Gransnet forums

Chat

This might get interesting

(116 Posts)
pinkquartz Fri 21-Feb-20 16:11:10

The other day I read that the Queen has said that Harry and Meghan cannot keep their SussexRoyal brand with that name.
They cannot use the word royal.
There are in fact laws in place over this, some go back over a hundred years I believe.

Today Meghan has told her friends that there is NO legal reason for her to not use it because they only want to do good....(yeah of course) and she will do as she pleases.
She also stated that Harry and Archie are royal and no-one can take that away from them.

So is this now Meghan v the Queen and British Law?

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 17:39:02

Maybe that's her leverage?
Whowitt knows what she may say.
I can't see it going down better than our "Queen of Hearts" tome.

Smileless2012 Fri 21-Feb-20 17:45:59

Well if she does, it will show her critics that they were right along.

Buffybee Fri 21-Feb-20 17:50:40

She's doing a book on life as a Royal.
If this is true, it will hardly be a blockbuster, she's only been married for 21 months and if this little Pipsqeak thinks that her book will cause problems for the Royal family, she's more deluded than I thought.

trisher Fri 21-Feb-20 17:54:59

Interesting legal stuff. The Royal is not usable in the UK -is this why they have relocated? www.rd.com/culture/royal-need-permission-uk/
And I didn't realise that the monarch can legally take responsibility for any children -another reason to go?

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 18:05:24

This is medium Shirley G talking to the deceased Lady Di on Youtube...
Diana does not hold back either.
Now I'm not sure about mediums generally speaking, but, this one sends chills!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm8B6BqukOs

Much of what she says rings true.

Jane10 Fri 21-Feb-20 19:26:51

Hmmm. Claptrap alert! ⚠ Diana never called herself 'Lady Di'!

Elegran Fri 21-Feb-20 19:37:39

If the medium "reveals" something that we recognise, then we knew it already and the medium could have known it too. "Lady Di" was what the media called her, so anyone whose information came from some corner of the media has picked that up from there.

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 19:45:15

You clearly do not believe in the spirit world, then?

tanith Fri 21-Feb-20 20:19:51

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51593708

It’s seems they’ve already made the decision.

Chewbacca Fri 21-Feb-20 20:31:24

It'll all end in tears.

phoenix Fri 21-Feb-20 20:49:51

Watched a small bit of what was on the link posted above, someone really is extracting the urine!

aninimous I have personal experience that leads me to believe in the spirit world, but THAT is just a load of absolute testicles!

Anniebach Fri 21-Feb-20 21:27:34

What rubbish,

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 21:33:22

Agreed Annie

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 21:35:50

It's nice to hear she's happy with Dodi, too.

vampirequeen Fri 21-Feb-20 21:42:22

I hope she writes a tell all book and blows the whole firm wide open.

What's she done wrong? Upset the apple cart because she wore trousers when the Royal rules say she shouldn't have? Refused to be pushed around by the Palace flunkies? For heavens sake she's a modern woman and doesn't need to be tied to all the protocol if she doesn't want to be. It's time the Royal Family came into the 21st century. It's not as if she's been suspected of abusing underage girls and refused to cooperate with the FBI, is it?

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 21:45:40

Megs could call her book "Game of Thrones" - she must have all the goods on everyone by now.

vampirequeen Fri 21-Feb-20 21:48:35

grin

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 21:50:50

grin grin

Anniebach Fri 21-Feb-20 22:11:52

I doubt she will write a ‘tell all book’ , Harry may be under her
thumb but I don’t believe he would support such a book.

If she doesn’t want to be tied to the protocol,but take the money, she should have stayed with the celebrity chef , she could have become Nigella the 2nd, we know she writes on
bananas.

MawB Fri 21-Feb-20 22:28:52

Ananimous I cannot believe you posted that link in any sort of good faith.
As a joke, yes?
I could not get beyond the appallingly fake “Ai am Lady Dai” anybody sounding less Sloane is hard to imagine. Barbara Windsor could have done better.
Total little round objects.
What was your point?

vampirequeen Fri 21-Feb-20 22:29:47

Did she need the money? It seems that she was pretty well off in her own right. Perhaps they got married because they loved each other. Oh no I forgot. Harry has no mind of his own. She must have bewitched him somehow. It must be a genetic weakness in the royal men because it's not the first time someone of Harry's bloodline has been bewitched. Edward VIII had no mind of his own and was bewitched by Wallace Simpson. Perhaps it dates back to when Henry VIII was bewitched by Anne Boleyn and ditched Catherine of Aragon. Or maybe it was even earlier. Some thought that Edward IV had been bewitched by Elizabeth Woodville. Who knows when the bewitching started.

Smileless2012 Fri 21-Feb-20 22:36:22

I agree Annie and as I posted earlier if she does, she'll prove her critics right.

She should never have married into the royal family if she wasn't prepared to respect the protocol. She was quite happy to have her very expensive, broadcast around the world wedding complete with the ride in an open top horse drawn carriage with all the pomp and ceremony 'royal protocol' provides though, wasn't she.

vampirequeen Fri 21-Feb-20 22:46:36

How do you know she was happy to have that sort of wedding? Maybe she just went along with it at the time because she was trying to keep everyone happy. Who knows what is really going on. It's all supposition. Perhaps it's Harry who wants to escape. Perhaps they don't want Archie to be brought up in the way that Harry was. Perhaps they figure that Harry is so far down the inheritance of the crown list that it would be better for all of them if they lived a more private life. We have absolutely no idea why they've moved and what the rest of the family truly think about it. Simply blaming the American wife seems, at best, to be clutching at straws to avoid blaming Harry or, at worst, xenophobia.

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 22:49:30

@Vampirequeen
Yes, the curse of the roses, I think.

Lady Di (She revoked all royalty when she passed on apparently) and the accent is obviously Shirley's channeling voice. Sheba, Shirley's spirit dog is not in that clip, unfortunately.

ananimous Fri 21-Feb-20 22:55:21

@Mawb

Oh, you didn't see Dodi appear? Best bit. ...I believe you, thousands wouldn't.