Gransnet forums

Chat

Divorced.Remarried.o r still with your first love

(83 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Tue 11-Feb-20 08:23:19

Having a conversation with some friends last week, we were discussing how many of us have been divorced, we are four friends in our fifties and sixties, all four of us have remarried, one friend on her third marriage, not one of us could think of any other friends that were still with their first loves,

ananimous Wed 12-Feb-20 18:55:47

I always introduce hubby as my first husband (54yrs happily married, so far...)

Suki70 Wed 12-Feb-20 19:21:32

We met at school, I was 15, he was 17 and we lived in different towns. Girls and boys were not allowed to speak to each other in the corridors so our first meeting (at a youth club) was arranged by a boy in my form. We married when I was 20 and still at University and we'll have our 57th anniversary in July. Testing times now as he hasn't been well for some time but if only he would put his hearing aids in I'd cope!

Gardenersdelight2 Wed 12-Feb-20 21:13:11

First and only, met when were 15 &18 married 3 years later , will be 34 years this summer

Sar53 Wed 12-Feb-20 21:53:49

Married aged 20 in 1974. Divorced after 17 years but produced 2 lovely daughters. 8 year very damaging relationship, then 8 years on my own. Met my second husband online 12 years ago and we married last year. Very happy, 4 daughters and 10 grandchildren between us.

Jane43 Wed 12-Feb-20 22:24:31

We met at the age of 20 and married when we were 21 in 1965. We still love each other very much and rarely have a cross word now as we have been together so long we seem to share the same opinions and attitudes. Our two sons both have long and happy marriages, older son 22 years to his second wife and younger son 26 years to his first wife. We had ups and downs in the early years but are both thankful we worked to overcome our difficulties.

gulligranny Wed 12-Feb-20 22:37:07

Disastrous marriage in my 20s (only way to leave home), divorced in my late 30s, met the love of my life when I was 60. We've now been together for 14 years, married for 11 and it's bliss.

Retired65 Thu 13-Feb-20 19:58:19

Only one husband. We have now been married for 32 years. Before this one boyfriend for over 16 years, who never wanted to get married. P.R. went out with other women when he was going out with me! I remember him telling me about one of his lady friends, who moved up north and had written him a letter telling him she didn't want to see him again. I often wondered if he was sleeping with her. I knew deep down he would never marry me or want to live together but I didn't want to lose him as a friend. Eventually, I met someone else, who is now my husband.