Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(91 Posts)
12Michael Thu 20-Feb-20 06:08:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , dry but a little bit windy this morning in Brackley .
Usual day of housework , followed by buses to Buckingham and Bicester .
Wil have usual coffee breaks as well at my favourite cafes in both towns.
Mick

Shelmiss Thu 20-Feb-20 07:55:07

Good morning all. I hope you don’t mind me dropping by but I’ve been a GN lurker for a while, I only post occasionally but want to raise my head now, and join in and say hi hope that’s ok. ??‍♀️

I live in North Manchester where it’s a bit overcast at the moment, hopefully the rain will stay away for a while (but probably won’t).

Have a good day everyone ?

dragonfly46 Thu 20-Feb-20 07:59:50

Welcome Shelmiss

Mommawolf Thu 20-Feb-20 08:01:56

Welcome BROOK and SHELMISS this is a lovely thread.

Sark Thu 20-Feb-20 08:02:42

Hi Shelmisscafecupcake
Good morning coffee and cake for you!

Urmstongran Thu 20-Feb-20 08:03:10

Hi Shelmiss ?
Good to have you join us!

Curlywhirly Thu 20-Feb-20 08:03:51

Welcome Shelmiss lovely to hear from you.

Oh, Mommawolf your naughty goat, he obviously wasn't happy with your intruders! Fancy camping in your meadow, the cheeky beggars. Just as well there weren't any cows in that meadow - although I am an animal lover, I am scared to death of cows!

Sark Thu 20-Feb-20 08:04:42

Sorry Brook hello too! flowers

Newquay Thu 20-Feb-20 08:08:32

I’m a lurker too-love reading everyone’s posts from everywhere even abroad too! So sad to hear problems different folks face especially health. Have woken all but deaf with head cold-and going to a funeral today too! And got double appointment at docs-bad back, need a x ray to see what’s going on but, more worryingly, stomach problems. Feeling nauseous since just before Christmas-yuk!

conor Thu 20-Feb-20 08:09:50

Good morning from a grey Essex. Did see some blue appearing a while ago but gone now. Day in London with DGS1 today. 35 minutes on the train and then No 15 bus which goes past all the famous sights. Then lunch at Rainforest Cafe. I have never been before(to the cafe that is!) so quite excited. Hope the weather is kind to us and everyone has the best day they can. Welcome to the newbies! Xxxx?

Mommawolf Thu 20-Feb-20 08:11:19

Welcome NEWQUAY hope you soon feel better.

DoraMarr Thu 20-Feb-20 08:11:56

Good morning from a very dull and damp Birmingham, with low grey cloud looking ominous. I have a meeting to set up a new U3A group this morning, then a matinee concert at Symphony Hall. We will probably go for a pie and a pint afterwards in a very nice pub in the cathedral square.
I hope everyone has a good day!

mumofmadboys Thu 20-Feb-20 08:12:55

Good morning all. Friend staying at the mo but she goes today at lunchtime. We have had a great time. Bridge club tonight. Hope your doc's appt goes well Newquay. Thinking of those with illnesses and recently bereaved.

Alygran Thu 20-Feb-20 08:15:46

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s dry but very windy again.
DGS and DD2 are still asleep so I’m having a quiet cup of tea.
Nothing much planned for today but I expect we will go to the park to play football at some point. Off to the pub for dinner this evening, it’s a bit of a tradition for the last evening of a half term stay at Grandma’s.
Sending good wishes to all on the sick list. Thinking of Lucky
Good to see new posters on here. Welcome.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Susan56 Thu 20-Feb-20 08:25:34

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where we have very heavy rain again.
One side of the lane by our daughters house is now only accessible by tractor,the other side not as deep as yet,rain forecast for the next few days so worrying.
Mommawolf.my son in law has a similar issue with people accessing their land with no regard for their animals?
We had a lovely day with family yesterday celebrating DGS’s second birthday.
DGD coming for her Thursday sleepover.She will no doubt have planned our days activities.
Good luck at the Drs Urmston and best wishes to all in the sick bay.Hope everything goes well tomorrow gilly,I think you will be on your way to the hospital in the morning before I get to the good morning thread.x

Marydoll Thu 20-Feb-20 08:28:42

Good morning all from a yet again wet Glasgow.

Welcome to Brook, Shelmiss and Nequay. I recognise your name, Newquay and hoping your appointments go well today.
Same goes for you, Urmonstongran. ?

I have the hospital this afternoon, right in the middle of the schools rush hour. It's the one with the complicated junction and bus lanes, which DH dislikes! ?
It's got a bit complicated. We should be picking up DGD from nursery at 3pm , but as we will be at the hospital, we will need to pick her up at lunchtime from nursery, feed her, change her and rush out.
If her usual appearance is anything to go by, she will be covered in mud, paint, felt pens and missing all her hair clasps. grin.
The other day, her mum noticed her shoes were covered in felt pen. DGD's excuse: Mummy, I fell onto some pens.

I have hot cross buns rising, well they may not actually rise. ?. I got up early to start them off, but felt the dough didn't look right. I realised I had only put in half the flour, but the full amounts of everything else. No problem, I thought. I'll add more flour. However, on topping up the flour , I realised I had used the wrong flour in the first place. I think I have lost the plot!
Not a good omen for the rest of the day! wink

As usual thinking of all those who need our support and kind words. Enjoy your day, everyone.

Susan56 Thu 20-Feb-20 08:29:32

Welcome to Brook,Shelmiss and Newquay??

Funnygran Thu 20-Feb-20 08:33:26

Good morning from a calm South Yorkshire. Not sure if this photo will come through but just been sent it by my youngest DS. He and his family are returning from Holland to Newcastle by ferry and this is Redcar - in the far distance! He said it has been the calmest crossing he’s ever known and very different to Sunday evening when they went.

Mapleleaf Thu 20-Feb-20 08:34:38

Good morning,

It's rather grey, cool and breezy here this morning. I doubt it will stay dry for very long.

Welcome to all the newbies who gave joined us today. I'm sure you will find this a nice thread to participate in.

Oh dear, mommawolf . I don't understand why anyone would want to camp out through choice at this time of year, especially with the weather we've been having! No wonder you feel cross with them though, because if they had hurt themselves no doubt they would try to hold you responsible even though they've trespassed. (Maybe not as not everyone is like that, but some are happy to sue for the slightest thing these days, aren't they)?

Hope today is a good one for everyone and that gilly and others feeling unwell or worried have a brighter day today.

dragonfly46 Thu 20-Feb-20 08:35:37

Welcome Brook and * Newquay*.

Marydoll Thu 20-Feb-20 08:36:14

What a fantastic painting that would make, Funnygran. Thanks for posting it, I love seascapes.

You will be glad to see your family safely home.

Gingster Thu 20-Feb-20 08:43:55

A dreary start to the day here in Suffolk. Blowy and drizzly..... again. When will spring arrive? Saw Little Women last night and enjoyed it. Our little cinema was packed. Have a cosy day, all who can and safe journeys for those who have to go out. I meant to ask Mommawolf - people camping in this weather in February?.... ?

GrannySomerset Thu 20-Feb-20 08:46:10

Good morning from a cloudy North Somerset where it has just started to rain again. When DH is fit to face the day we have a supermarket shop to do which he, for some strange reason, enjoys. It does mean that it takes twice as long but we have nothing else planned till choir practice this evening so I need to muster both patience and a degree of charm.

Thinking of so many of our regular posters, and welcome to the newcomers to this amazing slice of life.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 20-Feb-20 08:47:21

conor our GC love The Rainforest Cafe, beware you have to walk through the shop to get to the restaurant!!!

Welcome Brook, Shellmiss and Newquay

Greyduster Thu 20-Feb-20 08:49:56

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry in South Yorkshire at the moment but that is not expected to last. We have finished our grandparenting duties for this half term week. The cupboard is now bare so a food shop is required! Then a quiet day. Aaahh ☺️! Kind thoughts to all who are struggling with ill health or loss??.

Mommawolf Thu 20-Feb-20 08:55:44

I know GINSTER some people have no sense. That field is so wet. As my grandma would say"there is nothing as queer as folk" crazy.