my fingers crossed for your son- miracles do happen and this treatment may suit him.

You have a lovely GP and he now knows the hoops we go through to get to the correct department.

Carillion my heart sank when you mentioned how soon your DH was being discharged because I was well aware from a professional point of view what was ahead for you. Pleased to hear that the pain has subsided that is a big bonus.
TOYA

GrannyGravy13 Sun 16-Feb-20 10:08:56

callgirl so sorry to hear the news of your son, I hope these injections work flowers

Susan56 Sun 16-Feb-20 19:05:11

Callgirl,so sorry to hear the news of your son,hoping and praying that the injections work.
Daisy boots?and Izabella hope you are feeling better.
Carillion,good to hear from you and that things are going well.
Hope you have had a lovely weekend Soop.
Stay safe in the storms everyone and TOYA

kittylester Sun 16-Feb-20 21:44:01

Well, we are all safe and dry. In the other hand....13 year old dgs3 has gone skiing with school. They gave gone to Iraly on a coach taking 24 hours. Their driver took a wrong turn, got stuck then began sliding towards a cliff. He stopped just short of the cliff but the road had to be closed and the boys rescued by mini Bus - 5 trips in all. Dd1 heard this all via dgs's friends mum as dgs's phone was dead. A bit traumatic!!!!

And DD3 has chickenpox!!!

dragonfly46 Sun 16-Feb-20 21:47:56

Oh kitty what a dramatic life you lead. I do hope your DGS3 gets home safely and DD3 isn’t too poorly.
I have been told to keep away from my mum’s home as one resident has shingles.

MawB Sun 16-Feb-20 22:08:05

Oh kittylester - heart in mouth!
Sometimes you don’t want to know anything about a trip until they are all back safely!
Wishing everyone well - and a mega bottle of Poxclin for the poorly person. Particularly nasty for an adult

annsixty Sun 16-Feb-20 22:09:20

My good friend has shingles, this is the third week and she is in a lot of pain.
Ironically she had an appt for the vaccination but was told by a “well wisher” that it made her really ill and she had never felt right since so she cancelled it, how bitterly she regrets that decision.

Nannytopsy Sun 16-Feb-20 23:26:15

Kitty!! What a nightmare. The thought of that coach makes me go all funny where my legs meet my body as my friend says. I don’t like heights. Are they continuing with the trip or coming home?

GrannySomerset Sun 16-Feb-20 23:31:03

Nothing so dramatic for me (thank goodness - DGD1 goes to Paris tomorrow on A level history trip but hope for no drama on Eurostar) but have put the foul weather to good use by cleaning my filthy oven, a job I have been putting off since November. Smug doesn’t begin to describe it!

Nannytopsy Mon 17-Feb-20 00:01:34

Congratulations GrannySomerset! You deserve to feel smug.

cornergran Mon 17-Feb-20 00:22:42

Snap grannysomerset, not that I cleaned much of it, Mr C was the hero here.

Blimey kitty, what a kerfuffle, hope there are no more dramas and your daughter manages her chickens spots as our two called them.

It’s been a long day and I should be asleep so TOYA and sleep well everyone.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion