Gransnet forums

Chat

This house eats things!

(79 Posts)
phoenix Tue 11-Feb-20 19:31:47

Evening all, and good wishes.

I'm getting really fed up with things going missing here!

A carefully drawn (by an expert) plan for the garden has been missing for years, been through every drawer, cupboard etc to no avail.

Various bits of paperwork are marked awol, just at the moment you need them, but tonight a tub of cocktail sticks/toothpicks have disappeared!

I know I put them upright in the top drawer, because we got fed up with them spreading themselves around in other places (the top and bottom of the container they were in obviously had "issues" and couldn't bear to stay with each other, so they kept parting and scattering their contents)

Some things that go missing are easily understood and accounted for, for example washing up sponges, metal pan scrubbers and rubber gloves will have been taken by Minnie, a cat who was obviously a scullery maid in a former life, and can usually be found scattered around the house "Oh do come in neighbour, kettles on, just ignore the sponge and scourer in the middle of the hall, no, it's not an art installation, nor am I a complete slut, it's the cat"

But as for some other stuff, I'm confused

Lyndylou Thu 13-Feb-20 18:15:17

The answer in our house is "Buy another one" then the first one will turn up. Works very well. I spent ages turning the potting shed upside down for replacement blades for the GTech strimmer. Got really annoyed, marched into the house, ordered more and paid for them, went back to the potting shed and spotted the missing ones immediately. Didn't cost me much but annoying that I now have far more little green blades then I will ever use.

BlueSapphire Sun 16-Feb-20 11:47:57

I prayed to St Antony before Christmas when I couldn't find my earring and decided to not worry about it and leave it up to the blessed saint - turned up a few days ago in the jewellery box that I had already searched many times.

Also lost the Avon catalogue - found it in the freezer.

threexnanny Sun 16-Feb-20 17:28:24

I seem to have the opposite problem. Stuff I'm convinced I gave away in the last declutter session are still in the cupboard.