Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Fri 28-Feb-20 06:09:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark, but a dry start here in Brackley this morning, was expecting to see rain or other in Brackley if forecast was right>
Today, small shop then see how day goes , may take a bus ride unsure at the moment or watch cycling on TV this morning.
Mick

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 28-Feb-20 08:23:00

Good morning from east London, dull and dry outside, doesn’t feel too cold. Lovely catch up yesterday with old colleagues and team; enjoyed the ‘crack’ but reinforced I have no regrets about retiring. Southend house visit again today; it’s time to arrange for house clearance. Have a good day.

Greyduster Fri 28-Feb-20 08:25:19

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey and rather dreer in South Yorkshire after yesterday’s lovely sunshine when we had a nice, but cold, afternoon out. But I need a quiet day today; just a bit of food shopping, and DH has a medical appointment this afternoon.
To all with worries and health issues, may the day be kind to you ??.

BladeAnnie Fri 28-Feb-20 08:29:18

Ģood morning from a dull and grey mid-Notts - I think we are due rain later. After all my worry yesterday's work meeting was ok - still unclear what if anything I am still fit to do. I have sainsburys delivery arriving this morning then hopefully out for a coffee with DD and DGD. Wishing everyone a good Friday x

Susan56 Fri 28-Feb-20 08:34:02

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it is snowing but not sticking??
Had a disturbed night.DGD was coughing a lot so I was up and down to her.She said this morning you’re tired grandma and I’m not!Its hard to say no to our grandchildren Mary but it’s tiring having them to stay and you sometimes need to put yourself first?
I am quite envious that you have made your final paint choice kitty,we are still debating.
Sending good wishes to all with illness and worries.Hope your treatment goes well dragonfly and hope you both had a decent night gilly.x

Alygran Fri 28-Feb-20 08:34:10

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s grey and cloudy today.
Had a lovely day at the seaside yesterday and today I’m off to a GN meet up in York. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Out again this evening to a charity quiz in Richmond.
Dragonfly I hope your chemo goes ok today. You are nearly at the end of a tough road and are doing so well.
Mardoll take care of yourself.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Feb-20 08:51:20

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Grey and damp here in SE Essex, cannot believe we have another named storm -Jorge!!!

Didn't post till late yesterday night as I had our seven week GC all day to give DD a chance to catch up on her sleep.
This morning I have our five month GS till lunchtime so that DIL can take big sister (nearly 3) swimming. Then I shall be collecting the elder GC (10 & 11) from school, they are staying with us till Sunday night as DS and DIL are going to Amsterdam with friends for his 40th!!

So if I am AWOL from this thread for a few days next week I shall be lying down in a dark room!!!!!

Thinking of Marydoll The Gillybobs and dragonfly and any other Goodmorningers in need flowers

conor Fri 28-Feb-20 08:52:32

Good morning from a grey Essex but bursting with happiness as had a new baby granddaughter born yesterday. Will be a lovely addition to our family with two big brothers to look after her. Xxxx

BlueSapphire Fri 28-Feb-20 09:00:53

Good morning everyone from a very wet Northampton, and it is due to rain all day. I shall put my best foot forward though and venture out as there were one or two things in my Sainsbury's delivery yesterday that were not available. The bus stop is only 100 yds from my front door, and drops me two minutes from the store, so not too much of an effort! Shall have a coffee, and maybe cake!

Had surprises yesterday - a delivery of lovely flowers from DD and her husband, and then a neighbour invited me for coffee and cake, and also presented me with a bunch of roses. A card from my brother and a lovely text from my brother-in-law were next - all in memory of my dear DH, who died two years ago yesterday. People are so kind.

Enjoyed my ballet class yesterday, then picked up DGD from school; it was bitterly cold walking home.
No other plans for today, so will try and finish my book.
Best wishes to all.

moggie Fri 28-Feb-20 09:01:16

Good morning Mick & all from wet, grey Nottingham.
Asda delivery & Zumba gold this morning.
Had a lovely meal & few cocktails with DH last night.
Thoughts with all not well or struggling, hope gillybob & DH had a better night.
Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Fri 28-Feb-20 09:01:25

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Mommawolf Fri 28-Feb-20 09:01:50

CONGRATULATIONS CONOR it's wonderful to welcome a new generation.

Nannytopsy Fri 28-Feb-20 09:07:31

Congratulations Conor!
What colour did you choose Kitty?
What a shame about the sloes Oopsadaisy - we seem fairly well supplied around the lanes. It just depends how many of us go out picking!

