Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(60 Posts)
12Michael Thu 06-Feb-20 06:10:53

Good Morning Everyone,
dark outside this morning, but with fog and ground frost here in Brackley.
Went to Northampton yesterday on the bus, which took me through some the county's villages to the south east of the county town.
Today my Buckingham and Bicester bus trips.
I enjoy this journey as I have got to talk to others on the bus very sociable.
Mick

Chewbacca Thu 06-Feb-20 08:09:51

Good morning everyone from a very cold and frosty Cheshire. Like Marydoll, a rotten night's sleep last night so will do as little as I can get away with today, once I've got the grandchildren off to school!

Beechnut Thu 06-Feb-20 08:10:15

QuaintIrene I can’t believe you forgot I was eating tarts ??

Marydoll Thu 06-Feb-20 08:11:07

Chewy, so lovely to see you posting on here!

Taichinan Thu 06-Feb-20 08:13:08

Good morning Mick and everybody. I'm new to posting on here, though I've been following you all for a while. Lovely cold but sunny morning here in Angus with a lovely pink sky out over the sea. Scentia, you're not old - my two little boys are 51 and 52, and their baby sister is 46! 78 years young I am, and off to tai chi classes this morning. I hope all goes well for those who are poorly ? and have a good day everybody.

Mapleleaf Thu 06-Feb-20 08:14:10

Good morning all,
It's very bright and frosty here this morning.
Pilates class later then must put some fuel in the car when I get back.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Thu 06-Feb-20 08:14:45

Taichinan, welcome, it's so nice to see new faces on here. smile

NanKate Thu 06-Feb-20 08:19:22

Good morning Tai you’ve come to the right thread to start your contributions to GN. Welcome ?

Susan56 Thu 06-Feb-20 08:20:53

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it’s a frosty start.
We are expecting a parcel today.just had an email from Hermes to say they will be delivering?they don’t have the best reputation in this area so hopefully it arrives??
Collecting DGD from school later and then her usual Thursday sleepover.We have just put the finishing touches to her bedroom,Frozen theme,so she will be very excited to see it.
QuaintIrene,what a terrible thing to happen.
Wishing your husband all the best pantglas and hope your appointment goes well dragonfly.
Thinking of gilly and all with illness and worries.

QuaintIrene Thu 06-Feb-20 08:23:39

Beechnut ?

Urmstongran Thu 06-Feb-20 08:23:43

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry. Seems chilly though.

I have a wash and blow booked at the hair salon over the road, then on to an independent cafe for lunch with a lady who was widowed last Easter. She really struggled the first six months bless and we have become good friends.

Hope you get good news today from your oncologist dragonfly. And that your husband’s hip op goes well Pantglas - bet he can’t believe the day has finally arrived.

Hope the gillybobs managed a better sleep last night and that Thursday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

p.s. I was a lacrosse girl. ?

Urmstongran Thu 06-Feb-20 08:29:31

Morning Taichinan it’s good to have you join us!
?
Must be slow this morning as when I saw your name my first thought was ‘is it some Scottish take on a grandma?’ then I took my time ... tai. Chi. nan. Duh!

Marydoll Thu 06-Feb-20 08:31:09

I thought it was Gaelic! ?

annsixty Thu 06-Feb-20 08:33:19

Good morning all from a frosty Stockport.
Just popping in to send best wishes to Dragonfly, I hope it goes better this session, and to Pantglas's H for his hip op.
I am waiting very impatiently for mine.
I was told February but haven't even had an appt for a pre-op yet.

Greyduster Thu 06-Feb-20 08:35:47

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Bright and frosty in South Yorkshire this morning. I have to take some books back to the library this morning and then some cooking to do this afternoon to get rid of some things that have been sitting in the fridge shouting “eat me!”
Fingers crossed for your DH Pantglas. Have the best day you can folks.

