Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(80 Posts)
12Michael Tue 18-Feb-20 06:08:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark with a crescent moon again, looks dry out here in Brackley this morning.
Busy day for me I have an hospital appointment in Banbury as to Glaucoma ,and field teats.
Will return home if appointments go to plan and catch bus to Bicester to do usual shop etc.
MIck

Nanabanana1 Tue 18-Feb-20 08:15:10

Good morning all, back home in Torbay after a long journey by train from Cheshire yesterday, lots of water standing on the fields, my heart goes out to all affected by the floods.
A quiet day for me today sorting thing out.

conor Tue 18-Feb-20 08:15:50

Good morning from another bright day in Essex. Managed my tidying and sorting yesterday so feel a bit more organised. DGS1 arriving soon as DDIL has her last hospital appt before baby arrives next week!! Then out to lunch with ex colleagues. Lovely to catch up with all the gossip so should be a long one. Yoga this evening and I cannot wait to lie down on that mat! Have a good day everyone xxx

Scentia Tue 18-Feb-20 08:16:33

Took a walk to the river to see how she was doing. Looks like our defences and flood plains are doing their job. Not everyone in the own is so lucky and the main A38 is shut as it is too under water.

Scentia Tue 18-Feb-20 08:20:26

*Town not own!

harrigran Tue 18-Feb-20 08:23:37

Good morning from a bright and less windy NE.
We are going to our Antiquarian meeting this evening, a talk on fashion from 1890 to 1970. The speaker always gives good illustrated talks and we get a chance to buy local history books.
Best wishes to all poorly people.

BlueSapphire Tue 18-Feb-20 08:24:18

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton, but it's feeling chilly.
Going out for lunch today with DS as he is on his own this week. DDIL has taken the girls to Sweden for a few days to visit her family; wonder what their weather is like there. Unfortunately DS was unable to get time off work. It's his day off today, but he is back on shift tomorrow. We may go to a new tapas restaurant.
Just put a load of washing in and may do the Sainsbury's order online later on.

Awoke to the sound of laughter in the middle of the night and wondered what was going on, but it was the radio. Apparently a young lady who had had a cochlear implant was describing the joy of being able to hear, and they were playing recordings of her favourite sounds.
She listed laughter, a particular song, the dawn chorus and a baby laughing. She now has two children of her own so I am sure she is enjoying the sound of their laughter.
My great nephew aged 12 has recently had two cochlear implants having been profoundly deaf since birth and is enjoying the new world around him.

Hoping for a good day for all.

Grammaretto Tue 18-Feb-20 08:25:26

Good morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders. It's not raining at the moment and we managed our pleasant walk yesterday through a window of rainbows and sunshine.

I'll catch up with yoga today and bite the bullet and accept the roofer's quote. I can't think it's healthy to have buckets in 3 rooms where the water drips every time it rains.

The houseboat story is heartbreaking Dragonfly Britain is drowning.

Good wishes to those with health worries or anxieties and there are plenty of us!

Mommawolf Tue 18-Feb-20 08:26:23

Happy birthday KALU have a good day!

NfkDumpling Tue 18-Feb-20 08:26:36

It looks like your flood plain is doing it’s job Scentia. A good thing it hasn’t been built on!

I remember those days too Momma. Thankfully grown out of! (Whiting seemed to have been the catch of choice - horrible boney things!)

dragonfly46 Tue 18-Feb-20 08:29:09

Happy Birthday Kalu ???

Marydoll Tue 18-Feb-20 08:30:15

Good morning all from a slighter calmer and drier Glasgow.
As Kalu said, the rain has been relentless. sad

Happy birthday, Kalu ???. I hope you have a lovely day. I have to say, you look great for seventy, envy, I would never have guessed!!! smile

dragonfly, how devasting for your friends, I couldn't begin to imagine how they must be feeling.
A friend of mine's niece and her husband drove down to England last week with their caravan and both cars. They were given minutes to evacuate the camp site and have lost their caravan and both cars in the flood. What a horrific experience.

Another day in for me and DH will do the nursery run. My sister in law is coming round this afternoon, so we will put the world to rights and have a good old gossip.
She kindly offered to make lunch, as I'm a bit under the weather, but DH took great offence at the implication that he was useless. ?

Have a good day, whatever your plans. My fellow patients and those with worries, I hope today is bearable for you all. ?

NfkDumpling Tue 18-Feb-20 08:30:17

And that’s an impressive skyline Dora. Very twinkly at night I should imagine.

Lins1066 Tue 18-Feb-20 08:30:35

Happy Birthday Kalu ?? have a lovely day.

NfkDumpling Tue 18-Feb-20 08:31:11

Happy Birthday Kalu (I’ve not been paying attention!)

Grammaretto Tue 18-Feb-20 08:33:09

Happy Birthday Kalu. Have a wonderful day/year

Gingster Tue 18-Feb-20 08:33:42

A beautiful morning here on the Suffolk coast. Did anyone see the sky just before dusk last evening? We had parts of a double rainbow with dripping white misty clouds passing over it. Magical ! I would like to get my nails gelled today. Never had it done before. Do they last long, does anyone know?

Pittcity Tue 18-Feb-20 08:34:10

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The wind and rain are forecast to return later.
Sitting with tea and toast with 2DGS playing Minecraft. They'll take some persuading into getting dressed.

Happy Birthday Kalu ?

Greyduster Tue 18-Feb-20 08:34:27

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dry reasonably bright day in South Yorkshire. GS has just arrived for his second day with us and it going to be a long one as he has decided he wants to stay overnight. He’s absolutely no trouble I’m glad to say. DH will probably take him swimming later and then the plan is to go to the local carvery instead of cooking today. Happy 70th Birthday, Kalu?! Enjoy your day.

conor Tue 18-Feb-20 08:34:29

Happy birthday Kalu! ?xxx

Susan56 Tue 18-Feb-20 08:43:30

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it’s still raining?
Another day of sorting the upstairs today,well really DH sorting and me directing operations!
Happy birthday Kalu??our little grandson is 2 today??
Absolutely devastating for your friends dragonfly and your friends niece Mary.
Sending good wishes to all and to all in the sick bay hope you are feeling better soon.
Thinking of you and your husband gilly on your countdown.x

Mapleleaf Tue 18-Feb-20 08:50:41

Happy birthday Kalu ???

GrannySomerset Tue 18-Feb-20 08:51:46

Coffee with friends, domestic admin and WI this evening, so a nice day if all goes to plan.

Thinking especially of Luckygirl today and the Gillybobs, and all those with assorted worries and problems. I am grateful for a day like today - the sort of thing you yearn for when life is proving really unkind.

BlueSapphire Tue 18-Feb-20 09:01:27

Happy birthday ? Kalu!

Brunette10 Tue 18-Feb-20 09:03:29

A Very Happy Birthday Kalu flowers

Anniebach Tue 18-Feb-20 09:13:48

Good morning Auntyflo and all x