Scentia Fri 28-Feb-20 09:09:46

Congratulations Conor. A beautiful grand daughter. ??

vena11 Fri 28-Feb-20 09:15:07

Good morning all still raining here whats new.
Going out to lunch today.
dragonfly thinking of you, you are nearly there.
coner congratulation.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Mapleleaf Fri 28-Feb-20 09:17:36

Good morning all,

It's a grey, dull morning today, as greyduster reports - such a contrast to yesterday. Rain/sleet is expected this afternoon which we just don't need!

Marydoll, no, you are not being a bad grandmother - at the moment you need to build up to things gradually. ?

To all with worries or I'll health, I hope today brings you a little bit of sunshine.

Many congratulations conor on the arrival of your new grand daughter. Lovely news. ??

Grandmafrench Fri 28-Feb-20 09:20:37

Morning everyone. Fixing the garden gate and cutting a hedge. No wind and sunny which is just the weather to be outside. To all who are suffering ill health or sadness, wishing hard for you that it works out o.k. - and soon. Look forward to Spring everyone, it won't be long now, new sunbeams, new plants and new life. Congratulations to Conor - some very good news for you! Stay safe all. flowers

harrigran Fri 28-Feb-20 09:24:35

Good morning from a cold and overcast NE.
I have an appointment with the practice nurse at lunchtime then I think I will spend the afternoon making soup.
Thinking of the gillybobs. Take care Marydoll.
I can empathise with dragonfly, I was on my very last chemo when I developed a pulmonary embolism and they stopped it and was put on anticoagulants.

lavenderzen Fri 28-Feb-20 09:32:08

Good morning everyone. Cold, wet and the road is blocked! So not sure about shopping today.
Hope you are feeling stronger today Annie. Hope everyone is well. All with worries and illness start to improve.
Congratulations Conor on your new grandchild.
Thinking about all who are struggling.

BladeAnnie Fri 28-Feb-20 09:34:10

Conor - congratulations x

GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Feb-20 09:46:22

Congratulations Conor a new baby girl, I see lots of cuddles on the horizon smile (I have our five month GS on my lap at the moment he is soundo)

Urmstongran Fri 28-Feb-20 10:03:41

Congratulations conor on the safe arrival of your baby granddaughter! ?

I hope some of yesterday’s anxieties have lessened for you this morning Anniebach. x

Auntieflo Fri 28-Feb-20 10:10:32

Good morning Michael, and Annie , here's hoping that you are feeling a bit better today, after yesterday.
Yesterday I continued with my slow clear out of 'stuff'. No doubt I shall collect more, but am really trying not to.
I have nothing planned for today but pottering and deciding what to make for dinner tonight. Yesterday I made fish pie and it was lovely. Bonus was , there was enough to make one for the freezer.
I need to get some of those little 3 pin hooks that bang into a wall, for hanging small pictures. I had 2 on Command hooks, but one fell down, and the wall looks so bare without them to look at. I suppose I shouldn't have put those hooks onto wallpaper, so it was lucky nothing was broken.
Marydoll, your Hot X buns sound so tasty. I just made a tea loaf cake. Super recipe and never seems to fail.
Sorry to hear that you are having problems Dragonfly. You are so uncomplaining of your treatment.
Gillybob, sending all best wishes to you and Mr G.
Well, enough waffling on, must get my act together and get on.
Have a good day one and all.

Funnygran Fri 28-Feb-20 10:45:13

Good morning from South Yorkshire where the snow is coming down thick and fast. I don’t think it’s going to settle as the ground is wet but it’s so cold outside and DH has done the morning dog walk. Reading about people clearing and sorting stuff, it’s exactly what I am doing. We’re decorating and had to empty a cupboard to move it and I’m amazed how much has accumulated over the years. I’ve decided to be ruthless - kids have taken some glasses and vases and the rest is in bags to go to our hospice shop. If I don’t take it soon I will be changing my mind and putting things back in the cupboard!

Applegran Fri 28-Feb-20 10:46:39

Good morning from a very wet north Somerset. I had thought of going to the Greta Thunberg rally and march in Bristol today - but the weather and the huge numbers of people expected have put me off. I will do what I can for the environment - maybe my not marching will not matter.

Ginny42 Fri 28-Feb-20 10:47:03

Very late good morning from a very wet Cheshire as I've been dealing with 'issues'. A demand for payment from the Council to my poorly friend which I made on her behalf weeks ago, but no sorry from the other end! Just said, 'I can confirm the account is clear'. Grrrr! Then placed an Ocado order so I don't have to go over to her today in this rain/sleet.

Got an appointment with the GP to try to find why my hair is falling out, but other than that, just staying in the warmth of home. I have minutes of a meeting to write up and an item for a newsletter.

Many good wishes to all who are unwell or coping with treatments. Special wishes to MrG and Gilly, Dragonfly and Marydoll and Anniebach. Take good care of yourselves. flowers

Whatever you may have planned for the day, hope it's a good one.