Gransnet forums

Chat

Robbie Williams and surrogacy

(412 Posts)
Greymar Fri 14-Feb-20 19:57:25

Money talks. Or hopefully not.

Bibbity Fri 14-Feb-20 21:58:34

Of course the surrogate is the mother. She created the child. Birthed the child. Legally she is the mother. To that baby she is the mother.

Anniebach Fri 14-Feb-20 21:59:16

Why do we move heaven and earth to support a woman’s right
to abort her own child but condemn a woman who is willing to carry and give birth to a child for a woman

I think they were so wrong to make this public

MissAdventure Fri 14-Feb-20 22:01:37

Why are they using a surrogate?

Anniebach Fri 14-Feb-20 22:06:32

Legally the surrogate is the mother and can decide to keep the baby

merlotgran Fri 14-Feb-20 22:11:50

Apparently Ayda was unable to conceive after their first two children.

Willynilly Fri 14-Feb-20 22:22:03

Money does talk! My son and his wife get one....yes just ONE chance at IVF. They’ve been through so much already, these ‘celebrities’ have no idea about real life. Apparently they’re creating their perfect family! Ha!

Bibbity Fri 14-Feb-20 22:28:26

Because and abortion affects nobody but the woman.
A surrogacy deal is about the baby.

Kittye Sat 15-Feb-20 07:15:52

Bibbity abortion affects nobody but the woman? What about the baby??

suziewoozie Sat 15-Feb-20 07:18:15

Foetus.not baby

sodapop Sat 15-Feb-20 08:35:34

And what trauma is that Bibbity? I feel more strongly about them making this such a publicity stunt than the surrogacy.

Kittye Sat 15-Feb-20 08:43:40

suziewoozie okay foetus then. ?

Hetty58 Sat 15-Feb-20 08:50:00

I'm far more worried about all the children who don't even have enough to eat, clean water, peace and security. Some are born into this uncaring world with all the odds stacked against them.

Iam64 Sat 15-Feb-20 08:51:27

The research I'm aware of that points to emotional/psychological difficulties in babies removed from their mother at birth is based on attachment theory. I haven't seen research that says babies born to surrogates have similar difficulties.
I don't have any difficulty though, in accepting that children born through surrogacy or sperm donation will have many questions about their heritage. No matter how well life parents help their children understand how they came to grow up away from birth family, questions will remain. I need to stress that I know many adopted children, now adults, who have strong attachments to their adoptive parents and live happy, fulfilled lives.

Greymar Sat 15-Feb-20 08:59:36

I don't think we need such emotive language as " move heaven and earth " to support a woman who chooses/needs termination and " condems" surrogacy.

Annie, the example you gave of a family member considering surrogacy for a sibling is differet from rich and famous people basically buying babies.

As an aside, I think RW stage show was absolutley filthy in places and I saw him on a chat show making a vile " joke" about having anal sex with his wife who had recently given birth.

Anniebach Sat 15-Feb-20 09:02:01

So women grieving for the loss of their baby, still birth or
miscarriage are being silly, they are grieving for a foetus, when pregnant we don’t feel our baby kick we feel a foetus move.

Greymar Sat 15-Feb-20 09:10:38

Sorry, I don't have the energy for this. I don't think paying for a baby is right.

BlueBelle Sat 15-Feb-20 09:32:21

If the lady in question already has two natural children and wants more surely the answer is to adopt a child with no family I don’t think it’s something that should have a fanfare of coverage
I too saw an extract of that hideously sexual song with a member of the audience greymar he was vile and just put him even further down in my estimations I hope the children don’t grow up to ever see that I also saw a video of him in the birthing room with one of their natural babies and he was vile putting her down and making awful jokes about her and singing and taking the limelight while the poor woman was panting and sweating in the background
Awful way to conduct yourself in the public eye

Anniebach Sat 15-Feb-20 09:56:18

Is the critcism against surrogacy, wealth or Robbie Williams?

Barmeyoldbat Sat 15-Feb-20 10:14:30

Its entitlement, I want and I shall have and this is just money talking. I just don't believe in this rent a womb business , there are enough children looking for adoption but then they just want a mini me, sorry 4 mini me's.

maddyone Sat 15-Feb-20 10:25:21

What on Earth was he doing in the birthing room, singing and behaving badly? I didn’t know anything about it until now.

Perhaps some people don’t understand the pain of infertility. Not that RW hadn’t already got children apparently.

Anniebach Sat 15-Feb-20 10:26:11

It is illegal to pay a surrogate, reasonable expenses are allowed.

How many here have supported their daughter through years
of infertility and all the decisions that come with it ?

How many are infertile ?

Anniebach Sat 15-Feb-20 10:28:26

No Barmyoldbat it is not ‘I want and I shall have ‘ , it is not
entitlement.

maddyone Sat 15-Feb-20 10:35:27

Yes, Annie, I have been there and got the tee shirt. It’s indescribably difficult to watch the pain of infertility.

paddyanne Sat 15-Feb-20 10:47:26

They have two natural children,they appear to be doing what celebs do and having someone else do the hard work of carrying,giving birth and losing the unwated baby weight afterwards.I do have sympathy with infertile couples but this IS a couple who believe they are entitled like many other big names

MissAdventure Sat 15-Feb-20 10:56:32

Celebrities are all entitled, I suppose, to a greater or lesser extent.
If you have money, time, and everything needed to make life comfortable, then why wouldn't you.

I do think Robbie is a total w**k* though.