Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Tue 04-Feb-20 06:07:08

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but dry here in Brackley this morning, usual Tuesday, housework to start then prepare for my bus trips to Buckingham and Bicester .
Mind you my return route takes me through villages effected by the East-West Rail link and HS2.
Had to get a new mouse yesterday and keyboard so things are better today.
Mick

vena11 Tue 04-Feb-20 08:07:36

Thank you Emily, my thoughts are will you.[Flowers]

Newquay Tue 04-Feb-20 08:11:29

Yes thank you Emily. We were all keeping your Mum in our prayers and thoughts these last few days. Sincere condolences at such a sad time.

Auntieflo Tue 04-Feb-20 08:13:33

Good morning to all .

Emily, I am so sorry to hear the news of your mum, Oldgaijin.
Thank you for letting us know. I am glad that 'the mutt' is being looked after.
flowers for her and for you

annsixty Tue 04-Feb-20 08:15:30

To Emily and your family, sincere condolences on the loss of your mother.
She was a very brave lady, yes celebrate with champagne, she deserves no less. I hope the mutt settles in his new home.
He will miss her greatly as will we.
Her daffodils will seem very poignant today.

Lins1066 Tue 04-Feb-20 08:17:06

Good Morning Micck, Emily and everyone.

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to you Emily. Your mother was indeed a breath of fresh air every morning, as Marydoll has said. I enjoyed hearing about her adventures with the Mutt, Mojo. Her pride when speaking of you was evident too. Your mother will live on in you, take comfort in that and from the lovely messages about her.
Please do take care of yourself and thank you for letting us know.
??

lavenderzen Tue 04-Feb-20 08:17:11

Condolences to you all Emily on the sad loss of your Mum.

gillybob Tue 04-Feb-20 08:23:05

Another very sad day for us all here on the Good Morning thread.

I would like to add my sincere condolences too Emily and many thanks for letting us all know.

Your mum OldGaijin was a brave lady and I loved reading about her walks with the mutt . She will be sadly missed . x

Kalu Tue 04-Feb-20 08:24:13

Good morning from a dreich start in Glasgow

Your letting us know that our dear friend has gone is appreciated Emily. I shall miss her wicked humour and tales of walks with the mutt in the woodies. Your stoical Mum will be so sadly missed but, I am glad for her that her suffering is over. No fuss is so typical,of her. ? Slainte Mhath oldgaijin ?
Take care Emily.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 04-Feb-20 08:26:31

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Emily thank you for letting us know about your Mum, sending virtual hugs to you and the mutt flowers

Alygran Tue 04-Feb-20 08:30:34

Emily thank you for letting us know. Condolences to you and your family.

Pittcity Tue 04-Feb-20 08:32:49

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
My arms are aching from all the virtual ((hugs)) I am giving recently. Sending more to you and yours Emily. Will be thinking of Oldgaijin today xx

Roses Tue 04-Feb-20 08:42:51

Emily,so sorry x

Nortsat46 Tue 04-Feb-20 08:42:58

Thank you so much Emily for sharing your sad news with us, it is kind of you to think of others at this time.

Your mum (and the mutt) will be remembered with great fondness here, by women right across the country, with daffodils in their windows, lighting candles in her memory and raising toasts in her honour.

She spoke of you with great love and that will help to sustain you, through the next stages of your journey.

Rest in peace Oldgaijin ?

gillybob Tue 04-Feb-20 08:53:10

For our friend OldGaijin x

Nannytopsy Tue 04-Feb-20 08:57:50

Good morning Mick and all his followers and especially Emily for letting us know the sad news. We shall miss Old Gaijin and send you our love. ?

Kalu Tue 04-Feb-20 08:59:01

My woozy meds. induced head wasn’t working properly when I posted Slainte to oldgaijin, inappropriate under the circumstances. My apologies Emily, not the sentiment I wished to convey. ?

Brunette10 Tue 04-Feb-20 09:00:31

Just lovely gillybob flowers

merlotgran Tue 04-Feb-20 09:04:50

I'm not a regular on this thread but sending my condolences to oldgaijin's family.

conor Tue 04-Feb-20 09:13:06

Thank you Emily for sharing your news. My thoughts and prayers are with you xxx

rafichagran Tue 04-Feb-20 09:13:18

I am not a regular here either, but posting to say how sorry I am about your brave Mums passing. Love to you and the mutt.

whywhywhy Tue 04-Feb-20 09:14:32

The weather and what I'm doing today doesn't seem to matter now. Sending condolences to Emily.
X

Anniebach Tue 04-Feb-20 09:27:24

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Condolences to Emily x

cornergran Tue 04-Feb-20 09:28:41

Dear Emily, so kind to think of us. Your Mums spirit lives with you. As always saying I’m so sorry for your loss is not enough but all I can do. Love to you, Mutt and your family. I’m remembering your Mum with a smile and looking at ‘her’ daffodils. .

Charleygirl5 Tue 04-Feb-20 09:38:11

Emily- thank you for remembering to keep us lot posted during this sad time flowers

Funnygran Tue 04-Feb-20 09:41:18

Emily, I read this thread every morning but don’t often post on it. Just want to wish you love this morning on the loss of your mum. You have happy memories which you will have for ever. Look after yourself. xx