Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Sun 23-Feb-20 06:13:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its been raining here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day some shredding to do, and general sort out.
The flea market at Buckingham was small , the stallholder I normally visit was not there.
With these floods effecting some of the country's scenic areas, like the Ribble upper area around the 3 peaks and its source, and damage else where what will these places be like for visitors later this year.
Mick

vena11 Sun 23-Feb-20 08:16:21

Good morning from a windy and wet Bristol.
I have nothing on today but cook dinner and read my book and relax hopefully.
Gillybob I hope all goes well tomorrow I will be thinking about you both.
Have a peaceful day everyone and I hope you all stay dry.

Susan56 Sun 23-Feb-20 08:16:35

QuaintIrene,so sorry?

vena11 Sun 23-Feb-20 08:18:00

So sorry QuaintIrene

Scentia Sun 23-Feb-20 08:18:13

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. It is blowing a gale and raining here so I have postponed my walk with DDoggie and DGS in the trails.
I am a patient person but I am truly fed up of this poor weather now. EVERYTHING I enjoy doing is outside and it is hampered by the wind and rain.
Thinking of mr & mrs Gillybob for tomorrow morning.
Have the best day possible today.x

dragonfly46 Sun 23-Feb-20 08:18:41

Good morning it is tipping down in Leicestershire.

I can’t go down and make tea as the dog will want to go out and it will take hours to dry him.
Cooking lunch then driving DD and SiL to Coventry to catch the train to London as there is engineering work on our line. They are leaving the car and dog here as they are going to Australia for 3 weeks. When they get back they are picking up a new car they bought yesterday.

Thinking of Gilly and so sorry to hear about your fall Susan. Hope Mary feels better.

dragonfly46 Sun 23-Feb-20 08:21:01

So sorry to hear about your little cat QuaintIrene.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 23-Feb-20 08:21:03

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Quaintirene I am so sorry to hear your little cat has died, sending you a virtual hug, our pets take up a huge space in our hearts flowers

I was woken up at 3am by the wind howling and it is still howling intermittently here in SE Essex.

Keep fingers crossed for Mr.gillybob

Keep dry and safe Goodmorningers x

Mommawolf Sun 23-Feb-20 08:22:03

QUAINTIRENE my heart goes out to you. It is heartbreaking to lose a friend, she went peaceful and surrounded by love. I will light an Angel candle for her to light her way. Take care, tears are good let them flow.

brook2704 Sun 23-Feb-20 08:30:04

So sorry to hear about your little cat QuaintIrene ?

Gingster Sun 23-Feb-20 08:34:57

Ah poor you QuaintIrene. Your lil cat had lovely cuddles before she left you ❤️. Very wet and windy here in the Suffolk Coast. We’ve had a lovely week here (apart from the weather) and are heading back to Essex today. Hope the Orwell Bridge will be open as it’s been closed in these high winds and the traffic through Ipswich can be nose to tail. Perhaps we’ll leave it til tomorrow. We never want to leave but we have family and friends to see and appointments to get to. God willing we’ll be back in a couple of weeks. Good wishes to all

NannyJan53 Sun 23-Feb-20 08:36:59

Good Morning from a very windy and rainy Black Country.

Partners cycle ride is cancelled yet again. Third Sunday in a row. Not so important though seeing others suffering in the floods.

Another day indoors, catching up on jobs, and start to think about making a list for packing as we go away 11th March to Lanzarote. Perhaps catch sum sunshine there.

So sorry QuaintIrene flowers

Sorry to hear of your fall too Susan sounds like you need to rest for a while.

Best wishes to gilly and her DH, so hoping it all goes ahead tomorrow.

BlueSapphire Sun 23-Feb-20 08:37:56

Good morning all from a very wet and windy Northampton. I am getting fed up with it now. At least I don't have to go out today, and am thankful we haven't had to suffer the floods.
Stayed in yesterday, watching rugby, reading and then watched the last couple of recordings on my BT box. DD and her husband are coming next weekend to install the new one.
My Avon lady made her final delivery yesterday; she has been coming round for several years, and has decided to cut down on her commitments. I shall be sorry; used to look forward to browsing through the book every month, and really liked some of the products. I can order on line, but it's not the same.
No plans for today apart from watching ? again, reading the weekend papers and doing the puzzle pages. The big match for me is on at lunchtime! My team, Saints, are playing away at Exeter, so will be watching from behind the sofa...
Hope things go well for all today.

harrigran Sun 23-Feb-20 08:38:10

Good morning from a wet NE, does not sound so windy though.
Family are visiting this afternoon, GD will be wanting her laptop back now that it is fixed.
DD starts her new job tomorrow, she has now lived and worked in Brussels for ten years.
My cousin, with brain tumour, is losing her eyesight so my sister and I are arranging a visit as soon as possible.
Thinking of the gillybobs.

Grammaretto Sun 23-Feb-20 08:41:57

Good morning to everyone from the Scottish Borders where at least the birds think it's Spring. I was awoken at 4.30 and they were already busy.

Sorry to hear about your little cat QuaintIrene. At least she was beside you and at peace. flowers
Sorry too about your ankle Susan My knee has recovered from a silly fall 3 weeks ago. I treated it with wondergel. Rest and more rest is my prescription.

My pottery club is growing and at least 2 are coming today.

An anxious week ahead with family and friends moving and having interviews. However there is the St Andrews meetup to look forward to if it's not cancelled by snow.....

I shall be rooting for the Gillybobs tomorrow.

65lady Sun 23-Feb-20 08:45:13

It’s a damp and cold Sunday morning in Cheshire. Spoke to my brother who is a farmer in Shropshire this morning and it’s bad for them this makes winter even worse for farmers.

I’m suffering ( a week now) with jetlag, any tips would be welcome!