Auntieflo Thu 06-Feb-20 08:48:41

Good morning Michael, Annie to come , and all others.
We have woken to a misty, moisty, morning here, so hope it lifts later.
I want to clear out some of my cookery books later, and I'm aiming for just one shelf full, not two. Then my sewing room will be up for a sort out. Hmm, I can see some procrastination coming.
Thought our heating had broken last evening. DH said he was getting chilly, and when we looked at the controller, it just had a blank screen. Eventually we realised that the switch, in the cupboard, had got turned off. Phew, no big repair bill. Although I was beginning to think we had a gremlin in the house, interfering with all things electrical.
Physio this afternoon, and a trip to the garden centre to cheer me up. DH is volunteering, so I shall be able to mooch to my heart's content.
Best wishes to the Gillybob's and to Dragonfly and to all those who are unwell.
I used to be a shooter in netball, and hated hockey. Broke my wrist once. My own fault, I was running backwards and tripped over my stick. (And, we had a martinet of agames teacher)
Have a good day one and all.
Apologies for the ramblings.

BlueSapphire Thu 06-Feb-20 08:51:33

Good morning everyone from a very bright and frosty Northampton. Slept in this morning which is very unusual for me.
Had an hour or so in the garden yesterday and sorted out a tangled and overgrown honeysuckle. Only had to stop once I realised I had filled both garden waste bins. Thank goodness they are being emptied today. A good health walk in the afternoon followed by coffee and a good chat.
Sainsbury's delivery this morning and ballet class after lunch, then pick DGD up from school.
I now want a Portuguese custard tart, Beechnut! First had them on holiday in Portugal 20 years ago. Now our Sainsbury's and most supermarkets sell them.
Best wishes to all for a good day.

Anniebach Thu 06-Feb-20 08:53:43

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gillybob Thu 06-Feb-20 08:57:11

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dry start to Thursday.

My face and nose have been so painful overnight I didn’t know what to do with myself. That coupled with DH up and down every 20 minutes or so, we are a right pair .

I hope your oncologist gives the go ahead for your chemo tomorrow dragonfly and that it all goes okay. Then it will be another one over with for you.

Good luck with your DH’s hip op Pantglas.....sounds like he’s entering a dance competition and not having surgery.

Welcome to the friendly Good Morning thread Taichinan it’s good to have you (and other recent newbies) join us. My son is 40 this year and I am 58 ...oh dear... smile

Watch out for that man up the tree Marydoll we don’t want any more additions to the sick and injured lists !

How terrible QuaintIrene and so sad two people might’ve been killed . We had a similar thing happen in our town recently .

Well I’m off to “that place” in a few minutes, might be seeing DD and little Evie later. I do hope so as she really cheers DH (and me) up.

I hope Thursday is reasonably kind to us all.

Love Gillybob x

Urmstongran Thu 06-Feb-20 09:01:14

Oh Marydoll I love it! Thank you for being as slow as me this morning hehe!

Pittcity Thu 06-Feb-20 09:01:18

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Much scraping of cars this morning.
Everyone is out this morning so I am having a blitz. Filled the dishwasher and washing machine with stuff found in DS's bedroom and have let the robot vacuum loose in there.
Will get out in the garden later.
I was a hockey girl at school but now play walking netball.

Mapleleaf Thu 06-Feb-20 09:04:25

Welcome, Taichinan ?

MawB Thu 06-Feb-20 09:12:10

Good morning all from a bright and frosty morning in N Bucks.(Time to go round a mulberry bush or two?)
Well done Marydoll- I am sure you tried to resist your DH when he dragged you into that shop, but resistance is so often futile.
I have a class reps’ meeting then my afternoon class in Bedford today but after a very poor night’s sleep am making a late start.
Sorry to hear you are still suffering so Gillybob and sending many positive vibes to Dragonfly for “all systems go” tomorrow.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

GrannyGravy13 Thu 06-Feb-20 09:12:13

Goodmorning Mick and All x

Bright and frosty here in SE Essex, I hope the sun stays around as I feel so much better with sun as opposed to gloomy grey sky.

pantglas hope your husbands op is successful.

dragonfly I hope your oncologist is happy for your chemo to go ahead tomorrow.

Welcome Taichinan

The cleaners let us down yesterday (long story) so I will have to reacquaint myself with the vacuum????

Keep safe and out of trouble

annsixty Thu 06-Feb-20 09:13:16

I thought it was Chinese at first glance.?

harrigran Thu 06-Feb-20 09:15:57

Good morning from a sunny NE.
DH has a GP appointment this afternoon, should be interesting as he is still crippled with back pain.
Potential buyer viewed the property yesterday and seemed quite keen.