Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wenesday

(70 Posts)
12Michael Wed 19-Feb-20 06:16:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark start as usual, but looks dry here in Brackley.
Yesterday, was interesting as regards how things went, got into Banbury Hospital, Field Test then Glaucoma Monitor both eyes, not told when next appointment is but will get results in 2 weeks.
I then walked back to Banbury's bus station , where I caught a slightly earlier than planned bus home , I transferred on the direct bus to Bicester , did my normal thing, coffee etc, and came back via Buckingham, and also there had my usual coffee stop , before coming home a full day out.
Today, cycling on TV this afternoon , so arealaxing day.
Mick

aggie Wed 19-Feb-20 09:16:26

Good morning from Co Armagh, very damp and dull here , club on this morning then lunch in the pub next door , the chef in the pub is doing a cookery demo for us . He is very shy and his red face is a picture if anyone asks a question ! Poor man !
Gillybob I have you on my list xxxx

aggie Wed 19-Feb-20 09:17:57

Luckygirl special prayers for you today xxx

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 19-Feb-20 09:26:34

Good morning from Northumberland, bright and sunny outside. My feet are still thawing out after yesterday; first of all, wandering round the open air museum we took GD to, which as it was very busy, did involve some outside queuing then a long session catching up with my friend in the evening (wandered home about 1.30) who lives in a caravan. Target today is to see the sea, of which there’s plenty of choice around here and to see DS2. Hope you have a good day.

Lins1066 Wed 19-Feb-20 09:31:09

What a small world IrishGrannyAnne, my friend's older sister married an Irishman and settled in Enniscorthy. All her Welsh relatives used to stay with them for the rugby internationals, in what was then Lansdowne Road.

Luckygirl, a difficult day for you indeed ?

cornergran Wed 19-Feb-20 09:36:47

Morning Mick, morning All. We’re in a grey corner of Gloucestershire this morning on our way home. What a kerfuffle gilly, not needed that’s for sure. Have everything crossed for you both. luckygirl is in my thoughts today, so hard. Hello and welcome irishgrannyanne, no Irish connections for Meitner than a very dear friend. Hope Wednesday is kind to us all, thinking particularly of anyone impacted by floods.

Bellasnana Wed 19-Feb-20 09:47:58

Good morning from the Isle of Man where it is raining at the moment.

I’ve been here for almost a week, staying with an old friend from college. That’s 44 years of being pals. We’ve had a lovely catch up and tomorrow I shall be heading home to Malta.

Sorry, I have not read all the posts but sending special thoughts to gilly, I just don’t know how much one person is supposed to take.sad

Have as good a day as possible.sunshine

ann678tifney Wed 19-Feb-20 09:51:45

Morning all from a dry but cold NE. Going to a birthday party after work, and will also see my eldest grandson to give him his card and money, Gillybob you have really been through the mill, and its awful when you have to keep on at the hospital for treatment, I hope he finally gets his op done, and that you finally get your mouth sorted. Mick DH has had glaucoma for a while now and is waiting for another operation to try and save the sight in his left eye, so hopefully your tests results are good.

Urmstongran Wed 19-Feb-20 09:54:04

Dear gillybob you are indeed Superwoman in disguise. Your husband could not have a better champion. I’m just sorry you’ve had to fight his corner. You have more than enough on your plate. x

Maw I like the sound of your PJ gardening! It’s enough for me anyway.

Mapleleaf Wed 19-Feb-20 10:18:16

Good morning from a dull but calm (for now) South Yorkshire.

Thinking of you today, Luckygirl ?

gilly, what chaos from the hospital! One arm not knowing what the other is doing - no joined up thinking. Disgraceful, really.

Welcome, Irishgrannyanne. I'm sure you will enjoy this thread.

Mommawolf your alpacas are so cute, though as you say, they look a bit mischievous ?.

Car passed its MOT, thank goodness. Now for its service which I'd arranged to have done at the same time, but they only wrote MOT in their diary, so it's got to go back for the service week after next. Very apologetic, but it's not the end of the world to have to go back, there's much worse things going on for people.

I hope today is kind to you all.

dragonfly46 Wed 19-Feb-20 10:25:19

Gillly it sounds like you have Burning Mouth Syndrome. It is brought on by stress - hardly surprising!

Marydoll Wed 19-Feb-20 10:31:04

There is another poster on here who suffers from this, Gilly, perhaps if she reads this she could offer advice.
There are a number of causes, stress being only one of them. It can also be caused by a vitamin B defiency or Sjogren's which I have.
Another hurdle for you to overcome. sad

Kalu Wed 19-Feb-20 10:38:31

Good morning from a still soggy Glasgow.

Mommawolf Your alpacas are adorable. I love the look on the face of the white one ‘it wasn’t me’! ?

Thank you for your birthday wishes Beechnut. I had a quietish but perfectly lovely day. Meeting up with some friends for coffee later (ladies only)??

Fingers still crossed for everything to go smoothly gilly

A warm welcome to you IrishGrannyAnne. Pleased you decided to join us.

Hope you feel a bit better today Marydoll ?

I am running a bit behind today I really must shake a leg and get on.

Best wishes to all in the sick bay or with worries and especially kind thoughts to Lucky?

DoraMarr Wed 19-Feb-20 10:39:18

Good morning from Birmingham, where it is dry at the moment, although cloudy. I was up early, but have been faffing about, writing emails and trying to contact Sky about my landline. I did book my Eurostar to Lille, so it hasn’t been an entirely wasted morning. Then, of course, I had to have another cup of tea. I like the idea of pj gardening. I only have a balcony, so I quite often nip out and do a bit of dead- heading in my dressing gown. (My friend-along-the-corridor had never heard of “housework pyjamas” ! )
Family and partner for lunch today, and a parcel and a prescription to pick up, so I am off to Moseley.
Nice to hear from an Irish grandma!
I hope everyone with troubles has a better day.

BladeAnnie Wed 19-Feb-20 11:35:08

Good morning everyone- just reading previous posts and I too have sjorgrens Marydoll x

Marydoll Wed 19-Feb-20 11:37:23

BladeAnnie, it's pain isn't it? ?. Not unexpected, having RA.
PM if you need a moan!

BladeAnnie Wed 19-Feb-20 12:19:49

It's awful - I just feel like there's so much going on that I'm not coping very well x

Marydoll Wed 19-Feb-20 12:51:20

BladeAnnie, I had a spell like after Christmas, the word I used was overwhelmed, by so many hospital appointments, new medication and illness, family problems as well as organising a wedding. I kept it all in, didn't tell my family, nor friends, which was not a good idea.

However, I spoke to someone and got it all out of my system. It was like a waterfall of emotions. I didn't feel better physically, but emotionally felt as if a weight had been lifted. I also reached a level of acceptance.

There are lots of kind posters on here, who will support you if you ask.
Some people are wary of PMs, but I have found them to be nothing but kind. (Apart from one, that is!) You can always block someone you don't wish to engage with.
I enjoy receiving PMs, especially on the days I can't get out.

There are more good, than nasty people on GN!

Now enough of derailing this gentle thread, I'm going back to clearing out my wardrobes and trying to be ruthless, after being seduced to buy stuff after reading another thread. blush
DH will be shaking his head! How many clothes does a woman need? grin

emjaebe Thu 20-Feb-20 09:42:18

Good morning from grey skies Ipswich.

Marydoll Thu 20-Feb-20 10:18:30

emjaebe, good morning. However, this is Wednesday's thread, there is a Thursday one.