Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(60 Posts)
12Michael Thu 06-Feb-20 06:10:53

Good Morning Everyone,
dark outside this morning, but with fog and ground frost here in Brackley.
Went to Northampton yesterday on the bus, which took me through some the county's villages to the south east of the county town.
Today my Buckingham and Bicester bus trips.
I enjoy this journey as I have got to talk to others on the bus very sociable.
Mick

vena11 Thu 06-Feb-20 09:31:09

Good morning all from a frosty Bristol.
Very late start this morning ,I could not believe the time. Best wishes to your DH Pantglas with his op. Dragonfly hope all goes well, I will be thinking of you, you are more than half way through, its such a long road, its 4 years today since I started on that road.
Welcome to all new GN and take care everyone.

Kalu Thu 06-Feb-20 09:40:22

Good morning from a chilly Glasgow.

Hairdressers today, always makes me feel a bit more human?

Collected GD2 aged 10 from school yesterday. She did a double take, saw me, shot down the stairs and came out with a huge grin as she came running to meet me. Gives me such a lift every time. I always take cakes whenever I go to DDs and yesterday it was Portuguese tarts. Always a winner.

I loved playing hockey, all through school and later for a Glasgow club, L******e Ladies. Nothing ladylike on the pitch?. Happy days.

Hope you get the go ahead for tomorrow Dragonfly?

Your bus journey sounds more like a social get together Mick. How nice to meet up regularly with other passengers and chat away on your journey?

Best wishes to all for a pleasant day

moggie Thu 06-Feb-20 09:41:24

Good morning Mick & all from frosty, bright Nottingham.
Catch up day at home after my 2 days at work.
Welcome Taichinan
Best wishes for your DH hip op Pantglas & your appointment Dragonfly Hope you don’t have to wait too long for your op annsixty.
Thoughts with gillybob & DH.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Willynilly Thu 06-Feb-20 10:10:20

Good morning Mick et al from a bright East Mids. More Spring cleaning today hmm. Oh well, it keeps me off the streets as my dad used to say grin.
I hope all goes well for Dragonfly and the DH of Pantglas. Gilly I so hope you get some kind of resolution to your ongoing medical problems soon.
Have a good day folks, whatever you’re doing.

Megs36 Thu 06-Feb-20 10:33:42

Pantglas - love sparrow fart time? Good luck in the hip department for your husband.
Dragon fly also good luck, my husband’s last visit to oncologist was in October, she doesn’t wanted to see see him again (nearly five years), how un friendly is that!!???!!Hope your visit is encouraging, you always seem so uncomplaining. Best wishes to all others.

Bellasnana Thu 06-Feb-20 11:06:28

It’s actually just afternoon here in Malta so I’m very late today. I languished in bed until nearly 10.30 since I’d nothing pressing for which to get up. I feel so guilty though. My late DH would have had a fit if he had known how lazy I would become without him around.

Anyway, I’ve been up to the shop, the weather is lovely and sunny but not overly warm.

I will get on with the ironing when I’ve had my coffee.

Hope you all have as good a day as possible.sunshine

BladeAnnie Thu 06-Feb-20 11:06:40

Good morning all from a lovely clear and cold mid-Notts. Our beautiful elderly kitty is off the vets later with poorly ears. He's put up with this forever and I'm sure he's resigned to it being part of his life he has to endure. All in a cat's stride!! Have a good day everyone and special thoughts to our friends with troubles of any kind x

lavenderzen Thu 06-Feb-20 11:31:55

Good morning all. Clear and bright here but very chilly in Derbyshire.
Hope everyone has a good day and those with illness and worries begin to feel better.

Applegran Thu 06-Feb-20 11:52:46

Good morning everyone from a sunny and bright Cornwall! Will wrap up well and go for a walk soon. Yesterday a lovely neighbour gave me Reiki for my arthritic shoulder and I think it really helped - wonderful! Later we go out to lovely Boscastle Farm shop and cafe for our lunch - views of the sea, good food at reasonable prices and nice people. Its so good you have to book most days. I hope everyone has the best day they can.