Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone else having a problem ?

(48 Posts)
BlueBelle Tue 11-Feb-20 05:28:59

I can’t post in The cafe it just freezes what am I doing wrong or is there a fault

Marydoll Fri 14-Feb-20 07:53:39

Jackie, I tried to post after you in the Cafe and the whole thing froze again. I had to come back out of GN! ?, before I could even read any other posts.

GN techies should be asking why some can post and some can't. It may give them a clue as to what's going on.

chicken Fri 14-Feb-20 08:40:33

None of the threads will open in the café. I'm on a Lenovo desktop.

JackyB Fri 14-Feb-20 09:59:15

I did it on a Huawei tablet in the Chrome browser.

BlueBelle Fri 14-Feb-20 12:32:56

I ve just had another try and nothing at all will open, it freezes and it’s hard to get out of
I tried the new to Gransnet one too Jackie but nothing at all
Why isn’t HQ getting back to us

Gummie Sat 15-Feb-20 03:47:45

Trying to access the Cafe freezes the whole site. I’ve not been able to access it even once.

Marydoll Sat 15-Feb-20 09:05:18

I have tried different browsers and different devices, still no joy.

I think it's quite rude of GN not to get back to us and give us some feedback, even if it there is no news. sad
GNHQ at least acknowledge our concerns.

Ohmother Sat 15-Feb-20 10:19:34

I’m having trouble posting on the yogurt thread.

BlueBelle Mon 17-Feb-20 04:06:41

Gransnet I m really surprised at your lack of information or seeming interested
Please note ‘the Cafe’ is still frozen and unusable
Why ?
What’s being done ?
Why no updates, has it been forgotten ?

BlueBelle Thu 20-Feb-20 07:47:59

I m just renewing this it’s now 11 days since I first noticed I couldn’t post in The Cafe... it just freezes and I know a few others can’t either
I have also reported it to HQ and apart from a “we re looking into it” absolutely nothing I m wondering how many people can’t post in it and the ones that can what device are you using?
I m sorry if this is boring and I should just put up and shut up

Why is it proving such an issue ?

MamaCaz Thu 20-Feb-20 08:01:06

I've been having 'freezing' problems on random part of Gransnet for a while (using Android tablet).
It doesn't affect my whole device, and I can close that particular window and get straight back into Gransnet by opening another, but have obviously lost whatever I had been trying to post.
Most annoyingly, a couple of days ago, it happened after typing a very long, carefully thought-out PM reply to someone. I was not a happy bunny to find that I couldn't send (or save) it and that I would have to start again from scratch, which I didn't have time to do it again that evening!

shandi6570 Thu 20-Feb-20 08:45:48

I can't post on to it either, using an Android tablet. I am amazed that GNHQ are giving it so little attention as that is where they encourage new posters to say hello and many of the usual 'hello' members are now unable to respond, leaving the newbies feeling unwelcome ?

Marydoll Thu 20-Feb-20 08:45:59

Mamacaz, the same thing happened to me, when writing a PM. However, before I shut down, I copied the PM to the clipboard, closed down GN, then opened it up again and pasted it onto a new PM.

What I have noticed is that those of us who have been on GN for ages seem to be experiencing the freezing.
However, people who are new posters, seem to be able to post on the New to Gransnet thread, with no difficulty.
Take note GN techies.
GN have just appeared to ignore our comments and haven't responded.

MamaCaz Thu 20-Feb-20 12:36:21

Marydoll I tried to copy mine, but I wasn't even able to do that. Unfortunately, the only thing that still worked within that window was my ability to close it - unless I overlooked soon thing. I certainly couldn't highlight anything or scroll through the message I had just typed. sad

MamaCaz Thu 20-Feb-20 12:37:11

something, not soon thing

MamaCaz Thu 20-Feb-20 12:53:54

When I want to either preview or post, I regularly have to tap the relevant option twice to make it work.
Does anyone else have to do that?

MamaCaz Thu 20-Feb-20 12:58:47

Also, over the last couple of weeks, many times, when I have wanted to look at a particular forum/topic,something completely different from what I have clicked on has come up.
Just me?

Marydoll Thu 20-Feb-20 13:11:46

I had that too MamaCaz! I thought I was going doolally! ?

SadafGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 20-Feb-20 13:16:26

Hi all, we're sorry you're continuing to have trouble accessing the site, our tech team is still working on this. We're so sorry for the delay and will post an update as soon as we have more information.

MamaCaz Thu 20-Feb-20 13:20:16

It's almost a relief that it's not just me - like you, Marydoll, I was beginning to think I must be losing it! grin

BlueBelle Thu 20-Feb-20 15:59:23

mamacaz twice today I ve posted on a different thread and it hasn’t gone through so I ve walked away thinking it was me but now I realise this is all part of a bigger problem

I am on an Apple iPad

Marydoll Sat 22-Feb-20 20:29:52

Went into that blooming Cafe again to welcome the newbies and got stuck again. Had to log out and start all over again! ?
So welcome all the newbies, no-one is ignoring you, we just can't post on the thread.

BlueBelle Sat 22-Feb-20 20:34:12

Isn’t it annoying Marydoll I did the same today