Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Mon 24-Feb-20 06:09:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, with a little wind and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Managed to get my shredding done yesterday , before I settled down for the day.
Today , cycling on TV this morning ,and then a general sort later.
Mick

NannyJan53 Mon 24-Feb-20 16:49:18

I hope it has all gone well gilly flowers

Cherrytree59 Mon 24-Feb-20 15:17:21

Gilly was a trifle worried when I read that there was snow in the NE
Glad you both got to the hospital safely and the surgeon was there ready for your DH.

I'm sure you would have commandeered a snow plough this morning in order to get the surgeon to work.

Hope all goes to plan thanks

mrswoo Mon 24-Feb-20 15:06:26

I don’t usually post on this thread but I just want to add my best wishes to Gillybob and Mr Gillybob and say I am so gladthat finally, finally the op has gone ahead.
When I saw the snow here this morning in Newcastle I felt quite anxious that it might mean another delay. Take care and keep warm.

hulahoop Mon 24-Feb-20 13:52:22

Gilly what good news !!

Grammaretto Mon 24-Feb-20 13:34:32

What a relief Gilly!. So glad he was first in too.
I'm still praying hard that the operation is successful and there are no more hospital bugs.
((hugs))

Curlywhirly Mon 24-Feb-20 13:27:55

So glad all went to plan this morning Gillybob . Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for Mr Gillybob thanks

lavenderzen Mon 24-Feb-20 13:22:23

Good morning/afternoon from a dark and wet Derbyshire. The rain is never ending and it's very cold.
Hope everyone has a good day and those with health problems and worries start to feel better. Glad to see your post Gillybobs. Take care.

LadyO Mon 24-Feb-20 13:12:44

Phew Gillybob... what a relief he’s in. Hoping that this is the turning point from all that previous bad luck to good from now on.

Chris0 Mon 24-Feb-20 13:11:21

Sitting in M & S cafe having a lovely salted caramel latte.
Got to pick up a package from here for GS and then a Sainsbury's shop.
Walked the dog this morning after the heavy rain stopped and no housework to do when I get home.
Husband off for 2 weeks and is already getting on my nerves, god help me when he comes to retire.
Think I will carry on reading my book this afternoon.
Have a good day everyone.

mamaa Mon 24-Feb-20 12:30:26

Glad to see your post gillybob and you got to the hospital ok. When I saw the Countryfile weather forecast yesterday evening I started to think about how it might affect your journey so early this morning. I hate driving full stop in the dark and/or bad weather so was panicking for you. Sending good wishes to all.

Nortsat46 Mon 24-Feb-20 12:27:28

? hurrah gillybob and good morning/afternoon Mick and the GM team.

I agree with Urmston and others, it takes a goodly time to read all the GM posts. Of course I don’t want to post before reading, for fear of missing something important or posting inappropriately.

My issue is that by the time I have read everything I have forgotten who said what, who needs birthday or anniversary wishes and who is unwell or in need of support...

Therefore - good wishes to all today ??

Susan56 Mon 24-Feb-20 12:13:19

Fantastic news gilly.x

vena11 Mon 24-Feb-20 11:48:25

Great news Gillybobflowers

Thorntrees Mon 24-Feb-20 11:27:39

Not a regular poster but wanted to add my thoughts and prayers to Gillybob for today. Hoping to hear good news later on.x

GrannySomerset Mon 24-Feb-20 11:25:48

Fingers crossed for MrGillybob and for Gilly too. Let’s hope for a smoother path than last time!

Pouring in North Somerset - where is Noah when you need him? Late posting because I had to finish the book for this afternoon’s discussion - Hannah Kent, “The Good People”. Strange and disturbing story about an Ireland when science was in its infancy and literacy rare; the power of superstition is amazing to my 21st century mind. Lots of weather in it too, so very appropriate for recent days.

Nannylovesshopping Mon 24-Feb-20 11:05:52

Yay Gillybob it’s onwards and upwards now!?????

NfkDumpling Mon 24-Feb-20 10:55:01

Oh, ooh, Gilly! Thank goodness! Fingers and everything crossed! Filing. Filing is always good for stress - although you may find things a bit random when you come back to it. flowers

whywhywhy Mon 24-Feb-20 10:53:51

Good morning from very wet and windy Market Harborough.

Special thoughts and love go to the Gillybobs. X

I slept good last night after one week of poor sleep. Stayed in bed till 10, too dismal to get up.

Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering illness, depression or just fedup. Xx

Harris27 Mon 24-Feb-20 10:50:48

Just read your post gillybobs hope everything goes well I can understand your worry about driving as your near me. Puts my little rant to bed!! Hope all goes well for you your in my prayers.

Harris27 Mon 24-Feb-20 10:47:49

Good morning although a late post. Snowing in the ne. Went to doctors appointment after some trepidation about driving only a check up but thought must get it out of the way. Not at my usual surgery a little further away and terrible to park so I get there only to be told doctor stuck in traffic appointment cancelled! Grrrrr!,,, off to work soon not in the best of moods!,,,

Sark Mon 24-Feb-20 10:41:26

Excellent news Gillybob
Thinking of you flowers

Kalu Mon 24-Feb-20 10:41:24

Good morning from a wet, wet, wet Glasgow with a smattering of snow on the ground. Comparing this weather to the many heavy snowy days we normally had years ago in winter, I prefer this as it is easier and safer to get out and about.

I am 1 ball of wool short for the crochet I am working on so popping up to a nearby wool shop later who have a ‘knit and blether’ set up so it may take me an hour to buy some wool?

My thoughts will be with gilly and her DH today. Just hoping everything goes smoothly to plan. ?

Have a pleasant day and best wishes to those with illness and struggles to cope with.

Bathsheba Mon 24-Feb-20 10:39:41

Oh gillybob I am so pleased to read this news! I can see your lives are going to turn a massive corner now, at last ?. Please keep us updated.

gillybob Mon 24-Feb-20 10:36:34

Just a quick message to say a massive thank you for all the prayers and good wishes .

It was snowing like mad as we drive to the hospital early this morning and I just kept thinking “please let the surgeon make it into work” .

Anyway I am happy to report that DH was first on his surgeons list this morning and is in surgery right now as I type . I came straight to “this place” after the hospital but can’t settle or even concentrate . Just waiting now .

Thank you all again you lovely, lovely people . xx

harrigran Mon 24-Feb-20 10:25:09

Good morning from a NE blanketed with snow, all fallen since 7am.
Had a lie in as we have nothing pressing today.
DS and GC arrived at lunchtime yesterday having beeen skating at Beamish museum, they kindly brought some freshly baked bread from the baker's shop there.
The girls played board games with their Dad and was lovely to watch, screens put aside for a couple of hours.
I think there may have been a problem getting them to school this morning as they live in a village twelve miles away.
Hoping that Mr gillybob's operation is under way now and things get better from now on. Big {{hug}} for gillybob.