Gransnet forums

Chat

This might get interesting

(116 Posts)
pinkquartz Fri 21-Feb-20 16:11:10

The other day I read that the Queen has said that Harry and Meghan cannot keep their SussexRoyal brand with that name.
They cannot use the word royal.
There are in fact laws in place over this, some go back over a hundred years I believe.

Today Meghan has told her friends that there is NO legal reason for her to not use it because they only want to do good....(yeah of course) and she will do as she pleases.
She also stated that Harry and Archie are royal and no-one can take that away from them.

So is this now Meghan v the Queen and British Law?

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 14:35:25

His teeth are the same as Diana's lover confused

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 14:36:04

I'd still like Duke H but it would explain why they have cast him out of the RF.

Elegran Sat 22-Feb-20 14:44:21

Thay haven't cast him out, though. He wanted out and so did his wife, so he has left of his own accord. If he left employment in any other organisation he wouldn't be able to use their publicity for his own company. He and Meghan want to have their cake and eat it - all the trappings of being a part of the royal family without the work and inconveniences.

Striking out on their own and being self-supporting brings its own satisfaction - and its own problems, which have to be solved by their oen efforts. That is what the millions who are not born into a hereditary organisation have to face.

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 15:02:12

No wonder he's got a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp, lately.

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 18:10:24

They "won't go quietly" like Mummy...

hmm

www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2020/02/22/bitter-desperate-clear-harry-meghan-dont-plan-quit-firm-quietly/

Smileless2012 Sat 22-Feb-20 18:18:48

I wish they would go quietly anonimous for their own sake.

Lucca Sat 22-Feb-20 18:19:59

As previously stated I have little or no interest in the RF. But there are some hideous comments on here including references to Hewitt etc, so “be kind “ movement doesn’t apply when there’s the chance to bitch about Harry’s wife, mother etc. Horrible.

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 18:21:54

I do not think you shall get your wish, there's a book coming...

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 18:22:52

And H is furious with having to throw away the merch they had made.

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 18:23:12

"SussexRoyal" merch.

eazybee Sat 22-Feb-20 19:03:43

Nobody asked them to go.
Nobody wanted them to go.
If they are in a mess it is of their own making.

ForestsLakesandMountains Sat 22-Feb-20 19:06:56

I wish them all the very best but all this is probably telling us that having a royal family is not really in keeping with the 21st century

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 19:23:26

It's hard to do the mental somersault's needed to accept these entitled, virtual signalling, twits deserve poor people's cash, because they are more special than us plebs.

tidyskatemum Sat 22-Feb-20 19:24:27

The latest statement on the soon to be Not Royal Sussex website just sounded so petulant and unnecessary to me, like a couple of kids whining “It’s not fair.” And the bit about HM Queenie not owning the word royal was just plain rude.

ananimous Sat 22-Feb-20 19:27:59

Lucca the thread police grin S'funny that you cannot be kind to us. Little or no interest in the RF ...Aaaaaand here you are on an RF thread insulting. #be nice?