So sorry to hear about your cat QuaintIrene ?

Alygran Sun 23-Feb-20 08:46:44

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s dull and grey here but not too windy just yet.
The road to the next town is closed again due to flooding. This is the third time in 2 weeks, as many times as in the 11 years I have lived here. The fields are flooded so crops will be damaged. I had a very long detour yesterday to meet up with friends to go to see 1917.
Today it’s ironing, murder mystery afternoon tea and pub quiz.
Quaintirene sorry to hear about your cat.
Thinking of Gilly and her DH and all those unwell or struggling.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Lins1066 Sun 23-Feb-20 08:49:03

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
Heavy rain and high wind overnight again here on our battered S Welsh coast. The rain had abated but it is still blowing a gale.
Little planned for today other than some lamb to cook later.
Take care of yourself Susan, glad there are no broken bones, but a fall leaves you very shaken.

Quaintirene, I'm very sorry about your little cat, our pets are precious family too. ?
Thinking of the gillybobs and hope that Mr G's operation goes ahead tomorrow.

Willynilly Sun 23-Feb-20 08:53:46

Good morning Mick et al from a soggy East Mids.
Irene I’m sorry to hear about little cat, you obviously love her very much.

Off to visit DM today. She’s not well.

Have a good day one and all, and for those with troubles, have a restful day x

BlueSapphire Sun 23-Feb-20 08:54:21

Thank you for all the kind messages yesterday; still feeling bruised, but am trying the Deep Heat. It smells really strong and the cats seem to be attracted to it! I don't know what it is, but all my family seem prone to falling over - my three sisters have all had broken bones (as have I), and my brother has been diagnosed with dyspraxia and feels unsteady on his feet. Hope that you are feeling better soon, Susan. Take it easy for a few days if you can.
So sorry to hear about your little cat, QuaintIrene.

MawB Sun 23-Feb-20 08:55:03

flowersflowers QuaintIrene sad I know how hard it is.
Good morning all from blustery N Bucks. Rubbish night - was it the wind? Still awake at 2, got up to make hot milk, slept till 5, awake again nodded off, confident the alarm would wake me at 7.30. It didn’t. Slept through until 8.30 instead.
Off to London to see the DDs and little ones but am chickening out of driving as the forecast is for (even) more high winds and rain .
Wishing you a peaceful Sunday, fingers crossed for Mr Gillybob’s op and commiserations to all with aches, pains or sorrows.

Kalu Sun 23-Feb-20 08:57:06

Good morning from a windy damp Glasgow with patchy blue skies at the moment. Snow, hail and high winds yesterday.

So sorry to hear about your cat QuaintIrene. It’s awful when they go.

I like the sound of your pottery class Grammaretto. I would love to join you if I lived just a bit closer.

No plans today but hopefully out for a walk later if the weather holds.

everything crossed for you both gilly??

Have a pleasant day all.

Auntieflo Sun 23-Feb-20 08:57:44

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all, from a wet and windy Berks.
I thought of you Mick, last week, when our local Freecycle had quite a few maps on offer!
We are off to Church later, DH is doing the AV, but we will have to go a longer way round as some roads are closed in readiness for a half marathon. Don't envy them one bit.
Straight after Church, we are off to DD & SIL for lunch, so I have made a plum and apple crumble to take for pud. Fruit courtesy of the freezer.
Yesterday I chose new frames for some specs. It took ages, as I don't know whether the assistant was new, or just very thorough. She seemed to check each and every step of the process. Then the card machine was playing up. Weonly just got back to the car with minutes to dpare before the parking ticket ran out.
Thinking of the Gillybobs all day today and ? that all will be well for tomorrow.
Susan hope you are soon feeling better, and to QuaintIrene flowers
Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Sun 23-Feb-20 08:58:36

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Sun 23-Feb-20 08:59:44

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s wet and miserable. A morning of reading the papers before going over to our daughter’s mid afternoon to eat, picking up my stepfather en route. I had the wee dram with him yesterday and he looked washed out and old with a cough which has apparently disturbed his sleep. I said I’d ring him to see how he feels today as he might be best just resting.

whywhywhy you sound particularly down. Just to let you know that Anniebach runs a thread called the ‘Black Dog Gang’ or similar name. You might find support and sharing there to help you?

Sad news I think about your little cat QuaintIrene. She was much loved and the next few days will doubtless be difficult for you. ?

NfkDumpling somehow I missed you had been to Uganda! Did you post about it? What did you think of the place? It’s somewhere that wouldn’t cross my mind for a holiday I must admit.

Thinking especially of the gillybobs today and hope that Sunday is kind and peaceful for us all, whether we have any plans or none. x

Marydoll Sun 23-Feb-20 09:02:37

Good morning all from a breezy and damp Glasgow. Mick, what a disappointment your flea market was yesterday. I noticed that my neighbour was away at 6am in this morning to the big flea market in Glasgow, she gets amazing bargains and then re-sells on Ebay!

A quiet day in for me, no church and DH has kindly gone for the papers, (my job on a Sunday), I'm just going to chill. However, that plan may go awry, as I'm sure Bridezilla ??will turn up with some panic or other, that she will expect me to sort out. (immediately)
She was too quiet yesterday, an ominous sign. grin

Susan, I hope you are OK after your fall, that was the last thing you needed after everything else you have had to deal with.
I have to admit to not being a cat lover, (I'm terrified of them), but I can understand how sad you must be at the loss of your beloved companion, Quaint Irene. flowers.

Praying that all goes well for the Gillybobs tomorrow and all the poorly patients in the sick bay have a restful day today.
A quick mention for Annsixty, who was very upset by another thread yesterday and talking of leaving GN. I hope today is a better day.?

Enjoy your day everyone.